Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Mister Macys posted:

At least Brink didn't require a multiplayer "campaign" mode that nobody plays to unlock content for it's normal multiplayer. :lol:

Meh, as far as grinds go it's hardly the worst. They also essentially undid that in the last patch - unlocks through normal multiplayer at level 15 and 30. You'd have a better complaint at how laughably bad and tacked on the TF campaign is.

COD Kevin Spacey Warfare still looks like they're trying so hard to be titanfall meets halo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Campaign unlocks the lighter and heavy Titan chassis. Bless your heart if you actually prefer either to the Atlas. Also they are now unlockable outside campaign multiplayer, which is still pretty fun to play if you want smash on level 1 players.

edit: I don't really want to keep defending this game, as I really don't care that much, but TF is a really fun game that is short on content, no question about it. But there is a big difference between watching some terrible twitch stream and actually playing it, calling your Titan in, jumping in and loving some poo poo up.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 7, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zombie Boat posted:

What about Destiny?

It's gonna be good. SO loving GOOD.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Brink is a buggy piece of poo poo that could only aspire at its best to be a distraction for pica-afflicted autistic children to stop eating their own poo poo for an afternoon while their defeated parents fix the garage door opener so they can shut themselves in and end their lives with the exhaust of their low-emission sedans, purchased as an ironic last-ditch effort to improve the world ever so slightly after giving birth to a drooling piece of genetic garbage that reduced the lives of all around them to miserable exercises in pain tolerance before suicide

I watched it on Twitch and that was more than enough.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
this game looks shite

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

this game looks shite

perfect for u then mate.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

drink slurm posted:

perfect for u then mate.

Rude. Unsubscribed from this thread, so much for the 'most troll free forums on the web'

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Brink is a buggy piece of poo poo that could only aspire at its best to be a distraction for pica-afflicted autistic children to stop eating their own poo poo for an afternoon while their defeated parents fix the garage door opener so they can shut themselves in and end their lives with the exhaust of their low-emission sedans, purchased as an ironic last-ditch effort to improve the world ever so slightly after giving birth to a drooling piece of genetic garbage that reduced the lives of all around them to miserable exercises in pain tolerance before suicide

Same

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I liked Brink. :smith:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Fibby Boy posted:

I liked Brink. :smith:

No, you liked Sniper Elite 2.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

No, you liked Sniper Elite 2.

I liked both.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I loved throwing caltrops and watching a whole team of bots stand on them forever. Don't know how they worked on actual people because it was brink and I never got to play with a human.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

VJeff posted:

A little is an understatement.

The core game is drat good but when that loop only lasts a few minutes and it's all there is to do, it becomes rote and boring super fast.

It's great to see these comments and then see people elsewhere on the internet claim Battlefield Bad Company 2 was the best game in the Battlefield franchise because there wasn't a ton of stuff to unlock. People love having a reason to keep playing beyond getting more kills and calling in Titans that die in five minutes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Exactly. It's just like Titanfall.

Remind me; How many years did Respawn have to make the game not drop into single digit framerates?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Lazyfire posted:

It's great to see these comments and then see people elsewhere on the internet claim Battlefield Bad Company 2 was the best game in the Battlefield franchise because there wasn't a ton of stuff to unlock. People love having a reason to keep playing beyond getting more kills and calling in Titans that die in five minutes.
It was weird that the guys who were responsible for COD having silly camos and weed emblems decided that unlockables just weren't that important this time around.

Meanwhile, many people who absolutely despise Ghosts are still playing and streaming it on a daily basis. It says a lot that kids refer to playing COD as "the grind," implying that they are doing it for reasons other than the enjoyment of playing a game

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
i miss my dysfunctional whiny internet COD Family.

let's all hate each other at the thanksgiving lobby simulator this year.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mister Macys posted:

Exactly. It's just like Titanfall.

Remind me; How many years did Respawn have to make the game not drop into single digit framerates?

You can't blame Respawn for the Xbone being a horrendous piece of poo poo.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

TF on Xbone doesn't drop into single-digit framerates.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

1stGear posted:

You can't blame Respawn for the Xbone being a horrendous piece of poo poo.

They took the (Portal 2) Source engine and broke it.

My Mac Mini with HD4000 can frigging run Portal 2.
An iPad can run Portal 2.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lazyfire posted:

People keep going "oh what you can't play a game for the sake of a game you need a little carrot to chase after, huh? :smug:" and I'm like no, you dunce, I need more than 5 minutes worth of loving gameplay for my sixty dollar investment. A campaign, a co-op mode, more than six goddamn players at a time, loving something besides oh hey another stryder oh hey dash core oh her it's dead WHEEEEEEEE SO MUCH FUN

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mill Village posted:

TF on Xbone doesn't drop into single-digit framerates.

Weird how the only posts I can find about it dropping into single-digits are from the XB1 version.

Mister Macys posted:

They took the (Portal 2) Source engine and broke it.

My Mac Mini with HD4000 can frigging run Portal 2.
An iPad can run Portal 2.

I bought the original F.E.A.R. in the Summer Sale and have been playing through it recently. Weirdly, despite have PC hardware that was only hypothetical at the time the game was made, I was experiencing severe framerate drops at something as simple as the menu screen. Some light Googling showed that it was a known problem. The solution? Unplugging and then plugging back in my Logitech mouse.

Its almost like the interaction between hardware and software is more complicated than raw horsepower.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Speaking of breaking engines, how'd Treyarch manage this feat?

MW2:

Black Ops 1:

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Are they running out of ideas yet?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

1stGear posted:

Weird how the only posts I can find about it dropping into single-digits are from the XB1 version.

That was based on a Giant Bomb review, and Digital Foundry proved that was not the case at all.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

MW2:

Black Ops 1:

I'd rather know how MW3 looked like this:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

MW2:

Black Ops 1:

Check your settings brah, you set BLOPS to 640 x 480.
Do you even know how to game on a PC? :smugbert:

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
MW4:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Just going to say that I never considered Goldeneye to be all that great.
And not just because of the controller.

I was quoting Wazz, not you Toast.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 8, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Never played Goldeneye. Also my post was from MW3.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man get the gently caress out of here if you didn't play Goldeneye. That game was awesome.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

You get a pass if you watched it over Twitch though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Just going to say that I never considered Goldeneye to be all that great.
And not just because of the controller.

I was quoting Wazz, not you Toast.

I was replying to ven.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

1stGear posted:

On last titan standing if every single titan is in a small enclosed room the frame rate will chug. Outside of that the game runs quite well on XB1.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

You get a pass if you watched it over Twitch though.

Beats paying $70 to watch the playerbase on the game drop below Ghosts' in one quarter of the time first hand.
Because there's not enough of, oh... everything (except maybe maps).

I mean, I like my Galil, but at least give me the option of four or five guns per category.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man get the gently caress out of here if you didn't play Goldeneye. That game was awesome.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Slappers Only

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

1stGear posted:

I bought the original F.E.A.R. in the Summer Sale and have been playing through it recently. Weirdly, despite have PC hardware that was only hypothetical at the time the game was made, I was experiencing severe framerate drops at something as simple as the menu screen. Some light Googling showed that it was a known problem. The solution? Unplugging and then plugging back in my Logitech mouse.

Its almost like the interaction between hardware and software is more complicated than raw horsepower.

Payday 2 on the PC creates a file in your app data folder that tells the game to keep it at a set resolution and framerate. If you turn V-Sync on (and you will because the screen tearing is intense) it will not lock updates to your monitor refresh rate, but instead set a random rear end number. I was getting a half second of display delay because the game was somehow locked to 24FPS. Game developers do really really weird poo poo.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Call of duty? More like call of doody.

I was talking to Robert Bowling

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Yay! Another year of winter Duty Calling with my CoD Bros! Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

bear is driving! posted:

Yay! Another year of winter Duty Calling with my CoD Bros! Yay!

YO..

DAS MAD DOO DOO SON.

• Locked thread