Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

Here's some stuff about a couple weapons. Note the 3D printing rifle. It makes bullets the whole time you use it. It's almost like having permanent scavenger.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/23/the-future-tech-of-advanced-warfare-new-images/

You may have to reload the "bullet juice." It seems you can rely on a gradually increasing mag up to a certain point so you don't have to do a full reload after firing a short burst. It could potentially gently caress you over if you mag dump then get stuck with a slowly replenishing available ammo count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

You may have to reload the "bullet juice." It seems you can rely on a gradually increasing mag up to a certain point so you don't have to do a full reload after firing a short burst. It could potentially gently caress you over if you mag dump then get stuck with a slowly replenishing available ammo count.

Which is why I said "almost." It's a neat concept and I'm looking forward to the other guns they eventually show off.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Advanced warfare things!

Possible pre-order incentives!
http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/31/new-call-of-duty-survey-asks-about-potential-preorder-bonuses-for-advanced-warfare/

Gameplay videos on june 10th!
http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/30/advanced-warfare-gameplay-to-be-featured-on-ign-on-june-10th-at-2pm-pdt/

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If there's one thing this stupid series could use it's to start releasing betas again, but the kids will probably vote for loving Nuketown instead

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A beta didn't help BF4. :negative:

Betas are like demos at this point. They don't really help anything in the full game at all, especially since the betas tend to have a very small amount of content from the full game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mill Village posted:

A beta didn't help BF4. :negative:

Betas are like demos at this point. They don't really help anything in the full game at all, especially since the betas tend to have a very small amount of content from the full game.

Some betas wind up being better than the finish product to.

gently caress you Gears 3, you had the weapon stuff right outside of the retro and then you hosed it all up. :argh:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Some betas wind up being better than the finish product to.

gently caress you Gears 3, you had the weapon stuff right outside of the retro and then you hosed it all up. :argh:

Gears 3 was great until they gave in to people bitching about everything but the gnasher. Can't have anything be better than that. No sir.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Beta is pretty much a code word for demo these days.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

You... You mean that they aren't using all of that valuable input from the community to tighten up the graphics on level 3? :ohdear:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
If you use anything other than the gnasher you are a no skill scrub.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

If I was following the E3 video properly, I hope it means we get sweet robo-arms.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
:siren::siren: Official Call of DutyŽ: Advanced Warfare - "Induction" Gameplay Video :siren::siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sRUZ9p4oYQ

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Looked like 2, maybe 3 button presses in the first 2 minutes of "gameplay"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hooray, double jumping.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm fairly sure this game is intended as self-parody. There were TWO helicopter crashes in one cutscene!

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

This game looks boring as gently caress. The enemy AI just sorta stands there as you Titanfall Pilot through CODidors. I could not be less interested in this game after watching that trailer.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I like the laser shield thing. Also Frank Underwood.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1wAokoQ4-k

Pre-order now to get brass armour and a weapon with infinite* ammo that never has to be reloaded!

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1wAokoQ4-k

Pre-order now to get brass armour and a weapon with infinite* ammo that never has to be reloaded!

A gold-esque armor skin on launch day? They're really pushing for people to just commit to buying.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Call of Duty is turning into Halo and Halo is turning into Call of Duty. What a bleak, horrible future we live in.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Are there any masks? What about rainbow camo?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Let me know when reddit starts a petition to get riotshield + futureC4 banned and I'll start playing before it gets nerfed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have no intention so playing this but I'll pre-order it and buy a bone too just in case I want to play it.

I'm the gold standard of consumer whoring.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
no get a ps4 instead so we can play 10 times before rage quitting the entire game after they don't add the first DLC maps into rotation until the second pack is released

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
gonna get my fill of D3 in before i switch over to this on the bone.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I just hope that my ~*~eLiTe~*~ status in the BOYS clan carries over to this game so I don't have to wait for a spot to open after all the available ones get snatched up by people who redbox the game for the weekend and never play again

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Man, after the snoozefests that are Ghosts & Titanfall, I can't wait for this game!

Unironic enthusiasm, by the way.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
You've never played Titanfall though?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

Man, after the snoozefests that are Ghosts & Titanfall, I can't wait for this game!

Unironic enthusiasm, by the way.

this but somehow both ironically and unironically

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My anticipation for this game is proportional to how much I've been drinking.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Wazzit posted:

Me either and I'm super bored of it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

I watched it on Twitch and that was more than enough.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Titanfall is a good game, a little light on content but the core gameplay loop is really fun.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Javes posted:

Titanfall is a good game, a little light on content but the core gameplay loop is really fun.

Already bought Brink once, I'm not buying it twice, thanks.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Titanfall is the game Brink wishes it was.

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.

Mister Macys posted:

Already bought Brink once, I'm not buying it twice, thanks.

brinks problems were a lot more than just "light on content"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Javes posted:

A little is an understatement.

The core game is drat good but when that loop only lasts a few minutes and it's all there is to do, it becomes rote and boring super fast.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
What about Destiny?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Destiny is not an Xbone exclusive so it will be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Thank You Card posted:

brinks problems were a lot more than just "light on content"

At least Brink didn't require a multiplayer "campaign" mode that nobody plays to unlock content for it's normal multiplayer. :lol:

• Locked thread