Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trainzrk00l
May 31, 2020

teen witch posted:

Q: how much do you hate this miserable world

A: A Family YouTuber Has Ignited A Firestorm After Admitting To Rehoming Her Adopted Autistic Son

E: there are some pretty loving horrible things that are slowly coming to light

Huxley�s thumb is duct taped to prevent thumb sucking
https://twitter.com/shmailey_/status/1265483409788461057

i just uuh what

as an autistic adopted individual myself (as evident by my username haha) i have had no loving words regarding this tragedy and am gimped by as much incandescent rage as my numb neuroreceptors will allow. adoption is traumatic enough as it is (subjectively and negotiable to an extent through therapy and considerable resources to the issues) without being ""rehomed"" by some sick detached gently caress looking to make a quick buck out of your life, leaving you to the wolves.

this is the worldview through which a capitalist views their OWN KID; literally an extractive tool, like a pickax, super-duper-mining-rig or a computer. honestly the degrees of separation are frightening but of all the emotions i feel one of the ones i do not is surprise. this is capitalism. this is the worldview our overlords take towards our lives on a greater level. capitalism and the attention economy may not necessarily create these sickos, but it certainly enables their creation and this disaster feels merely like a condensed version of our relationship to it in a wider context. this is the pathological detachment and viewing lives & the environment in ""extractive utility"" that the machine is built on. elite paedophilia, bhopal, sewol et al., leaving kids to the wolves at 18 as mentioned earlier, homelessness, systemic racism and climate change etc etc yadda yadda. of note is also the culture of white saviourism attached to international adoption (see Holt in South Korea, which i have secondary knowledge of due to my own circumstances) and although i would vastly prefer living where i am now to South Korea, it's not without its baggage. i've been stewing in pent up emotion for ages and having a "babby's first anticapitalist" moment here, apologies if this is a ramble.

honestly too there is some truth to the idea that parenting is a binary commitment. you are 100% committed to face whichever hardships and machinations of probability the moment you commit to the idea of taking an immature, partially-developed human being under your stewardship, or you are not. if you are unprepared for the idea of parenting any individual, let alone a neurodiverse individual, or haven't done your research to the point where it will detrimentally affect your universal parental duty of care, then please hold the gently caress back. a tug and a snooze, ya can't loose. have fun with your fingers, do not leave a kid to linger. check yourself before you wreck yourself (and some poor soul/s). gently caress. as these people had ample opportunity to think this through and were in a position which enabled them to do so, i have no compassion for whatever """"struggles"""" they slapped post-hoc over their exploitative actions like a shoddy coat of paint. go gently caress yourselves.

as for Huxley himself, i hope he finds comfort, dignity and safety asap. i hope he and the many children ""rehomed"" under such awful practices reach peace and justice is served. knowing how irredemably hosed the us (and its vassals to a lesser extent) is i don't know, but i'm holding out solidarity and optimism. it's all i have, although climate blackpilling is kicking my rear end pretty hard right now. if anyone would happen to know of any advocacy/solidarity networks or honest, reputable institutions which deal with this stuff, please post links. i have a wallet full of ronabux right now just burning a hole towards worthy causes.

trainzrk00l has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Jun 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU