Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Gotta go Necromantic, as much as I like the Dark Elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Current standings in the vote for the new page!

Lizardmen: 11
Necromantic: 15
Orks: 1
High Elf: 1
Khorne: 6
Undead: 1
Pro Elf: 1
Humans: 1

:toot:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I'm aware that some teams really shine when they are around a certain team value range, such as needing a few skills before they start kicking rear end, or hitting critical mass early and can't keep up with other teams at higher team values.

Do the Necromantic, Lizardmen, and Khorne teams have such Team Value issues?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Deadly Ever After for team name, Flesh Golems to be Blockmagock and Wreckshasa. :v:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Agent355 posted:

I like naming all the zombies after puns or whatever if people want a theme, but I think the previous LPs worked well when most of the players had unique-ish names.

:rip: It's a Brieze.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I look forward to seeing what the Flesh Prince can do. :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
As much as loading up on cheerleaders is a pro-tier pick, save for a werewolf.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Dead apothecary'd into Dead and turned into a zombie, multiple players killed after that, an Elf team left crippled and almost guaranteed to be benched forever. Necromantic vengeance is a sight to behold. We are officially playing Blood Bowl. :allears:

For the love of god, +Movement Allowance. You can get a normal skill the next time he levels up, which will be soon thanks to that MVP, but there's no guarantee you'll get +MA again. MacGruff getting faster means that close to no-one will be able to outrun the long arm of the law undead justice.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Good half, exactly what I expected from Orcs, and you managed some nice plays as well. :orks101:

The way Humans and Orcs were described to me, they're the archetypal teams in Blood Bowl, with Humans built around ball-handling and Orcs built around punching. After that, the other teams branch off from them, having different emphasis on certain aspects or gimmicks. And then you get Goblin teams.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Beefslab really should get Block, it's going to make him ridiculous to deal with. The Ghoul definitely should be a Blodge ghoul, make him that much harder to get the ball from when he's making the touchdown run and can't get assistance. Then you give him Sidestep and every time a block is whiffed, he just gets closer to scoring range.

For the werewolf's name, since there's MacGruff, there should be another fighting-for-justice dog, maybe. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Ic-WAlyhA

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Yeah, changing my vote from Hong Kong Phooey to Hungrylike , that's a more fun name.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

GNU Order posted:

Hungrylike is front and center for some reason

Oh good, the new wolf's a showboat fresh from his college bloodbowl circuit. Gonna have to PT that out of him, coach. :colbert:

More Ghouls, then you'll finally have an actual Necromantic team. And since there's one Blodge Ghoul now, the other one can easily be the Funhaver Ghoul.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

GNU Order posted:

Our next match is against Goblins manned by Agent355.

Holy poo poo. :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Really Stupid and Bonehead are big reasons why I don't like to play teams which depend on players with those negatraits. At least if Wild Animal triggers, the player still has active tacklezones.

You really should sack FrankenCastle the next time an opponent's player is killed and zombified, it's ridiculous how he keeps finding excuses to sit out drives.

Good first half for Agent's team though, nice chunk of SPP going to the troll. I remember it being mentioned that it's generally not a good idea to get too many level-ups on the regular Goblins; I'm guessing it's because of how fragile they are?

Flesh Prince represent. :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
:golfclap: A good goblin match.

Dodge so the Wight's tough to knock down and can make sick blitzes through lines into cages, and don't fire Pelvis; not only is it a waste of a good name, no player should be sacked without good reason (like FrankenCastle). Let Nuffle sort it out. Also you might end up with one of those players with tons of injuries that just keeps on going. It's endearing.

Also Bloods MacKenzie for a ghoul name.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
And with that, Pelvis Costello's contract is effectively ironclad. FrankenCastle, however...

I agree with the other posters as well, if the other Wight rolls doubles, he needs Catch.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Motherfuckin' dwarves. :rip: Hungrylike.

Best thing I've seen is a stream where a Dwarf Deathroller took a Cas and had to eat a -MA.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Realtalk, I thought the picture for the second half would have :hitler: instead of the Dwarf art.

Keep the Flesh Prince, pulling off the Cholo Lean is worth at least one free pass. Get Guard for Dr. Wight, it's a useful skill. And save for a new Wolf, those guys are the backbone of the team.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Gotta get MacGruff some Block so those Frenzies are hella safe. Pelvis should get Kick, and the new wolf should be called Blitzer.

And save the money for now, you never know when you're going to lose another precious wolf. :smith:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
If I remember right, you can turn off Wrestle when someone blocks your guy and chooses Both Down, thinking Wrestle will trigger, and force a turnover from the attacker getting knocked down, yeah?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I should've expected this with a Khorne game, but my heart wasn't ready. :smith: :rip: Fresh Prince.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Now that was some good Bloodbowl.

Sidestep for Santos, with Blodge he's now an annoying bastard to deal with. Save your money, even the lowest payout result on the next game will get you enough money for a new Flesh Golem.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Well that sure sucks for Wolf Blitzer. Still, a niggle isn't enough to kick you off of the team, but a loss in movement on a high-movement player's definitely enough.

Buy a new Flesh Golem, next purchase should be a Ghoul. The team has two Werewolves and the other ghoul is Santos. That said, keep Ra's Al as a lineman until there's enough cash for a replacement.

Also give FrankenCastle +MA for the fabled fast-zombie strat.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

GoatLord posted:

How can you possibly resist Flesh AAAaaaAAA Gordon

He'll save everyone of us. :unsmith:

Gonna throw in my vote with this name.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Teams revolve in and out of the featured slots on a weekly basis, where they are free to play for everyone, and you pay either an assload of gold from playing games or actual money to unlock them permanently. One week will be Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves, Ogres, and Halflings.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I like Wellby Cotton because the name has just enough to it to sound like it's an obscure pun or reference. It helps that he was a goddamn champion up until he ate that punch. :v:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

madmac posted:

Flesh: Pay the Block Tax and get it out of the way.
McGruff: Give him Dodge to improve his punching and running game simultaneously.
Blitzer: The Mightiest Blowing. Huff Puff Little Piggies.
Dr. Wight: Give him Guard to cement his position as best Wight.
Fire Raz rear end Ghoul and get a new one.

Yeah, this is pretty much the only way to go. Seconding "My Ghoulfriend" as a ghoul name because :v:.

In celebration of a wolf getting dubs, a classic;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtffv9bpB-U

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
In case anyone was looking to get Blood Bowl on the cheap, Steam's daily deal today is several Games Workshop titles. So that's Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition for US$7.49, or Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition for US$4.99. :toot:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
:woop: My boy Pelvis Costello inducting fools into the Wrassle Zone :woop:

I realize -AV on a Mighty Blow dude isn't much, but a name like Block Pride is too good.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
:rip: FrankenCastle, you were a zombie after my heart. Still haven't gotten over Pelvis Costello's induction to the Wrassle Zone, though.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Sidestep for Santos so he'll be the ultimate rear end in a top hat on the pitch.

New zombie, the son of Franken Castle, Castlesteen. Bonus points if the next ghoul's called Eyegore.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Santos working goddamn miracles like it ain't no thing. :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj42aefC1ms

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

whowhatwhere posted:

Guard

Dodge (Gnu's never gonna pass unless it's desparate, so at least make him an rear end in a top hat to knock down)

El Hijo del Santos. Desperate for another ghoul that can withstand the pressures of Blood Bowl, Fairly Elected turns to the son of its most legendary player!

Pretty much this, yes.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
The story of El Hijo has begun.

tlarn fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 9, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Santos pulling off magic so good that it got the reroll he used regenerated via high-morale cheerleaders is deserving of the Ballad.

Who cares about what happened at the end, Santos is Santos.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Tackle to make our only good player for the next game especially dangerous and that much more likely to be benched two turns in. Also, keep Santos. The only way you leave an Undead/Necromantic team is death.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Ozdhaka posted:

Hey, GNU, if you end up avoiding some terrible injury rolls next match, I may have drawn some of those off of you. I didn't inflict any actual injuries that match, and I think it was the now-dead Catcher that was apo'd once, before getting dealt another death.

Add another one to the "gently caress Skaven" tally, if anyone has one lying around.

This is what Nuffle calls "a good start."

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

UED Special Ops posted:

Dr. Wight: Tackle
Graverobbin Williams: Kick
Clifford Olsen Twins: Keep
Wolf Blitzer: Keep

Yeah I'm gonna go with this too.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I say Option 1, let's see if we can get some sweet rear end Lizards next time around.

:rip: Fairly Elected, you were fun, and Santos will be in our hearts always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj42aefC1ms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Gridlocked posted:

I wanna say Option 2. Why? Because I am learning so much about Blood Bowl from these videos. I may not be the most avid player but I love learning about the little tricks, the skill combos and that sort of thing. However I understand Fairly Elected is starting to come to that point where we are either going to be moving veeery slowly into new strategies as our older players leave and we get new players/skill sets or we will be rehashing the past.

This is why I would like to follow the peoples before me suggestions and say that you take the break as per Option 2 over the Christmas/New Years/Holiday break and come back with a NEW team of a different race and teach us all about them too.

Seriously this is my favorite LP on SA, please don't let it die without a fight.

The best thing you can do at this point, after following a Blood Bowl LP, is playing Blood Bowl. The Christmas Sale on Steam is going to start in a matter of days, so you can get Chaos Edition cheap.

Or maybe check out cKnoor on youtube, he's a duder on these forums who streams Blood Bowl every week and his youtube channel has hundreds of Blood Bowl videos in playlists for specific teams.

• Locked thread