Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I think we're past prime Ghita :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

glory is no longer a big money proposition and the guys with big contracts are gone or going

It isn't? Is this something that has been going on gradually the past few months or did something suddenly happen in last few days?
I pretty much rely on this thread to keep me informed so I don't know. Until now, I'd have pegged Glory as "stable condition".

If the guys are leaving is there a place they are going to or has kickboxing reverted back to it's natural state of being a wasteland?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Droopy Goines posted:

I love the new thread name.

Accuracy in reporting.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Can anyone tell me what Daniel Ghita is doing?

I am an American (and thus have lovely American news coverage) and can't seem to figure out what Ghita is doing in the public sphere. I guess he's protesting against generalized Romanian government corruption.

But now he's meeting with political leaders? Is he the next CroCop (kickboxers turned to politicians?).

Google's Romanian-->English translation needs some work so I'm not entirely sure what he's trying to accomplish.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Welp, lesson (re)learned the hard way.

If you like a pro athlete, better to ignore what they are doing politically.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah I missed it because I was fighting with my Chromecast

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I was talking to someone about low kicks today and I wanted to show them "innovative tricks to cool your dog" but I can't seem to find it on youtube.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

There it is. Thanks!

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Hello all.

I made it to the New Lumpinee stadium this weekend and it was awesome.

Make it a point to go at some point if you can. It was a bunch of small tiny Thai teens / young adults but it was still pretty rad and very fast.

Heaviest of dudes were 134 lbs.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Who under 15 doesn't know Nirvana / Krist Novoselic?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I've had a hard time following it since all the big heavy Europeans went extinct.

I mean there was It's showtime for a while.
Glory seems to have dwindled.
K1 is secret to the western hemisphere.

But good drat it's great

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Ghita is coming back?!
The world is ok sometimes.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Is that what happened? He moved to Korea?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Lol the Dutch never disappoint.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

willie_dee posted:

Ahahahaa magical. Couldn’t happen to a nicer person.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I forgot how much I hate Michael Schievello.