Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

mng posted:

e: I can't think of any specific examples right now, but there has been some subverted tropes of this one where the good guy just shoots the bad guy without any delay and stupid dialogue. It's not as bad a cliché as hearing out the villain's master plan, but it's pretty close.

I did like that in Dredd's opening scene when the perp takes the woman hostage and he's all "I'll kill her!" And Dredd is just "whatever" and shoots him right in the mouth with a bullet that melts his face

There was a bit of stupid dialogue but I liked the reveal that Dredd was actually telling his gun to use a certain type of bullet instead of actually conversing with the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah but the last two were loving amazing somehow. I am genuinely hyped for the seventh.

Yeah somewhere along the line they stopped being just dumb car racing movies and turned into Vin Diesel & Friends commit elaborate heists and wreck sweet cars in the process. It's barely about the cars anymore.

Jurassic World looks stupid. Raptor Buddies belongs in a different tone of movie, this one looks all typical monster flick "SCIENCE GONE MAD" then all of a sudden Chris Pratt is driving along with his friend raptors, it doesn't match up. Might just be how the trailer is edited and obviously the movie might deliver, but the trailer made me sad.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I'm not sure how anyone could think those raptors were hunting him when they are around him clearly not attacking while perfectly in position to and the one just chills and runs ahead

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

The best is the CSI: Miami episode where GTA causes people to rob banks and attempt mid-robbery rapes. For bonus points.

There's a brief story arc in "Luther" where two twins compete with each other at killing people and causing chaos and award themselves points on who they kill and how they kill them. When Idris Elba finally confronts one of them he introduces himself as "The final boss"

Luther is a good show but that was some stupid poo poo

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

FELD1 posted:

It seems like being a fan of comic books ruins any other media related to them. I don't really read any comic books, and I love stuff like Agents of Shield, Arrow, Flash, Daredevil, etc

I'm similar. I liked the Netflix Daredevil because I knew almost nothing about anybody going in. I thought Fisk was creepy and weird and also surprisingly scary when he wanted to be, and I think it was far more interesting than just a stereotypical mega crime boss, i've seen that before.

My issue with Daredevil was that it was basically just a Nolan batman TV show. He even did the growly voice "WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR" bit.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Deadpool is a Fox movie, tho.

To be fair some x-men movies have it now too. Apocalypse showed up at the end of Days of Future past. I think the new Spiderman movies had them too. The only real super hero movies that don't anymore is DC stuff. Plus, I'd wager the average moviegoer doesn't know the explicit differences between all companies.

I usually stick around for them, but only because they usually do something cool with the credits before the scene, like neat graphics and such. After the scene comes the boring scroll credits and that's when you walk out.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Len posted:

I'm in Supernatural season 7. By this point both Winchesters have been to Hell, discovered angels and dragons exist, fended off the apocalypse, seen purgatory opened, and opened purgatory. But the Jersey Devil? That can't possibly exist!

My favorite scene of them not believing something was in like season...3? Before Cass. Sam is talking about the monster of the week being an angel but Dean just refuses to entertain the idea.

"I ONLY BELIEVE IN THINGS IVE SEEN SAM"

they've literally seen a door to hell opened and have been fighting demons but AN ANGEL? THAT CAN'T EXIST. NO.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Just re-watched the two Mummy movies thanks to this thread. I'm not sure how someone can like the first one and hate the second. They are the same thing. In some ways Returns is even more fun and a lot of the bad effects and dumb parts add to the charm. There's nothing that much dumber in the second one than the first, either. They are both playful and stupid. If anything the second one is more fun because of how silly it is. I mean at one point a guy reaches into a hole and pulls out a skeleton hand, that owns. The actor who plays the Mummy also acts the gently caress out of his final moments in Returns.

The only thing I saw wrong with the sequel was "repeat the first movie, but BIGGER" syndrome. Mummy 2 is great. Brendan Frasier deserved a better career.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Phanatic posted:

stuff about themes that IF lacks

Agreed on all points. Each story about a disadvantaged person was what made each show work, even if the explicit beats were kind of predicable.

What's sad is the show almost had the social angle too. His brief time as a homeless guy in the park was interesting, I would have greatly preferred a show where Danny is a bum who is secretly a chi kung fu master but no one takes him seriously because he's "just a crazy homeless guy". Also a guy who lived as a monk mastering self control shouldnt be the type who wants his company back, you'd think the company would be the enemy to his new ideals.

IF sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Byzantine posted:

I mean, G14 had zero human beings I gave a single gently caress about after Cranston died

In retrospect this is still an upgrade over the human characters in the following films, who I hated and found annoying as hell most of the time, outside some of the Skull Island cast. KotM and GvK was full of humans I wished would get crushed. At least bland mcArmy man didn't get in the way and was mostly just there to give you the sense of perspective

Killing Cranston so early instead of letting him anchor the movie is still G14's biggest error though.