Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Good OP, but there wasn't any info on the Wii U version. Any info on that would be much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Maybe that's the countdown to the Netflix/Activision merger that I read about in this thread.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

DStecks posted:

On the other hand, that Blops's campaign was "we're doing CoD as usual, only this time it's on purpose" was its single greatest strength.

You must be referring to Sam Worthington.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/10/harry-gregson-williams-is-working-on-advanced-warfares-soundtrack/

Harry Gregson Williams (of METAL GEAR FAME) is working on the soundtrack.

Also:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Sledgehammer Dev Diary

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/12/inside-call-of-duty-advanced-warfares-development-video-from-gameinformer/

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6OoMYSI8s

:downs:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I agree, it has been downhill since Black Ops 1.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

You've never played Titanfall though?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Campaign unlocks the lighter and heavy Titan chassis. Bless your heart if you actually prefer either to the Atlas. Also they are now unlockable outside campaign multiplayer, which is still pretty fun to play if you want smash on level 1 players.

edit: I don't really want to keep defending this game, as I really don't care that much, but TF is a really fun game that is short on content, no question about it. But there is a big difference between watching some terrible twitch stream and actually playing it, calling your Titan in, jumping in and loving some poo poo up.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 7, 2014

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Speaking of breaking engines, how'd Treyarch manage this feat?

MW2:

Black Ops 1:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

You get a pass if you watched it over Twitch though.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Uhhh, Fred Durst is streaming COD on Twitch or something.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Nothing was banned in the Titanfall pro leagues FYI

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I'm not sponsored yet.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Screencaps from MP section here:
http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/07/29/advanced-warfare-multiplayer-5-second-gameplay-teaser-at-the-end-of-new-story-trailer/#/

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I mean... you are talking a $20 difference. You are already paying $100 for a COD game.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Are you calling Derailed or Wasteland decent?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I wasn't a fan of maps that catered to snipers. It wasn't even that great of an AC-130 map, as there are certain areas that the AC-130 guns couldn't reach at certain angles.

My favorite AC-130 map was Afghan. Especially with MW2's spawn logic (or lack thereof).

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYrtw6KF78

:shepicide:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I can't wait for January when everyone mysteriously decides that Ghosts was actually ok and we start playing this DLC I paid for. :shepicide:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

It looks pretty good! :shepicide:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Round based Domination. :smith:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

versus posted:

Well if I wasn't buying an XIM4/PS4 before, I definitely am now.

Wouldn't you rather get an Xbone and play with the c00l kids? :shepicide:

And yeah it looks pretty good.

I hate my life.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

So no official word on it being 9v9?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

War was like a single Dom point that would move towards the Enemy base once captured and once you cap the point at the enemy base you win. I think there were a total of 5 cap points. It was actually pretty fun considering how lovely WaW or Treyarch games are. :jiggled:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Dum Cumpster posted:

I'm really, honestly, for realz not going to buy it until I get wazzit's first week impression this time.

The problem is that I'm a chump and will tell you it's soooooo good because Treyarch didn't make it.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Getting this on an Xbone because we all know how much we take advantage of that early month of DLC.

Also I still prefer the Xbox One controller over the PS4 controller. The sticks still feel a little loose for FPS games. Overall I'm pretty happy with the Xbone, the interface was a complete poo poo show at launch, but they've really cleaned up the friend interface and the party system actually works now.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 12, 2014

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Please include a column for past COD and TF K/Ds and MLG championships won.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Advanced Warfare bundle with a 1TB console and a custom controller that will make you look so :c00lbert:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/12/advanced-warfare-xbox-one-bundle-with-1tb-hard-drive-coming-november/

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

More Scorestreaks at launch.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/13/shgames-reconfirms-more-scorestreaks-and-upgrades-will-be-available-at-launch/

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I for one, am happy that the game is still broken.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

JackGeneric posted:

Conderhaar has confirmed has confirmed that exo batteries do not recharge at all; you get one charge per life. I guess that's fine for most of the abilities, but it makes hover (and possibly the shield) sound really unappealing.

Once per life? What's the loving point? That sounds really dumb. That seems like something that should have been a rechargeable battery and recharge time is different for each ability. But what do I know.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I may have been playing too much Titanfall.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

They should just counter that with an obnoxious attachment that makes your gun louder and makes your red dot on the radar 5 times the size.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Honestly, I just want to play this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7gLkJtHNg

Free to play too, if you consider living in China FREE. :911:

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 26, 2014

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Everyone knows you don't measure a player's skill by their control scheme. You judge it based on speedtests.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Well I'm pumped.

What is BIOGAMER GIRL?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I thought Round based Dom was in a special baby's playlist only?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

The way I understood it is that there was a regular Dom game mode without Rounds and there was a separate playlist or custom games option for :siren::c00lbert:~~~eSports~~~:c00lbert::siren:.

Just screen grabbed some bullshit from CharlieIntel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

No tac inserts was confirmed right? They were nice to have in tough Dom games.

• Locked thread