Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
That was proven long ago when Aoki got knocked out by the cosplay trans dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

colonel_korn posted:

I gather that this is a pretty famous fight, but I only saw it the other day when it came up in my recommended YouTube videos. Apparently it was one of the first big American-style kickboxing vs Muay Thai matches. It's pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPAWx3W03M

That was cool as gently caress, are there any other historic must watch kickboxing fights?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Paul Daley won his K1 fight

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Good for him, im glad.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

JT doesn't have to threaten violence when he bodyguards, it goes without saying and people behave. JT > Hari

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I forgot eurosport was a thing

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Hes such a prick.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that's actually insanely sick, i hope there's some restreams

Dont we get ESPN over here?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Holy poo poo haha

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Opal posted:

A friend of mine got tricked into taking a fight under full muay thai rules against a local girl they said had like 3 professional wins but who turned out to have had 30. I'm not really sure what the purpose of that was but at least my mate got out with only a couple of (admittedly nasty) elbow cuts

I would of totally fallen for that

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Boco_T posted:

I liked the main event of KRUSH.72: KANA vs. Mellon Geugjes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBreIpKyg4I

It's weird that neither fighter is going for body shots so the high guard is used without a worry. Cool fight though.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
So freaking cool how he generated so much power on that shot.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Brilliant. Kickboxing is hard to watch, like Hockey when you can't see the puck.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

imo kickboxing is really easy to watch as a sport, but really hard to watch as an entertainment product where you have to hunt it down on weird foreign streaming sites like a truffle pig. it's more like bowling where it's very percussive and easy to see and understand what's happening, but occasionally the mafia burn the alley down for insurance money.

It's easy to watch in that it's two dudes trying to knock each other out, but it's hard to watch in comparison to boxing because of all the extra elements. There's way way more going on. I like to think I can follow boxing tactics, combinations and defence, I can't for the life of pick up on what kickboxers are trying to do. For example that high kick knock down or flying knee, how do you mimic or train for that, and how do you in the middle of a brawl decide to throw it. Its mental, next level stuff to boxing.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
How is that real, and how is it working?!

Like, is it a case that they haven't fought someone that Bob Sapp like ever so they don't know how to defend against it? My gym would disown me if I tried that I think, and they only keep me around as someone who can speak to the police without getting in trouble as it is.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Thank you so much for introducing me to this.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I'm in Amsterdam trying to find out who killed who at that Cassa Rosso pink neon elephant place, and getting away with it by telling people I know Alistair Overeem and his mates, and I'm getting really cool kickboxing adverts and promotios on Facebook/Twitter/YouTube advertising. Its very cultural.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Had a bit of a bizarre night, glad I stayed sober and had my wits about me because I came back with the same amount of Euros that I left with, but I've been sent on a bit of a wild goose chase and have ended up in a lovely bagel shop eating breakfast owned by Kirst Novoselic, who I thought was some gangster I was tracking down but it turns out he was the bassist for a band called Nirvana. Also he's not here.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Fucks sake.

I thought I got a new lead from the guys who train at Mikes Gym, I asked where the most dangerous place was so I could meet some real killers, and they gave me these co-ordinates to a place called "Artis".

The girlfriend and I went, Artis means Zoo in Dutch, the co-ordinates were to the lion enclosure.

I thought when they were discussing shark tanks they meant when one dude goes against a fresh guy every round, but they were actually debating which would be more dangerous a shark tank in the aquarium or the lion enclosure.

We had a nice time.

They also let me take a photo in the RLD where no photos are allowed because I came back after the previous night and they thought I was very brave, also because it was day time and there weren't many prostitutes about. I'll post it when I'm back in the UK.

Girlfriend is kinda mad that I've made this trip about mma/kickboxing but at the same time appreciates that we've had a great holiday.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Ohhh, ok, sorry for my ignorance, everything was lalbed Artis on the way there and the entrance itself had Artis written on it so I assumed it meant Zoo, because it was a Zoo.

I didn't get to meet Badr, he wasn't around (prison maybe?), if he had of been I'd of certainly given him a piece of my mind. There's a man who needs being told straight if ever I saw one.

Anyways I'm off to try some marijuana because it's legal here. I'm done with adventuring.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Anyone heard of Muay Extreme? It's kickboxing with mma gloves. Looks brutal and very fast paced.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
That's it! Only saw it randomly on Facebook as one of my friends posted it. How big is it?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Same

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

I got hit by something like that and just died momentarily. I can't imagine being able to then produce any kind of offence.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/964979509844938753

:(

you fought literally loving everybody like 5 times man, maybe it's time

No matter how much you love them, they wont stop if it's the only thing they know, they have nothing else, it's horrible.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Well, the Lumpinee lightweight title was just contested in Japan between Kulabdam and Genji Umeno, so there's at least a HD version of that

That was legit amazing. I don't understand Thai Vs regular kickboxing but that straight seemed to be there all night but never taken advantage of by both fighters, is that just Thai style?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Speaking of Gaora, Krush 86 just concluded and the main event was complete fuckin insanity

https://twitter.com/New_K1_bot/status/972438203083890688

Wow

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Those body shots are extremely fun to watch. Wish I could punch like that.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Are there any good events or places to find events to watch Thai boxing in the UK live?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

i'm sad that noiri now almost looks like a normal human being but i'm happy that he's still a scrappy violence machine.

Is that old triangle head kid?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
https://www.facebook.com/WingChunNews.ca/videos/802448903294257/

Who is this happy chappy? Bukkaw? How'd he get so good?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I hate Badr Hari

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Wait what's this about Akiyama betraying children?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I think Badr Hari needs to be explained although maybe not as much as he used to be because he seems to have lost prominence which is a good thing because gently caress Badr Hari

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Kana's fight went to an extra round decision so it seems they're finding competitive girl fights. Fumiya, who was just a few months ago in a disgusting, gruelling brawl that you should watch

I remember this fight, absolutely amazing.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

I really enjoyed this one as well. The smaller hot pants dude didn't even seem like he was in the nasty tanned fella's weight class so I was hoping he would pull off a win, especially when he was fouled twice.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I know this thread is going to be dead from now on but this was cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ylWvwDNsPA

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Did something happen to Dunc?

No idea

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 3, 2018

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Nm

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jul 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I should of never caused trouble in Amsterdam.