Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Must be difficult scheduling an event when all the kickboxers are either wanted criminals or the victims of one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
drat whores

Opal
May 10, 2005

Relatedly, I read this today.

BloodyElbow posted:

While it wouldn't be surprising if the tough schedule of a top Muay Thai fighter would eventually bring a tragic end to a fighters life, what has come to light after Sangmanee's hospitalisation is much more sinister.

Sangmanee was not suffering from an injury inflicted in the ring. Doctors have confirmed that he was poisoned, and that if he hadn't been admitted when he was he might have died due to kidney failure.

For now, Sangmanee is still under close observation. What happens next is not yet clear.

The scariest part of this story is that this isn't the first instance of a fighter being poisoned this year.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/2/7320541/muay-thai-superstar-sangmanee-sor-tienpo-fights-for-his-life

I realise this is obviously betting related but I had no idea it was so widespread.

Opal
May 10, 2005

Sanny :sweden: I met him on New Years, I like to think it was my well-wishes carried him to victory

Opal
May 10, 2005

God yes

Opal
May 10, 2005

Kickboxing loving rules

Opal
May 10, 2005

Cripes

Opal
May 10, 2005

Pierat posted:

Petrosyan fights tomorrow morning at Henan province's premiere martial arts promotion WU LIN FENG. Starts at 6:30 am ET. There's also an eight man tournament and every match is a Chinese guy vs. a not Chinese guy. This is apparently Wu Lin Feng's gimmick.

http://www.liverkick.com/index.php/...rosyan-and-more

Any idea how to catch this?

edit:
Oh, seems like it's on now?
http://www.zoptv.com/live/henan-tv

The connection leaves much to be desired however

Opal
May 10, 2005

Well crap, hope there's a VOD, looked interesting. I'll wait on the Good Doctor's fight for a day or so and see

Opal
May 10, 2005

A friend of mine got tricked into taking a fight under full muay thai rules against a local girl they said had like 3 professional wins but who turned out to have had 30. I'm not really sure what the purpose of that was but at least my mate got out with only a couple of (admittedly nasty) elbow cuts

Opal
May 10, 2005

It would be cool if he was gunned down on the street, for a change

Opal
May 10, 2005

You can't get married on your own at 23?

Opal
May 10, 2005

That's just smart matchmaking

Opal
May 10, 2005

Dude so poo poo he makes Ghita fight badly. That's something

Opal
May 10, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

Amateur heavyweight in low participation sport not nearly as good as Ghita :monocle:

I can't honestly decide which one should not have been there more, the leg fucker upper death machine or the guy who defends punches by stretching out his arms and bending backwards at the waist.

Opal
May 10, 2005

This is such a weird sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opal
May 10, 2005

The tiny fight people were good too, there was some cool punch judo going on