Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
If you throw money at GameStop right now, you get a code on your receipt for this!* and **

* Available in-game May 13, 2014
** "NOTE: This Personalization Pack is only available in Call of Duty®: Ghosts for Xbox One®, Xbox 360®, PS4®, and PS3® and in Call of Duty®: Black Ops II for Xbox 360® and PS3®."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Jake Blues posted:

What was the last FPS you recall playing that included a gun that fired lasers? C&C Renegade?(2002) Star Wars Dark Forces?(1995)

I can't honestly think of any others that you could fire lasers, and those two examples were produced by companies that released a yearly title in a series. I can think of at least four games now, that I've had this hope and it's unfortunate that neither a Battlefield or Call of Duty team in this day & age can't put this kind of variety into their games. Even Borderlands doesn't have lasers, and they're at least giving the player use of four held weapons.

v:shobon:v I will of course be tricked into buying this game just like all of the others.

Fallout 3 had some laser-shooting guns.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

jerman999 posted:

I skipped Ghosts, are people still playing on 360 or has everyone migrated to xbox one?

I would say, based on what I've seen, that 360 still has a huuuuuge community (passing 100k players on the weekends) that far outnumbers xbone.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Fibby Boy posted:

Note that none of these players are goons.

True. And I don't know if I could see goons on the xbone in BOYS from the 360, but Frack and I are the only two who are ever online when we play.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1wAokoQ4-k

Pre-order now to get brass armour and a weapon with infinite* ammo that never has to be reloaded!

A gold-esque armor skin on launch day? They're really pushing for people to just commit to buying.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Spoon Man posted:

RE: BOYS

I'm only doing this once. Most people will just want to scroll past this reply.

The BOYS clan has been migrated over to an Xbox Live A&W clan already.

Managing A&W clans in any way beyond the migration is not yet implemented. There is nothing I can do right now to change a thing. The usernames in the roster list appear to be the Elite usernames you provided years ago, so hopefully everyone knows the username they registered with.

This is the roster that appears on the migration page that only I can access:

(bunch of names)

90% of you can ignore the above list.

IAmFrick (me) and IAmFrack (my wife, profile here) will both be playing a stupid level of AW when it comes out. We both have preordered the $120 edition for 360.

Just in case you look at the list of inactives and see neither of us logging in for the past 4-5 months... we've been really busy not playing XBOX. But that'll change when we have something other than a game we hate to play.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Ah, yes, the classic [FOR THE WELL GOD] phrase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO9lrmbZtdA

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I don't know what any of you are talking about with regards to pinball and log cabins and American politics. It must have something to do with this game; can somebody put a thorough explanation in the OP?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Today I had the honor of asking to have two of my unpaid furlough days for quarter four put on Nov. 3 and 4 "because there's a video game coming out and I'd like a couple days to binge on it and get it out of my system"... was told I can't take Nov. 4 because it's election day (I work for a daily newspaper) so I elected to go Nov. 3 and Nov. 5.

About 10 minutes later, a woman came to my desk and asked me what game I was getting. I said "the new Call of Duty" and she walked away. When I responded to her turning away by saying, "yeah, I know," she turned back at me and said, "I was hoping you would've said the Master Chief Collection."

Not sure how I should take this. Think I should inform her that I'm married, or explore the depths of her judgment by continually talking about lovely game franchises around her?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Looks like some of the other camos are easier, i.e. gold: 50 kills without attachments (apparently seen in a stream today).

Diamond is for unlocking all the skins on that gun (just like you had to do for Gold in BO2), and Royalty is for unlocking all of the diamond skins in a weapon class (just like Diamond from BO2).

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Lolcano Eruption posted:

What's the best/guaranteed way of getting a full set of Mountain Dew/Doritos armor?

http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/wiki/dewritos

The hardest item on the list is buying the game at Wal-Mart with a 24-pack of Dew on the same receipt, which gets you the exo. The rest is pretty easy; you basically have to go shopping.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
As somebody with 14 codes entered, contents for all of them consumed, 5 out of the 10 armor pieces unlocked, and more than an hour each of double XP and double supply drop time...

I want to die. BUT I MUST GET 12 HOURS OF EACH.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

versus posted:

Has someone come up with the most cost-effective way to get everything yet?

A bunch of people on reddit have admitted to running around big box stores and writing down the codes on the back of 11 ounce Doritos bags (45 minutes a pop).

Not paying at all is pretty efficient. You'd think Doritos would stop putting the codes on the backs of the bags.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ :argh:

Mill Village posted:

Multiplayer stream vs bots: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/threatatl-s-ps4-live-show

He's playing KC. Confirming kills only gives 50 points instead of 100. :negative:

User banned. That lasted awhile.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 28, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
IAmFrack and I both got Atlas Elite for 360, if it matters.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Oh.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Ending EXO Survival cutscene that unlocks EXO Zombies, reportedly...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_JF9KDU8gH8eTZORUpoNWFyYWc/view?usp=sharing

objectively bad posted:

Is there a spreadsheet going on so I can see which goons I'll be stuck playing this with if I get it on 360.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLdVGptjaiJNQLnePo6bDPCgbLa9lJhn6Vsp6IOmjW0/edit

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 30, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
So, can somebody tell me how many players there are on Ghosts on the XBOX One right now? Reporting 27,486 on the 360 and I want to see the difference between last gen and next gen.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Evil Canadian posted:

Man I haven't played cod since BO1, I look at this game and it actually looks pretty cool for the first time in a long time...

Is this just marketing lying to me or what :smith:

Nope, this game is going to redefine sliced bread.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

bear is driving! posted:

All of the gameplay, menus, and general vibes I'm getting from this are REALLY reminding me of MW2. I'm getting kind of excited guys, someone help me :hawaaaafap:

Not only that, but I was watching a stream last night and saw not only a Predator Missile, but an air strike that you both target and pick the direction of - exactly like a harrier strike.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2kw0o6/for_those_of_you_who_are_going_on_a_marathon/

legit_muffins posted:

We know that Monster, Mt. Dew and all that stuff gives you energy, but only for a bit then we just go and get more. What I have found works best for me is to start off with either and energy drink/coffee then keep a big rear end thing of water next to me. The more water you drink, the better and more alert you will feel. Try to stay away from junk food if you can help it, go for some healthy snacks/fruit. Lastly, aim about every hour or so to knock out some pushups/situps in between matches, it only takes a few seconds and you will be doing great things for your body AND ranking up fast. Just my two cents, but thought I could share them. Any other tips people may have feel free to add them!

KronicZG posted:

Redbull and adderall should keep me going for the following 24 hours.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
So IAmFrack held a knife to my throat and told me to ask you guys if we'll be in BOYS when we start playing tonight at midnight on the 360.

Is there anything super special that has to be done to be in the clan, or is it automatic?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

versus posted:

Several of us use XIMs, and I think everyone would vouch for them. ~3.1 kd in ghosts~

I'm on the XIM Edge on the 360. It's brutal how free my movement in the game is.

I'm expecting it to be an overpowering advantage with the EXO movements in AW.

NICE, my wife and I are still among the only three playing on the 360. That is of course assuming Wizard Master is not just a tard and is actually getting this for all five platforms. Otherwise, we might be THE ONLY TWO!

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Reddit thread on prestiging

Prestiges apparently reset your challenge progress, but you keep the rewards of challenges you complete (i.e. those lovely, lovely weapon attachments and that gold camo from 50 attachment-less kills).

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

How many levels until prestige ?

50 levels per prestige, 15 prestiges total.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Zombie Boat posted:

Can someone tell me if I should get this on p.c?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Spoz posted:

So what does the best weapons seem to be so far? The BAL and AK both seem super solid, but the 3 round faux burst and slowing ROF one seems kinda bad.

I saw someone on Reddit call for the IMR (four-round-burst assault rifle, prints its own ammo) to be banned from league-play so, having never used it before, I foolishly burned my first prestige token on it and unlocked it with prestige 1.

My first match, I killed 51 people and got to level 9, and also unlocked the gold skin (since I didn't have any attachments).

It was pretty good.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

IdealFlaws posted:

Is anyone having trouble connecting to the advanced warfare servers on xbox live? I keep getting an error message saying "service is unavailable at the moment". It's weird because I can titanfall just fine and activision's website says the servers are at defcon 5 (online)

I've been playing all day, apart from a couple hours in the afternoon, and I haven't had any issues at all. Granted, I'm on 360 (so if you're on Bone then there may be something there), but worth mentioning at least.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Just a reminder for anyone reading this and debating whether to buy it--everyone likes every COD game for the first week or two, even Ghosts

Yeah, but THIS TIME IT'S DIFFERENT.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Mnoba posted:

I didn't realize uav's stacked to where you could see them thru walls was wondering how that was happening.

I don't think that's the case. One of the modifiers you can put on a UAV is threat detection, which paints them for about 1 second for every swipe of the UAV.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

You know, the campaign doesn't look half bad on the 360.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

mcvey posted:

like im gonna play an FPS on a console :lol:

http://xim4.com/

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Sab669 posted:

What does this even mean? My cool helmet disappeared, and now my 2x EXP is gone (which I knew was timed) :(

As somebody who's around level 30 and prestige 1, I think I figured this out. The guy above described the different timed items that can appear in your armory pretty well.

The time-limited armor pieces don't come from these - they come from some sort of action in the game. The bloodthirsty helmet comes after you kill five without dying, and you get the helmet for 30 minutes. Ditto the Baron helmet - you get a dog fight medal (killing an opponent who has boosted into the air while you too are boosted in the air) and access to the Baron helmet for 30 minutes.

The time-gated supply drop and experience bonuses, as far as I can tell, are active on your account the instant you get them from a supply drop. When you use up all the time - 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes and 45 minutes are the ones I've seen - you get an alert saying they've expired. These, otherwise, never show up anywhere in the game (in your armory, on your HUD, etc.). They only appear as an icon in the lobby room while they're active.

Worth noting is that, as far as I know, there are NO weapons that are time-gated. Anything you unlock, you keep.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I'm really dumb. What's this dubstep gun you all speak of?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Dalai Trauma posted:

Camping on kill confirmed gets me irrationally angry. I don't know why I'm not used to this after 5 cod games.

Same, except for me, it's Domination.

But my God, what I dealt with last night along these lines... I was in the Atlas Gorge playlist and we were heading into Uplink. As the lobby was ending, one of the guys - someone who sounded like an obvious Bro - said everybody has to use sniper rifles because it'll be fun.

For the first three minutes of the first half, I spent my time popping dudes so my guys could get to the satellite and run it in. That's when I realized the score was zero-zero and nobody had picked up the satellite from its default location. So I personally picked it up and ran it in twice before time expired, both times meeting little resistance.

At the halfway point when all-chat is on, I said, "you guys know this isn't Team Deathmatch, right?" And one of them chimed in, "we don't care. We're playing for the kills."

We ultimately lost when somebody on their side wised up to what was going on and was better at solo-running the satellite in than I was. It ended 6-4.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Spoon Man posted:

For anyone that is emblem challenged, you can join a clan and use the clan emblem! Clan members can also submit emblems for the leader to use/save/discard so you can use clans as a way of sharing emblem creations. I know as a clan leader, I can save the clan emblem to my personal list. If members can also save the clan emblem, the leader can just swap the clan emblem regularly for members to save a variety of solid entries.

How?

[e] Nevermind, I figured it out! Go to the emblem editor in the app, view by your platform, click it, hit the OPTIONS button in the top right corner, and Save. It'll overwrite one of your emblems, so make sure you back up your current one!

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 7, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So there's no transferring of data between 360 and Xbone is there? I'd rather not have to get back up to level 40 if i can help it :(

My neighbor has both (he got digital 360 so he could play with Frack and I; came with the free Bone version so he plays on there when not playing with us) and says that progress is concurrent on both consoles.

I don't know if he's actually playing MP on the Bone or not. I'll ask, but can anybody else here clarify?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Christoff posted:

does double xp stack? If you get double xp from a supply drop?

I believe so. If this is the case, you're getting quad XP.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Aphrodite posted:

What is Resupply time for?

Double supply time doubles the rate at which you get supply drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Please, the IMR is clearly the best Assault Rifle. Four round burst, excellent damage and it prints its own ammo (albeit very slowly). I got a neat blue and yellow version in a supply drop and it wrecks fools.

AK12 with a foregrip has a much tighter spread, akin to the LSAT with foregrip from Ghosts. IMR, meanwhile, is a straight, vertical line. The choice comes down to making sure every bullet gets there versus every bullet dealing more damage and some of them missing.

Source: I have the strategy guide and it has every graph in it.

• Locked thread