Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

sba posted:

I mean whats the point of even buying this game now?

No poo poo, I knew when c4 caught on with pubbies it would be a problem but this? The only thing that comes close to the fun of action c4ing in this series is hearing "losing B" and double tapping for a triple kill.

kenny powerzzz fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Wazzit posted:

No tac inserts was confirmed right? They were nice to have in tough Dom games.

Between the no c4 and no tacs I don't know how to try and hold the b flag shot of diving on top of my last corpse over and over.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

A Dire Weresloth posted:

Here's some poo poo about the Momentum game mode, which is supposed to be War from WaW.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/09/15/ign-first-reveals-advanced-warfares-momentum-mp-game-mode/

Very few explosive kills on the flags

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
I was in and out of boys(!) a few times and travel during the summer but will be back in action on the bone for this. Please add me back and thanks in advance Spoony.
Gt- kenny powerzzz

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Mill Village posted:

I would like to run the PS4 clan for this game, but I'm not sure how to even create it. The COD Community site has this article about when the new app comes out and how to transfer an existing clan over, but it doesn't say how to create one from scratch. The AW clan app is not out until November 3rd. Do I need to wait until then?

Spreadsheet.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

The Merry Marauder posted:

There's video of it. It's exactly the AC-130. Or, as Zombie Boat shamefully punned, the Spacey-130.

Day zero purchase if true.

(I'm too lovely to get high kill streaks though)

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

limited posted:

Personally I'm waiting for a HD re-release of the previous CoD's when Activision see how much cash the Halo collection is going to make. :colbert:
I'd buy Cod4, World at war, Mw2, black ops and black ops 2 at full retail today for the bone if they were out.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Well I dumped in $100 for the digital Xbone version with the season pass. I regret it already. But if there's a list of boners I'd like to be on it. And if I could be back in boys until I abandon cod again that would be cool too. Day zero!

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

COD campaigns own for a single playthrough when MP is eventually down. Don't try to dissect it you just have to go into full FEELS mode.
Ftfy

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Don Lapre posted:

I remember one of the cods mixed the dlc maps with the stock maps so if you didn't own the dlc you just got booted whenever a dlc map popped up. Good times.

World at war.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
I'm on the Xbone if some one wants to party.
Gt Kenny powerzzz

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
(Tit)anfall.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Mine's open. A guy heard me earlier, for sure, cause he responded when I said something about supply drops.

I could hear you earlier but obviously you couldn't hear me. Who knows.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Feenix posted:

Interesting. I knew this game had a really fast TTK, but yes, now looking at some kill cams I see longer bursts from my enemies, whereas what I experienced in gameplay felt like a quickfire snipe.

Could be latency but killcams aren't the best for showing this kind of thing. The only info I try and get from kill cams is what corner the prick was hiding in or what goofy line of sight I got quick scoped in.
Edit ^^ wait, bullets have travel time?^^

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Overbite posted:

Wow I was gonna upload a video of me being good with the shield but 1. I had a mediocre match that I did just OK in and 2. The ps4 uploads to Youtube at 360p, making the Upload to Youtube feature worthless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDyr0lYvV10

Totally watchable!

edit: Now it goes to 720p. Welp now I'm bad AND dumb.

Cool, shield damage goes away now? Took them long enough. I'll actually use them again. Not being able to see out of them bothered me.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
[quote=]"Rei_" post="K/D-scrimping nimrods.
[/quote]

Heh, I like that.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Jet pack froze my poo poo. I'm on for a bit if anyone needs an extra xboner.
Gt kenny Powerzzz

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Wazzit posted:

Also bring back stopping power, that balances stealth perks.

I've been preaching this since they removed it. Make that cold blooded as strong as you want, just make stopping power a thing you have to give up to get it. They've made the perks so specialized and then gave us the option to have so many at once that it watered the whole thing down. And maybe that's exactly what they wanted.
What I'd really like to see is a cod with three set kill streaks with a few options for each, like 3 kills is a Uav or counter Uav, 5 kills is a pred missile or a bombing run and 7 (or 9) kills is a chopper or dogs or whatever. Three tiers of perks that are all strong but you're giving something up when you choose one. Pistols and shotguns that are viable were fun also. Don't make the fun stuff gimped all to hell, just make it so using it comes with a counter to it that is just as strong.
It just felt like to me :corsair: the more complicated it's gotten the less I've enjoyed it. I can't wait until they release the cod4 through blops2 for the new consoles. Blops2 was pretty good even though theatre mode ruined the connections.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Quabzor posted:

Is this actually a possible thing?

I thought it was but after checking again it was an image someone made about releasing the modern warfare series on the new consoles and it was fake.
But I can't see it not happening at some point.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Like that but with a little FarmVille thrown in.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Hell no, that was the best part. 420 tube bunker on Afghan errday.

gently caress yes! (Really though they'd have to fix it:rolleyes:)

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Wazzit posted:

Removing stopping power is the reason why people complain about stealth perks being OP. The only thing you need to do to MW2 is nerf One Man Army and make Danger Close only affect killstreaks.

Also it would take 50 manure dump trucks for MW2 to roll around in to be anywhere close to resembling Black Ops.

This. As hosed up as MW2 was even through all the glitches (care package knifing being the most fun and infinite care packages being the worst) it was the most fun game for me. And based on the SA Call Of Duty threads I'd say a lot of goons would agree. Some days you couldn't read the thread and play the game, the thread was that active. There were 5 or 6 crews that played every night that I knew of and I didn't even post here until then. Some crews had been together since MW1. It sucks to see those guys (like Promoted Pawn and even SA Rei) drop but I can't blame them. And this version of Duty which should be thriving as its on a newer more powerful console gets what, 15 posts or less a day here?

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Quabzor posted:

Was there a good semi-auto past the FAL. Or Mk14?
I don't think I remember any good ones, pistol or rifle.

The semi auto pistols in Blops 2 were great.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Gordon Shumway posted:

Yeah, I'm all set with the exo suits at this point. I'll get Black Ops 3 either way, because Treyarch usually makes a good COD game, but if all exo suits all the time is the way Call of Duty is going, I think I may be done with the franchise after that.

Same. Reminds of Halo too much. To me it feels more like a Halo game than a Cod. Except the time to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

beaner69 posted:

Deus ex is poo poo but hopefully none of that will get into multiplayer.

Agreed. It looks fantastic and the almost any of that could be in a major block buster movie, I just hope it stays in the campaign where I'll enjoy it. I loved Blops 2, and a rebuild of that on the new consoles with a few tweaks would be great. Especially C-4 to toss, strong sidearms, and no exosuits. I enjoyed a cod where the assault rifles where not the king in most situations but if they were to bump them up a little (in comparison to blops2) or reduce range on the sub machine guns I think it would let more people play the game the way they choose.

• Locked thread