Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Lazyfire posted:

Worth mentioning: the title makes this game sound like it is a Nintendo game exclusive to the Gameboy Advance in 2002. Or maybe an add on to a lovely collectible card game called Warfare.

You're probably thinking of Advance Wars, a Gameboy Advance game released in 2001.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Javes
May 6, 2012

An unnamed developer is making the last-gen version of the game.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/03/shgames-developing-the-next-gen-another-studio-developing-360ps3-versions/

Javes
May 6, 2012

Video interview with Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield. Mostly singleplayer related stuff.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/07/what-makes-advanced-warfare-different-video-interview-with-gameinformer/

Javes
May 6, 2012

Video interview with Sledgehammer's audio director. Also included are some weapon sounds from the game. I have to admit the shotgun sounds great.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/05/21/the-secrets-behind-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-39-s-audio.aspx

Javes
May 6, 2012

I imagine that has to be quite hard to implement in terms of overall game balance. You can run scavenger or use a gun that has it already equipped.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Titanfall is a good game, a little light on content but the core gameplay loop is really fun.

Javes
May 6, 2012

1stGear posted:

Weird how the only posts I can find about it dropping into single-digits are from the XB1 version.

On last titan standing if every single titan is in a small enclosed room the frame rate will chug. Outside of that the game runs quite well on XB1.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Glen Schofield's 2nd favorite game of the past generation is Assassin's Creed 3 :stonk:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...PostPageIndex=7

Javes
May 6, 2012

I don't think Sledgehammer is going to mess up implementing a cloaking system in MP. They've been talking a lot about supporting the competitive scene and an OP cloaking ability would go against that sentiment.

Javes
May 6, 2012

New campaign trailer with :siren:MULTIPLAYER TEASER AT 2:43!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUysNWHffWg

MP reveal is on 8/11.

Javes fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 29, 2014

Javes
May 6, 2012

Some other things that people have gleaned so far:

Scorestreaks are back and a re-imagined Pipeline from CoD4 will be a bonus map.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Have you played Ghosts? The maps are huge in that game.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Digital Pro seems to be the way to go. Also, it sounds like they're bringing in a BF4 battlepack equivalent with the supply drops.

Javes
May 6, 2012

So there's a rumor going around that during Gamescom they'll announce a beta as a pre-order bonus. Not sure I believe it.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Here's some more rumors about actual content in the game. Some Brazillian youtuber apparently has lekaed info. Found this on the Advanced Warfare subreddit. Guess we will know if it's true on Monday.

-Create-a-Class from BO2 is back, but is now Pick-13 instead of Pick-10. Scorestreaks are now in as well, and each killstreak uses up a point like other items.
-Scorestreaks have an upgrade system, each with a total of 5 to choose from, and a maximum of 3 upgrades to be done at once. It will cost more to get as it is upgraded.
-UAV will be back to being a plane
-Orbital VSAT is back (with a different name)
-Care Package is back as a Scorestreak.
-There will be a "titan"-like scorestreak to be controlled.
-There will only be one grenade slot (be it tactical or Lethal)."Confirmed" nades up to now are Threat Grenade (scans enemy through walls), Flash Grenade, EMP, and a random one which selects one of the three. There will also be Semtex and Frag Grenade.
-Cycle Grenade (as seen in E3 Single Player) will not be in Multiplayer mode, and the lethal grenade that scans, targets and explodes will also not be present.
-The other nade spot "became" exo-suit abilities. With it one can choose a new specific ability, such as to become invisible, or to improve an existent one.
-Dash and Double-jump, exo suit abilities, are available to ALL players, despite of their perks.
-The minimap will differentiate players in different levels and which way are they shooting at.
-9x9 is now the standard mode in Next Gen playlists (at least). Old Gen is unsure.
-Double-jump does not have a "limit". Dash is also unlimited but one has to wait a few seconds in between Dashes.
-On the ground one can dash sideways and backwards. Trying to dash forward will make the character run. In the air one can dash forward as well as in the other directions.
-There is no wall-climbing as seen in the first trailer.
-EMP grenade will deactivate Exo-skeleton suit abilities, like dashing, double-jumping and other abilities.
-Any exo-suit abilities or movement, such as dashing or jumping will make you visible on the minimap, and there are perks/upgrades that might silence them, like a silencer on a weapon (This would be one of the upgrades that would be used in place of a second grenade).
-Exo-suit customization is back just like Ghost's style, but is more intense. One can personalize more, even individual clothing.
-Many maps will be dynamic, such as the tsunami map. That Tsunami does not affect a great part of the map. Another map has an exploding volcano that affects some parts of the map. The dynamism is slight and minimap, nothing like "Levolution" from Battlefield.
-There will be a "Classic" mode that does not have exo-suit abilities, like dashing and double-jumping. That is, good-old COD.
-The game "feeling" feels a lot like BO2

Javes
May 6, 2012

Yeah it all sounds great, the only thing I'm concerned about is the 'Classic' playlist. Why have something to fragment the playerbase even more so?

Javes
May 6, 2012

Look at all the empty seats! It turns out no one actually wants to see the game!

Also, look at these tier 1 operators.

Javes fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 11, 2014

Javes
May 6, 2012

Why did they have to bring danger close back? Anyway, game looks good.

Javes
May 6, 2012

So running 0 scorestreaks will allow you to have a super soldier with a ton of perks?

Javes
May 6, 2012

So is it still 6v6 with ground war? Or is the rumor of 9v9 being the standard true?

Javes
May 6, 2012

Yeah looks like CharlieIntel has some gameplay footage. Man, the TTK seems way too fast.

Javes fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 11, 2014

Javes
May 6, 2012

I know it's that point in the CoD cycle but I really like what I've seen. The maps we've seen look good to me and that was one of my major problems with Ghosts. I'm really impressed with the audio as well, maybe CoD can finally rival Battlefield in the audio department.

Javes
May 6, 2012

If the TTK does indeed turn out to be on the faster side I think I'll be fine with it due to all the new movement options.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Shnakepup posted:

Screengrab showing some weapon attachments. All the random varieties of sights you would expect, but also a "parabolic microphone" (whatever the gently caress that is)and the description for Dual Magazine implies that you lose whatever bullets were left in a magazine when you reload.

The parabolic microphone allows you to see suppressed weapons on the minimap. The tier 2 set of perks don't seem very well balanced against the other two tiers. Using a wildcard to get lightweight/flak jacket or toughness/hardline seems to be better than running any of the tier 2 perks.

Javes
May 6, 2012

I'm assuming they haven't revealed all of the scorestreaks yet as there aren't a whole lot of them compared to previous games. Although I imagine customizable streaks will increase the variety.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Here's some videos of pros playing the game.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=esl+advanced+warfare+pro+bootcamp&filters=today&lclk=today

Javes
May 6, 2012

Yep, people get too hung up on whether it's a "new engine." Although Activision sure does love to market each new game with those words.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Bots are in the game. Not sure why some people enjoy playing against bots.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/18/advanced-warfare-will-feature-bots-in-a-mode-called-combat-readiness-program/

Javes
May 6, 2012

If only IrishTaxiDriver still posted here maybe we could get some hot scoops!

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/20/raven-software-assisting-shgames-in-development-of-advanced-warfare/

Javes
May 6, 2012

Piracy is insane in China so everything needs to be F2P.

Javes
May 6, 2012

If I'm not mistaken the supply drop guns with built-in attachments still take up a pick 13 slot so there's no advantage to using them other than the stat difference between the base gun.

Javes
May 6, 2012

It might be hearsay but I remember reading about someone claiming to be a SH employee who posted a bunch of stuff to 4chan or something about the game prior to the reveal. Among other things, he mentioned that the studio was still hashing out what they were going to do for the coop mode as of pretty recently. So if that's the case it's not too surprising that the mode seems uninspired.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Where's that spreadsheet for the goon console of choice for AW?

Javes
May 6, 2012

Wasn't it around this time last year that IW was claiming quickscoping wasn't in the game and there would be dedicated servers as well?

Javes
May 6, 2012

Wazzit posted:

I just want an AC-130 or some future equivalent in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g4SOrvOHvQ

Is it too much to ask for?

Don't know if it will be as cool as the AC-10, but there's a gunship streak called the Paladin in the game.

Javes
May 6, 2012

I'll be on the Xbone as well.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Hordes of tremendous nerds are currently dissecting this image.

Javes
May 6, 2012

I don't know about Canada, but in the U.S. both consoles are $400.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

The 30 killstreak reward is called the DNA BOMB

• Locked thread