Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
gently caress it, If I'm gonna go this, I'm gonna do it properly! Pre-ordered the day one poopsock edition for Xbone and a Xim4 :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Have any fellow Xbox XIM4 faggots managed to get around the annoying buzz you get through your headset whenever you plug your controller in via USB? I've tried a different controller, headset adapter, batteries instead of charge pack, running through a powered USB hub... nothing solves it :(

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Rank 7 already, catch up people :D

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Well umm... I think they need to lower the TTK a bit. Literally every gun is an insta kill :stare:

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Also assassin is available straight away, and everybody is using it.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
It feels like Blops 2 on speed

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
loving halftime in domination :mad: Games feel like they last about 2 minutes as well

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Pubbies still ignore flags in domination. Unless they are on the enemy team, then they try.

Just had someone on the other team go 48-6 on a 1 bar ping. Died every single team to what felt like a single bullet every time I came across him :sigh:

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Will be on to poopsock in about 30 minutes.

Zombie Boat posted:

See you in three hours

Where are you scrubs, I ain't playing this poo poo by myself all night :colbert:

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Welp P2P is garbage as usual at release. 1-2 bar games everywhere, dying in a loving nanosecond to everyone sitting in corners with silenced ARs and whatever the Assassin equivalent is.

Back to Destiny and Mordor, will try again later if they patch it.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Hi and welcome to a Call of Duty game.
Yes I have never played Call of Duty before and have nothing to compare it to, this is totally new to me :rolleyes:

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

dilligaf

'drat camping scrubs with silenced weapons' pops up every single time someone starts a new cod and I would have thought adapt players would know how to handle problems like that by now. sorry mr. uk moab if I upset you.
Me? Upset at a Call of Duty game? :laugh:

Please tell us how you adapt to handle people sitting in dark corners/windows staring at flags 90% hidden from sight on graphically busy maps where it's pretty hard to make out people at the best of times, using guns that can kill you before you can blink never mind get in to cover/return fire?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Goodchild posted:

After another day of playing, every single MP game continues to have red bars for 90% of the players in it. Is nobody else experiencing this on the Xbone? I'm shocked I haven't read more about it.
Played a handful of games with US goons last night, every game I (and most people) seemed to flip randomly between 1 and 4 bars. Gave up after several instances of putting entire magazines into people at close range with no result, then dying in what felt like 2-3 bullets from people across the map.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Typical experiences playing from UK with US group...

Every previous CoD: 2-3 bars depending on East/West coast makeup/location of party leader - 3 bars not too bad, 2 bars pretty hit-and miss. Never ever had a 4-bar connection with US goons. Sometimes 1 bar when we get chucked into a Brazilian/Japanese hosted game.

Advanced Warfare: Randomly 1 bar or 4 bar from game to game (sometimes flipping between them mid-game). Lag seemingly has no correlation to ping report, can happily kill people when it's showing 1 bar, other times targets are warping across the map/bullets not registering when showing 4 bars.

Clearer?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Mill Village posted:

Turns out this game has the same "hybrid" listen servers/dedicated servers system that Ghosts has. :negative:
http://charlieintel.com/2014/11/07/shgames-says-advanced-warfare-runs-dedicated-listen-servers-details-upcoming-fixes/

:lol:

I mean it's only 2014, after several iterations of the franchise and hundreds of millions of dollars poured into their development, having bullets actually kill people when you shoot at them is just too much to ask.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

GET MY BELT SON posted:

haha advanced warfare broke saggys bone

Sound started working again after unplugging everything and leaving it for a minute :psyduck:

Game then broke my spirit however, with every single person using silencers & low profile lying in corners. Game cant decide if I'm on 4 bars or 1 bar not that it seems to matter since whatever it says the connection is loving garbage which really helps on a spazzy twitch shooter that lets you die in the blink of an eye.

Fool on me for buying digital, can't even trade it in. Ah well at least I can try again a couple of months down the line, assuming they even attempt to patch it into a playable state.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
That this thread is ten times more entertaining than the game it is about sums it all up I think.

Ghosts was more fun than Advanced Warfare :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

GET MY BELT SON posted:

if you are playing this on the 360 you need to go and buy a bone re-evaluate your life immediately
Done with it. Gave it another go while Destiny is offline for maintenance, and it is just a horrific un-fun piece of poo poo.

Uninstalled and unpinned to save me even being tempted to load it up, if I can't trade it in I can at least pretend it doesn't exist.

See you next November for the next fun installment!

• Locked thread