Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
that's the stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Hey you folks that are able to follow kickboxing because you don't sleep and have the ability to read Russian/Japanese - is tomorrow's card worth figuring out why my Xbox UFC Fightpass app is hosed up? Tomorrow is superbowl day in my household but I'd welcome a diversion.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

Hey you folks that are able to follow kickboxing because you don't sleep and have the ability to read Russian/Japanese - is tomorrow's card worth figuring out why my Xbox UFC Fightpass app is hosed up? Tomorrow is superbowl day in my household but I'd welcome a diversion.

is there a kickboxing show on? the only show good enough to be on my radar this month is KNOCK OUT because Tenshin is fighting some former Thai boxing champion in a joke fight and there's a guy on the card called Juan Mario Kaewsamrit

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

vainman posted:

that's the stuff

strong

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
BAdr Hari supposedly arrested and given a 2 year sentence?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I guess it's from those charges from several years ago and he's only gonna serve 6 months

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

He got sentenced for 2 years of which 10 months are on probation. With the time he already has done it comes down to 6 months he has left.

He apparently is in Morocco now, but he said he'd come back soon to finish his sentence.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Ronaldo will be devastated

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
australian kickboxer who co-owned a gym with a hell's angels guy tracked the hell's angel to thailand where he abducted and murdered him and is now on death row in thailand

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Marching Powder posted:

australian kickboxer who co-owned a gym with a hell's angels guy tracked the hell's angel to thailand where he abducted and murdered him and is now on death row in thailand

Glad to see it's not just Dutch organized crime news.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Kickboxing truly is a global crime network.

I like that Hari is "totally gonna come back from Morocco soon."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Turning himself in is Hari's way of finding the people responsible for his conviction and beating the poo poo out of them.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Upcoming Kickboxing Schedule:

2/24 - Glory 38 - Chicago - Vakhitov vs. Cavalari (LHW)
2/25 - K-1 - Lightweight WGP - Yoyogi
3/3 - Lion Fight 35 - Nattawut vs. Sripueng (SWW), Shevchenko vs. Lawant (WLW)
3/25 - Glory 39 - Brussels - Doumbe vs. Kongolo (WW), Sitsongpeenong vs. Salvador (LW)
4/8 - Bellator Kickboxing 5 - Torino - Kielholtz vs. Michieletto (WFLW)
4/22 - K-1 - Super Bantamweight WGP - Yoyogi

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dan Didio posted:

Turning himself in is Hari's way of finding the people responsible for his conviction and beating the poo poo out of them.

His exploits blend together. Is there an actual list of his run ins with the law anywhere?

I'm basically asking if he is a murderer.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

attempted murderer, which is in many ways a victimless crime

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Captain Log posted:

His exploits blend together. Is there an actual list of his run ins with the law anywhere?

I'm basically asking if he is a murderer.

quote:

20 February 2010 Club Blinq. The bouncer of Club Blinq is assaulted by several perpetrators one of which is said to be Hari.
6 maart 2010 Albert Cuyp Market. Hari drives his car into the Albert Cuyp Street, which was closed to vehicle traffic, and has an accident with a pedestrian severely injuring her leg.
1–29 July 2011 Spuistraat. Hari is accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend Rosa in her apartment in Spuistraat and the destruction of her property.
17 July 2011 Club Air. Jeroen van de Berg, the owner of the Club Air and an Italian guest are assaulted. Jeroen suffers serious damage to his teeth due to a kick to the head.
2 December 2011 Cooldown Cafe Hari is caught on camera in "The Cooldown Cafe" assaulting Olivier, the stepbrother of his ex-girlfriend.[73]
8 July 2012 Sensation White, Dutch millionaire entrepreneur Koen Everink is severely assaulted at a dance event in the Amsterdam Arena. Everink suffered a broken nose and eye socket and a broken ankle, which required several surgical procedures.[83] The public prosecutor stated that numerous witnesses have pointed the finger at Hari.
On 25 July 2012, Taken Into Custody. Hari turned himself in to the police in Amsterdam. He was taken into custody as a suspect for six cases; later his detainment was prolonged for 90 days.

Koen Everink was later murdered (slaughtered is more like it though) inside his own home. Ironically enough that appears to have nothing to do with Badr. The suspect is and old pro tennis coach who was in large debt with Everink.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

That list isn't bad but it's missing some minor details, like the time a mobster paid him to burn down a pregnant lady's house and the time he slapped two people in a hotel lobby for no reason

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.liverkick.com/index.php/item/4225-k-1-japan-announces-k-1-s-return-to-saitama-super-arena-in-2018

K-1 Japan is ready to start trying bigger arenas :kiddo:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

vainman posted:

That list isn't bad but it's missing some minor details, like the time a mobster paid him to burn down a pregnant lady's house and the time he slapped two people in a hotel lobby for no reason

He is (or was) good friends with Gwenette Martha, a well known criminal. I believe he once came out in a shirt with something like Gwemmette forever or something.

He allegedly set the house on fire for him because the woman was telling everyone that Gwennette bought/rented the house for her while she should've kept quiet.

Despite witnesses claiming to have seen someone who fits Badr description in the brand/type car driving up to the housejust before the fire it didn't go to court. There were only a few other things that pointed in Badrs direction, but no hard proof.

I think the police intercepted phonecalls between Gwennette and Badr talking about : "she's been punished enough, just check the news" as well as texts to his ex girlfiend to "keep a bucket of water close to your bed" after she asked if he was gonna light her house up as well.

Really swell guy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

his name is BADr. what did you expect?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Thanks for the info - so he is a legit thug piece of poo poo rather than a hothead in the wrong place at the wrong time...a bunch.

Good to know who to hate.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
most of the organised crime news here just makes me sad even though the sheer prevalence of out-of-the-ring violence is also darkly funny. but when i forget who said 'on a long enough timeline, badr hari will assault us all' i laughed with a whole heart.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Tenshin won his joke fight against a former IBF champ, but at least he did it in style

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/830734061383667712

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
So freaking cool how he generated so much power on that shot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

So freaking cool how he generated so much power on that shot.

Very cool. That dude wanted the gently caress out of that fight though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I saw this linked on Twitter and I watched it and it was awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxyFzEES2Mg

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

cool

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Log posted:

Very cool. That dude wanted the gently caress out of that fight though.

I'd want out after I got my rib organs rattled like that.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

CommonShore posted:

Incredible

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's insanely good.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Almost as good as that MMA double KO.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

That was pretty awesome.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

CommonShore posted:

pro click

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Brilliant. Kickboxing is hard to watch, like Hockey when you can't see the puck.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Thanks for the info - so he is a legit thug piece of poo poo rather than a hothead in the wrong place at the wrong time...a bunch.

Good to know who to hate.

Every kickboxer over 170 lbs.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Brilliant. Kickboxing is hard to watch, like Hockey when you can't see the puck.

imo kickboxing is really easy to watch as a sport, but really hard to watch as an entertainment product where you have to hunt it down on weird foreign streaming sites like a truffle pig. it's more like bowling where it's very percussive and easy to see and understand what's happening, but occasionally the mafia burn the alley down for insurance money.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

imo kickboxing is really easy to watch as a sport, but really hard to watch as an entertainment product where you have to hunt it down on weird foreign streaming sites like a truffle pig. it's more like bowling where it's very percussive and easy to see and understand what's happening, but occasionally the mafia burn the alley down for insurance money.

Agreed. If there was a 24/7 kickboxing channel, I'd probably tune into it as a default if UFC or Game of Thrones or Doctor Who or the Venture Bros wasn't on, and if there was nothing good on the cooking channel, and if there were no Simpsons/King of the Hill reruns on anywhere. Definitely after that.

If it was that easy.

And if I had a TV.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

What's up with Petrosyan? Are his hands too beanbagged to fight real opponents or is there another reason he hasn't fought someone I've heard of in half a decade

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

What's up with Petrosyan? Are his hands too beanbagged to fight real opponents or is there another reason he hasn't fought someone I've heard of in half a decade

i doubt he has anything he wants to prove anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hes also a free agent cos he got screwed out of some money, i think.