Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My younger brother is looking to use the upgrade deal so he can play with his 360 only friends too. Is there a preorder on the 360 (can it do that?) or is it just buy on release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's like 9 other manually detonated things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mymla posted:

I don't really get it.
You hit someone once, then you need to hit them again to actually do damage?

Think of it this way: it's C4 fired from a rifle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shnakepup posted:

"Pump action directed energy weapon"

why the hell would it need to be pump action :psyduck:

Intimidation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Call of Duty:Advanced Warfare-I bought the 99$ version for both PS4 and PC and all I got was this Doritos gun.

If there was actually a Doritos gun I would buy that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do the laser shotguns still fall off early?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Highlight the game, hit Options, Information. You'll see the rest of the download there, most likely. You only see the loading bar for the initial part needed to start it up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I am so concerned for the metagame. You don't even know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can't see PC and TV at the same time. Not a real gamer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dum Cumpster posted:

He's a whiny bitch but he's been right about the previous cods

He's also describing the previous cods.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

univbee posted:

Store midnight launches are illegal where I live. :eyepop:

Yeah, here too. I would never go anyway. I have work the next day and also I don't need to play ASAP.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uh, the west coast is PST.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why would a laser weapon have recoil?

Same reason electric cars make fake engine noise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ethanol posted:

why don't you just pay off your preorder when you pick up your preorder

At some stores you're not allowed to actually do that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Republicans posted:

Has there been much said about what the future-y stuff adds to the game?

Laser shotguns.

Probably some other stuff, who cares.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, gently caress being helpful.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

When does the review embargo end? Usually means the game is guaranteed dogshit if it's out before the reviews, no?

Not anymore. 9 out of 10 releases now have an embargo until release.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Embargos killed the demo too.

The Conan thing with this game was the dumbest.

They let him play the game early for his Clueless Gamer thing, but he's not allowed to show it until tomorrow's show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Previous Jesus posted:

I bought the digital day zero edition on PS4 and pre-installed the game and the update but once I started the game and went to multiplayer it said "installing content" which took about 30 minutes. Okay. Now once I actually got into the multiplayer menu it says "installing content" again at the bottom and the estimate for this one is six hours and keeps wavering back and forth but trending upwards. I can play local play but not online. :negative:

The download progress bar you see on a PS4 is to be able to launch the title. Sometimes there's very little you can actually do with that.

To see the real progress press the Option button on the game tile and check the Information.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Previous Jesus posted:

Oh, that's kind of bizarre. I figured I could turn my PS4 off after it said it was done downloading and updating but I guess I should have left it on all day. Oh well. Not a big deal.

You can. It will still finish in that state.

The PS4 has an issue with sleep mode right now from 2.0 though. That might be what happened.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Previous Jesus posted:

I turned it actually off, not standby. Does it download stuff when you actually turn it off?

No, just standby.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What do you actually need to do to get the Mountain Dew/Dorito stuff? Is it random or Buy X, get Y?

I need to make my character obnoxious as hell. I already have a stupid Anarchy vest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roman posted:

Enter the codes from stuff at dewanddoritos.com and it will just show up in the game. You have to link your xbone/PS4 account to it. It will give you a "New Items" alert when you start.

It was worth it for the Randy Savage "Doritos" sunglasses alone

Right, but I mean is it like... buy a 12 pack to unlock Dew Pants, or do you choose what you want from your codes?

Edit: I wouldn't actually drink or eat the Dewritos so I'm curious how much money I'd have to waste if I wanted to get this stuff.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 3, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did this come with free trials for Live like usual?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

univbee posted:

Apparently yes. Also they apparently don't work and Microsoft is trying to figure out why.

Okay well, anyone have a spare non-working code that will presumably eventually work?

My brother's Live ended today and he's poor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sw0cb posted:

Is there atleast 2 player splitscreen on the xbox one version? Can you play two to people to a console online like the previous CODs?

Yes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Come on Sledgehammer, get those CoD accounts up. I have some dumb as hell emblems I need to get into the game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The new mobility stuff is great for getting around but TTK is still too low to use it strategically 90% of the time. If a guy's camping a hallway he can still kill you in the time it takes to superspeed slide across. That's not new to the series or anything so it doesn't really bother me, but it takes some wind out of the jet around sails.

However I saw a guy with a pink trucker hat so GOTY.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got the railgun sniper with 2 +damage mods, 2 -fire rate mods and like 1 +handling or something.

It reminds me of the mods you could throw on sniper rifles in Mass Effect 1 to make your own railgun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GET MY BELT SON posted:

how do you get the special weapons?

elite or,whatever

Roll the dice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

So on a scale of standard CoD poo poo for retards but with /!\NEW JUMP BUTTON/!\ to like Titanfall but with content, where does this game fall?

You can't wall run but you can get blinged out weapons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

It's good to see that the bar of modern FPS is "plays *almost* like something released over ten years but not quite as good"

That's not surprising since the bar of modern consoles is "plays something released over ten years ago but not quite as good".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

It's pretty bad when your game isn't even up to par with titanfall.

Sorry, did you think I was saying having more than 2 customization options and 3 guns instead of wall run was a negative? I should have been more clear.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Speaking of which, do we have a clan yet?

I don't think CoD accounts have worked yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I still want to drop a care package on some chump for big laughs.

Can you teamkill with Care Packages?

I always drop them on the home flag after a halftime in hopes, but nobody waits long enough.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Blacklight does it and it's extremely annoying but they make a lot of money from people who "rent" cosmetic stuff.

E: actually I don't know if they make a lot of money off it or not.

The ones you get in Supply Drops all seem to be permanent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feenix posted:

I've unlocked many items in the game so far, I'm level 30 and played a lot of matches. I'm not the best but I do pretty well, my question is are there specific criteria for unlocking the more unique Exo suits I saw in some ign videos or wherever?

Except for preorder and Dew, they seem to be random.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sab669 posted:

What does this even mean? My cool helmet disappeared, and now my 2x EXP is gone (which I knew was timed) :(

You have 3 things that can expire: Gear, Reinforcements and Double XP.

2 of them are obvious but Reinforcements apparently gives you a free Care Package a certain length into the match. The one I got was 4 minutes in. It had Scavenger in it.

Gear from Supply Drops seems to be permanent. There's also some Assassin set I've been unlocking that appears to be permanent. I don't know if it's from level-ups or challenges or what. The time limited gear is from getting certain medals in a round. If you get Bloodthirsty, you get a red and black helmet for 30 minutes. Getting the medal for 5 headshots in a round gets you a skull painted helmet, things like that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dashKADE posted:

Are the random weapons you get permanent? I've got a few and I'm afraid to use them.

If you go to the Armory you can see a timer on your stuff that isn't permanent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I got a chance to give this game a go and it's still the same slow CoD game. You'd think that adding the jump button they could go back to at least Quake 3 movement speeds. Better luck next year after Nintendo's Splatoon shows Activision how a console shooter should be done.

How'd you find the time between coming up with all those sick burns?

• Locked thread