Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I told myself I wasn't going to bother this year, that I wasn't interested.

I caved this morning. I've only played one online game so far but holy hell it was fun. Whoever said it reminded them of Black Ops 2 was right, at least, that's what it reminds me of too.

drat you Call of Duty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I like how the guy shouts ELITE in a deadly serious way when I've randomly won a shiny new pair of trousers. Oh, and the shotgun that goes BWWAAARP when you fire it.

I haven't powerstomped anyone to death yet. Must try harder.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I was just trying out that first shotgun you unlock, the automatic one, and man is it terrible. The magazine is way too small for it to be a hilarious death machine and even point blank emptying the thing won't always kill a dude.

Anyway, can I get an invite to whatever PS4 clan is going? PSN is FrontlineKhan, thanks!

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

GET MY BELT SON posted:

killed the entire enemy team with a care package trap

I still want to drop a care package on some chump for big laughs.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I got a special version of the Atlus 20mm in a supply drop and it's insane. 4 rounds, no reloading between rounds one hit kill machine.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Wazzit posted:

What's the general consensus for the best AR? I feel like the AK-12 is hit or miss for me, especially when I put a silencer and gently caress over the range. The BAL seems decent but doesn't have the accuracy that the AK-12 has.

The IMR can be pretty brutal too, if you like semi-auto assault rifles. Its a 4 round burst, and reminds me of the FAMAS from MW2. I use it with a suppressor, foregrip and the sight that makes the enemies go all red.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

de_dust posted:

Do the guns you find eventually expire too?

The ones that come in supply drops? As far as I know, no. All the ones I've got so far have been mine to keep. Well keep or destroy for XP, but you know what I mean.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I was in a lobby yesterday and someone had forgotten their mic was on, so we could all hear him giving out his mobile number to someone on the phone. Silly boy, I do hope nobody took advantage of his carelessness.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

dashKADE posted:

Are the random weapons you get permanent? I've got a few and I'm afraid to use them.

Yep, I've had several and all seem permanent so far.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

ReformedNiceGuy posted:

Late to the conversation but I've been using it when breaking off from a fight. Round a corner, cloak and go prone. Most dudes will run right past you letting you heal up and get the drop on the them.

I agree that it's garbage if you're moving though.

The exo power that mutes your footsteps though is brilliant for creeping up on people, especially with the perk that makes it last longer.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's the verdict on the single player?

Pretty fun as CoD single player goes, even if it does drag on a bit. First third is interesting then it's another "boo-hoo someone's being mean to MURICA" story, so your tolerance of that will obviously temper your enjoyment.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Smelly posted:

Now if I could only get scorestreaks reliably. I tend to get buzzkilled all the damned time..

You know you can keep the points towards scorestreaks carry over when you die, yes? It makes them more expensive, but still.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I suck so I exclusively play Domination so at least dying doesn't hurt the team.

Me too! I tend to get irrationally annoyed, though, when something that I've just captured gets immediately lost by stupid pubbies.

Is there a way to edit your loadout/emblem/etc in a web browser, rather than having to be at the PS4 or app?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Captain Matchbox posted:

Are the 3 shotguns really poo poo in this game? Seems like their range is really low in this iteration

The first one goes BWWWWAAAUUUMM and is excellent. The second one is abysmal. The third one is probably alright, but it's not the first one.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Bwhahaha. Nothing amuses me quite as much as the campaign hyping up the new abilities - only for the majority of the levels to strip them away. I just started the Thailand level and literally 3/4 of the levels have had double jump disabled.

Oh, Call of Duty, never change.

Yeah, I went through the campaign and used the time slowing down power, the shield and whatever else isn't the double jump all of about once. Lett me double jump and slide round corners, campaign, or get out.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Please, the IMR is clearly the best Assault Rifle. Four round burst, excellent damage and it prints its own ammo (albeit very slowly). I got a neat blue and yellow version in a supply drop and it wrecks fools.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Funkmaster General posted:

This 1000x. The blue and yellow one is an unlock for getting 300 kills, btw, unless you got that variant early through a drop. That version increases the firing rate such that you can fire bursts almost as fast as you can pull the trigger, which is insane. Slap a foregrip and exmags on it and dayum.

Even the base level version kills in one burst at short to medium range, two at long range, and one at long with a headshot.

Yeah it's a proper beast. Turns out there's at least two blue and yellow versions, the one I had from a supply drop hate a normal rate of fire, but a permanent silencer. I prefer the higher rate of fire one now I've unlocked it.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Slightly related, but am I imagining it or did MW2 have a mode where there were no killstreaks? Called like Barebones or something. Not saying I want it back or anything, I'm just not sure if I'm making it up or not.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

The Machinima Man posted:

AK12 with a foregrip has a much tighter spread, akin to the LSAT with foregrip from Ghosts. IMR, meanwhile, is a straight, vertical line. The choice comes down to making sure every bullet gets there versus every bullet dealing more damage and some of them missing.

Source: I have the strategy guide and it has every graph in it.

I can well believe it, I have the gold camo for the AK after all. It really just comes down to whatever you feel most comfortable with I think. I just click with the IMR.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Zsinjeh posted:

I've always loved the SP in CoD because it's like being in a crazy b-movie action movie, but this time in the obvious plot twist I really don't want to go with it. Like, I was hoping the campaign would be you helping Irons even though you know he's evil because that'd be rad as hell. I don't want to fight with Irons, I loved him in House of Cards :mad:

Yeah, I really wanted to side with him and be evil corporation ultimate badass soldier guy.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Don't take any explosive exo grenades, just take the crossbow for maximum fun and pubbie confusion.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What happened to Joker in the campaign?

He realised that with hair like that he should have been in a Final Fantasy game and killed himself.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

^^^ Fair enough, I don't play FFA because I'm not gutter trash. (I play FFA all I time I just run knifey, broken builds so sound don't matta).

DId you ever really run without it? I will post screenshots when I get home to illustrate what I mean. THe biggest question in regards to teh wubstep is, does it work based on a pellet like system? Or is its accuracy a misinterpreation of it just really being a single wide projectile?

I'm pretty sure worrying about nerd stuff like that is the antithesis of the wubstep.

As is using 'antithesis', granted.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

I cannot escape my own sperg, I am past the sperg-event-horizon.

Sorry if it sounded critical and not tongue in cheek, I actually really enjoy your analysis spergness.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
And you do it using the massively impractical shoulder-mounted Atlas sniper rifle.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Zapper posted:

The local Microsoft store will give me $100 bux for one of my old Xboxes and $10 for each controller and $ for eAch old game. So basically I would pay about 200 for an Xbox one, yet I can't bring myself to do this? What good games are there with a decent online community? Maybe I should get a wii u..

I'm on my iPhone so I can't post my speedtest results.

I don't have a One, I'm a PS4-er, so this is just general advice but there's Advanced Warfare, which is great and loads of fun, there's Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline in a week or so, both of which will be well populated, I believe Far Cry 4 has online co-op, that's another recent fun game and then of course there's GTA Online, which just (finally) got it's Heist update today, consequently the servers are melting because there's still a large online presence.

I say go for it.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I like the way it makes it look like we should be getting mad at bikes at the start.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Wazzit posted:

I thought Black Ops 2 had the worst SP campaign until I played Ghosts.

Also I'm super excited to play this game for 2 weeks and drop off because of connection issues, lag compensation, boring killstreaks, head glitching, etc. Love me some Call of Duty. :shepicide:

Oh no, next year will be Ghosts 2 won't it?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Roman posted:

It will be interesting because the lead designer and lead narrative designer of Uncharted along with the Modern Warfare 2 design lead (he left Respawn) are now working at Infinity Ward.

Hmmm ok, that does have potential to be interesting.

Anyway, we've got the inevitably ludicrous weapons of Blops3 to look forward to yet. I would like to see them top the dubstep shotgun.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Gordon Shumway posted:

But that teaser thing did make me want another Deus Ex game really bad.

Good news my friend!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2907181/deus-ex-mankind-divided-announced-heres-the-explosive-first-trailer.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Nighthand posted:

As with every CoD, I only want two things: a good shotgun and a good LMG. Everything else can I can take or leave.

If the good shotgun doesn't go BWWAARRRRRPP I will be v disappointed.

• Locked thread