Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Phanatic posted:

Lifeforce?

That movie had dangerously high levels of horny.

Like, it definitely wanted to curdle your blood, but also wanted to make sure exactly where it was when it curdled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Len posted:

Mystery Men is an underrated gem that should get more love

It was made 15 years too early.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Carthag Tuek posted:

i just rewatched pulp fiction & literally all the women are written as children. i guess i was a child myself last i saw it, but its super weird now.

What's your definition of being written 'as children'?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They also have access to friends with large spacehips who could fly around the world picking people up. And mutants who can read the minds of everyone on Earth to see who wants to be picked up to make things even easier.

Now that's sensible.

Both Mars terraforming and the whole freedom by finance and influence.

It seemed to work okay for Israel.

Not so much for the Palestinians, but that's a problem wholly avoided by moving to Mars or the Blue Area of the moon.

EDIT: Or think of it as less of an Israel and more along the lines of a women's shelter from abusive partners. No one should have to flee their home, but "should doesn't mean poo poo" when the alternative is being abused or murdered.

Bruh.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Megillah Gorilla posted:

In a horrible situation, where people are being abused and killed, moving to protect the innocent from being abused now is not the insane stance you think it is.

Dig up.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Jedit posted:

This is literally Ultimate Wasp.

Phew, lucky nothing bad will ever happen toher.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Android Apocalypse posted:

Tenet is on TV right now and I'm pretty sure the suit in charge that disregarded the complaints test audiences had with the plot was Christopher Nolan.

Tenet was a movie whose creator was way too proud of how clever making the movie made him feel and undeservedly so. Which is a pity because Memento was ingenious but Nolan's been on a downwards trend basically for his entire career.

The plot of Tenet was actually relatively straightforward for something that gained a reputation for being confusing, but ultimately I feel that any confusion caused by the film was largely because of how poorly conveyed the action and dialogue was, with a dash of "no, that's not ingenious 4-dimensional thinking, it's actually just dumb if you think about it for more than a few seconds".

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Twitch posted:

Does Space Jam 2 at least contain references to the upcoming D U N C?

The back and forth between Bugs and Daffy culminating in the ol' switcheroo where Bugs tricks Daffy into ripping out his own heartplug is a little gory but at least thematically consistent with the looney tunes aesthetic.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

theironjef posted:

That scene of the two of them tk helicopter tugging had me laughing til tears. They both did the thing where they lifted one hand for emphasis, realized how strong the other person was, and then lifted the other hand for even more emphasis. The only thing that could have salvaged that scene was if you saw Magneto in a chest up shot with both hands extended and then one of his feet rose up from the bottom of the screen and also started straining at a helicopter.

I can see this in 80's spoof form with Leslie Nielsen as Magneto and it's glorious.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Sunswipe posted:

I really want a Terminator movie set in the old west.

This, but Predator.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Batman and Robin's main flaw is that it didn't lean into the realm of ridiculous camp nearly hard enough. It's still not a 'good' movie, but is legit enjoyable in the right frame of mind and infinitely more watchable than Forever which was ruined by a lot of things but first and foremost by Jim Carrey.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Armacham posted:

Jim Carrey kind of makes sense to me, especially with how popular he was in the 90s. Tommy Lee Jones was inexplicable thought.

His choice for the character was probably inevitable given his popularity at the time, but his performance and the direction (or lack thereof) he was given was inexcusably wretched.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Uncut Gems irritates me beyond all imagining because in my conception of the man it has changed Adam Sandler from an easily ignorable hack into an immense waste of potential who is as lazy as he is talented.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

MariusLecter posted:

Never seen Punch Drunk Love?

Not until after I saw Uncut Gems and I frankly didn't really care for it (though obviously he's better in that than in Adam Sandler Productions Presents Boobfart The Movie XIV insofar as he actually acts).

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Not so much a movie moment as one that's associated with movie fandom and I dunno where else to ask this.

Why does half the internet seem to be constantly on Brendan Fraser's dick?

I mean, the guy is a competent B-list actor who iirc was pretty active in the late 90's and early 2000's and who was moderately amusing in the George of the Jungle film remake, but every now and then I go on imgur and there's dozens of front-page trending images of the guy usually with some text proclaiming how fabulous the guy is and I feel like I'm missing something.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Rascar Capac posted:

Probably a combination of nostalgia for the films he was in (lots of the internet is now in the nostalgia-for-20-years-ago bracket) and sympathy that his career was hosed up by him being the victim of a sexual assault.

:stare:

I clearly am not up on my celebrity personal lives news. gently caress.

Memento posted:

Why though? Imgur doesn't need you to have an account to upload anything, and apart from being an image host it's also a near-*chan level cesspit.

Sometimes I like to search for the word "Kitten" and never read the comments.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

packetmantis posted:

turn around, Breetai

Every now and then I look at cats. :shrug:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

yeah I eat rear end posted:

that's just asking for a new genre where the modern phone system breaks down because the monster breaks the internet, and then a salty group of old timers wire up their morse codes or telegrams or whatever to save the day. I'm looking forward to it.

Independence Day did this just over a quarter of a century ago. :corsair:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I had to stop watching the Oats shorts because they are universally visually gorgeous portrayals of neat concepts that invariably leave you feeling utterly dissatisfied.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

BiggerBoat posted:

Topher Grace who is for some reason motivated to pray in church so god will kill Peter for...

Inadvertently getting him fired? Conveniently timed so it coincides with Peter ridding himself of the black suit?

That scene in the church (specifically the please kill him line) got a roar of laughter in the theatre I saw it in, and everyone in the audience simultaneously checked out of caring about that dumbass movie.

The overall mood just palpably changed in an instant, it was incredible.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Ready or not should have ended with nothing supernatural going on at all. Just the sun rises and... Nothing. Rich assholes have been killing others to maintain their position for no good reason is a much more compelling tale

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Unrelated note: why are there never any toilets in alien prisons in movies/tv? They are always these clean sanitary spaces guarded by an energy field. Where does the turds go

You pee/poop on the energy field and it disintegrates, bing bong so simple.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Jango was a Gammorian?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

MadDogMike posted:

Cops can read?

At least 14 words, yes.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Yeah GLOW getting cancelled was one of the first things to come to mind re: Netflix canning poo poo too soon. Great cast on that one

The bit in the first season where they're at the local indie gig and all of a sudden it just clicks for Debbie and excitedly exclaims "this whole thing is a soap opera" was the exact moment I fell in love with the show.

The Christmas Carol and the Liza Minelli bits from S3 were great too.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
If you don't cry in response to the first 10 minutes of Pixar's Up, Harrison Ford is legally allowed to shoot you in the head.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Gromit posted:

Is it an IIMM if I say that awkwafina is terrible in everything as she is a non-actor and ruins every scene in everything I've seen her in (which is, admittedly, only 2 or 3 shows)? Am I just somehow blind to her chops?

She was loving hilarious in the latest Jumanji movie, her DeVito impression is amazing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Beachcomber posted:

They Live is really overdue a remake.

Yeah, that'd be handled loving perfectly. I'm picturing a slicker, shinier aesthetic; get some big names in there maybe The Rock and Chris Pratt; give them sexier jobs because nobody wants to watch some story about depressing homeless people day labouring! Using Google glasses as the special glasses will really help out with marketing synergy and brand messaging, and we can make the main bad guy a Trump analogue because we want to make They Live but this time it'll have a message about social issues attached to it!

It'll average 1 star on IMDb and gross three hundred million dollars more than the original.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

PhazonLink posted:

furries have been a thing ever since myths about human animal hybrids.

Babyfurs snoofin' pamps, on the other hand, are a more recent invention.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Len posted:

It's a comedy with Leslie Nielsen and I haven't laughed at him yet.

Surely you can't be serious.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

BrigadierSensible posted:

re: divorced people getting back together in family movies.

Mrs Doubtfire is a notable exception, and both Sally Field and Robin Williams had to fight the writers/producers for this. Because whilst the filmmakers wanted to have the divorced couple end up back together as a happy ending, both Mrs Field and Mr. Williams who were divorced argued that this was not realistic, and that kids need to see stuff that shows that parents don't always end up back together.

It also teaches children that a father can stalk their ex wife and children without facing any legal repercussions. :hmmyes:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

1) The overuse of a gimmick. By the third or fourth time time they used the peel off face with voice chip I was ready to rub popcorn salt in my eyes.

From the third time it happened each subsequent iteration got a louder and louder laugh of derision from the audience.

I've never heard a theatre full of people poo poo on a movie as hard as that with the possible exception of the "please kill him" prayer scene in Spider-Man 3.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Elissimpark posted:

I was looking at Wikipedia trying to figure which non-english Woo films I'd seen, and I have a theory that when people say they like Woo, what they mean is that they like Chow Yun-Fat.

It's like how some people say they like Mel Brooks movies but they actually like Gene Wilder movies.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Also the scene in which a woman physically retaliates against a stranger who attempts to at the very least physically and very likely sexually assault her after already having also made an attempt earlier in the movie is used as the turning point that signifies her status as a villain.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Men, on the other hand, are proficient at speed running sexual encounters (50% completion).

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Ideally the cgi should have been rendered using tiny spider shaped voxels.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
2010's Piranha is an excellent good bad movie that I highly recommend.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

oldpainless posted:

I legitimately believe Prometheus is a movie where it gets better on repeat viewings. Most people seemed to really dislike it when it first came out but there’s lots of details/story beats that you’re not gonna pick up on until an 8th or 9th watch at the earliest.

Imagine being that poor at conveying the point of the movie you're directing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Would those full-size body pillows count as a toy? I bet they have a lot to say.

They get to speak after the my little pony in a mason jar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

muscles like this! posted:

There was an old webcomic that did something like that as a gag. The Blue Fairy brings a sex doll to life and she instantly hangs herself.

Sexy Losers. Now that's a horrible, horrible blast from the past.