Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Picking this up later today, I take it the easiest way to play with goons is joining a clan or is there a list of PSN names somewhere? If you want to add me PSN: RadValtar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Christoff posted:

On that note how's the netcode?

Feels like Ghosts. Not bad, but not great, and no dropped games.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

Picking this up later today, I take it the easiest way to play with goons is joining a clan or is there a list of PSN names somewhere? If you want to add me PSN: RadValtar.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3581206

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I got a special version of the Atlus 20mm in a supply drop and it's insane. 4 rounds, no reloading between rounds one hit kill machine.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

What all guns can you wield akimbo? I just remembered that's a thing you can do.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Republicans posted:

What all guns can you wield akimbo? I just remembered that's a thing you can do.

Some crappy LMGs and that's it afaik.

What are the good game modes for xp grinding?

Pro-Noob-Tip: Put the support customization on the uav (costs 700 total but your deaths don't reset the counter - helps rake in points especially if you add the extra point assist module).

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

afkmacro posted:

Pro-Noob-Tip: Put the support customization on the uav (costs 700 total but your deaths don't reset the counter - helps rake in points especially if you add the extra point assist module).

you on PC, afkmacro? add me! "kidRiot" remember you from the BF days.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

afkmacro posted:

There's a SMG that is akimbo only also and they're pretty alright.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So this is unplayable on PC for me. I've got an i5-2300 and HD7850, but the stuttering means I can't play at all, even if I turn my resolution down and put graphics on minimum.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

pc master race wins again

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

So this is unplayable on PC for me. I've got an i5-2300 and HD7850, but the stuttering means I can't play at all, even if I turn my resolution down and put graphics on minimum.

I hope this helps:

:tipshat:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

anuj posted:

Half of one, it would seem.

You guys all seem pretty upset he's trying to make a less lovely steam group so people can actually play together :shrug:

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

try disabling sound/use headphones.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
if they get the lag comp fixed, zooming around with a shotgun could be really fun

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

kidRiot posted:

you on PC, afkmacro? add me! "kidRiot" remember you from the BF days.

Tried to look you up on steam, can't find ya buddy. :(

Add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/afkmacro

Also SP is pretty rad so far:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

sba posted:

if they get the lag comp fixed

lol

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Hey boys I got this on PS3 because of the cross-buy thing (I don't plan on getting a bone, do plan on getting a PS4). I assume not one person plays on PS3 and I'll be playing alone until I get a PS4.

PSN (PS3): CASTATOR

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Maybe get a PC that doesn't suck.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Target had a free 12 pack with purchase but they're $3 anyways. Also got a bag of Doritos. Don't judge me

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks like foregrip is really good in this game and you should use it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGVnJiZcn-0

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Game looks amazing on the pc.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
just got home from work.. whos shooting stuff

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
What's the general consensus for the best AR? I feel like the AK-12 is hit or miss for me, especially when I put a silencer and gently caress over the range. The BAL seems decent but doesn't have the accuracy that the AK-12 has.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Wazzit posted:

What's the general consensus for the best AR? I feel like the AK-12 is hit or miss for me, especially when I put a silencer and gently caress over the range. The BAL seems decent but doesn't have the accuracy that the AK-12 has.

AK-12 seems best in my hands at the moment. Of course, this is based on really small samples of usage across all the ARs. I don't love it, but I like it best so far.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

venutolo posted:

AK-12 seems best in my hands at the moment. Of course, this is based on really small samples of usage across all the ARs. I don't love it, but I like it best so far.

What attachments are you using? I did a lot better with it once I unlocked the stock.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I've spent the last three hours doing nothing but getting shotgun action hero kills. This game rules.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

venutolo posted:

The AK12 seems like the better naked gun (there's also an elite version that's way more accurate but disables any attachments at all) while the BAL is better once you put a foregrip on it.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
So I got some Fuel Boots and a Doritos shirt. No double XP. Moutain Dew is gross. But I also picked up a 6 of Yuengling Black and Tan :cool: Gonna stomp people with my Fuel Boots on PS4: Static_Rook

I apologize in advance for the lovely pack-in PS4 mic. No fancy Sony headphones for me yet.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Wazzit posted:

What attachments are you using? I did a lot better with it once I unlocked the stock.

I'm loving awful without Stock. Ever since MW3, I've always ran Stalker or Stock on every AR and LMG. So, Stock is something I must have. I've probably found Ex Mags the second most useful since I'm shooting at a lot of quickly moving targets and consequently missing a bunch, and because we've be playing Ground War. I typically run whatever thing allows you to have three attachments, and have switched between Suppressor, Quickdraw Handle, and Foregrip (or whatever those attachments are called in this game) for the third attachment.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Thumbtacks posted:

I've spent the last three hours doing nothing but getting shotgun action hero kills. This game rules.

The overall extra mobility I think makes shotguns better than they've ever been.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Republicans posted:

The overall extra mobility I think makes shotguns better than they've ever been.
Except that 2nd shotgun, it's hot loving garbage even at point-blank range.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Just a reminder for anyone reading this and debating whether to buy it--everyone likes every COD game for the first week or two, even Ghosts

BOYS is XBone, it isn't in the OP yet because most people who join at release quit the game within a week or two

I didn't like Ghosts from the minute I picked it up. Game was terrible.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Republicans posted:

I have no idea what triggers the bonus chests, but I got an extra mobility TAC-19 out of it so I'm happy. Not sure what the other variants are but unless I can get one that does even more damage, I'm fine with this one.

Might try to grind out Advanced Rifling, I'm not sure how much range it'll add but maybe it'll be enough to land me kills I don't necessarily deserve.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Mobility makes this game way more fun than previous CoDs. I found the Run and Gun pre-set loadout and went on a tear with it just jumping around like an rear end in a top hat.

PSN: Pleads32 on PS4 if anyone is partied up.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Is there a gallery of outfit unlocks anywhere? I know people have hacked poo poo to get all the camos already (there's no goddamn way people have Royal camo legitimately already) so I assume someone's found all the outfits.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm going to log in and AFK until someone invites me, maybe play some binding of isaac on the side. Hit me up, broners

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

people get worked up about CoD because it's incredibly fun to squad up and play with friends.

I understand why PC gamers may not understand this but trust us when we say that it is fun
I meant the people who complain about it, I agree it's fun as hell.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Wazzit posted:

The IMR can be pretty brutal too, if you like semi-auto assault rifles. Its a 4 round burst, and reminds me of the FAMAS from MW2. I use it with a suppressor, foregrip and the sight that makes the enemies go all red.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ironsolid posted:

I didn't like Ghosts from the minute I picked it up. Game was terrible.

Same. Ghosts was garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Alright, so my issue is definitely not an issue with my hardware, because multiplayer works flawlessly, it's just singleplayer that's broke as gently caress.

Dubstepshotgun and laserrifle own.

• Locked thread