Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Rabbit Hill posted:

It's funny how mental disorder never gives people the urge to, like, build orphanages by hand or feed every homeless person on their home block or something. Instead of having the urge to break into women's apartments to rape them in their sleep, how about breaking in to tuck them in and sing them lullabies? Why's it always got to be rape and torture, mayhem and murder?

It does? Where do you think religious leaders come from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Wild T posted:

That's one of the primary reasons that having children is a terrifying experience. A child is raised pretty much assuming that mom and dad will take care of everything and they will always be safe, not giving much thought into the fact that mom and dad are not omnipotent. Kids are great but you are guaranteed to feel that pit-of-your-stomach horror every now and then when you realise that they've just wandered off and oh poo poo where are they oh there you are. My son in particular can be a total four-year-old dick and has found an uncanny ability to let go of my hand and hide behind me in crowded areas. It's like Looney Tunes, whenever I turn around he somehow manages to stay in my blind spot just so I can have three or four seconds of pure panic every now and then when I can't find him.

My little sister was a master of this when I was a kid, she'd get under a bed and go to sleep, or the best time, perching on the rungs under a fold down table like a goddamn bird. Much panic happened, then we'd just find her snoozing. It took her like 5 seconds to find a place to sleep and do that.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

queserasera posted:

Before leaving his home for the last time, Dionisio Pulido placed a sign on the cornfield that read “This volcano is owned and operated by Dionisio Pulido.”

Well that is utterly awesome.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Don Gato posted:

And I thought that Onion video about bored scientists tossing random crap into the large hadron collider was supposed to be a joke. To be perfectly honest that's what I would do in that situation, but that's why I'm not allowed near incredibly dangerous materials.

If you build it, you get to do what the gently caress you want with it. That's the best bit of science.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Jedit posted:

I learned about World War 1 by reading Charley's War in the British War comic Battle. It is very much worth reading and I recommend it to anyone with an interest but who doesn't want to go through a weighty tome of facts.

Charley’s war is excellent and I’d recommend not reading it unless you’re having a very good day, because that’ll just about balance out how depressing it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

and yes yes I'll find something unnerving to post... later.

Nobody is complaining.