Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Stories about fugue states often cite Hannah Upp, who disappeared for a few days in New York in 2008. Upp had another disappearance, albeit briefer a few years later.

Last year, she went missing again. She hasn't been found.

I'm not normally too incredulous about articles here but every person involved in this story just seems so far up their own rear end with spirituality I can't help but think they're biased. She might have had some undiagnosed mental illness or just some early mid life crisis that caused her to feel like running away from responsibilities (though still wanting to check her email at an Apple store), probably some impulse control issues at least. I can't for a minute make myself think she ever lost any memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Carole's big cat enclosures are as bad as Joe's and she exploits her volunteers. She really seems like the big cat rescue stuff is more to feed her ego than anything else. At least Joe and Doc Antle are up front about it.

That said I don't think she killed her husband and fed her to the cats. He was trying to divorce her and leave her with nothing despite her being legally entitled to alimony. It seems pretty clear to me he was pushed out of a plane between Florida and Costa Rica. Given the story of her running into her cop brother the night the husband disappeared, I think she knows more than she's letting on. Even if she is behind it, she's not as bad of a person as Joe and not even close to Doc Antle's evil.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

He's the descendant of Armand Hammer, who at one point became a controlling member of the board of directors of the company which produces Arm and Hammer baking soda. Armand Hammer had close ties to the soviet union and was a lifelong republican donor but also was great friends with Al Gore sr. When you are rich is hell you can play every field simultaneously I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armand_Hammer

Honestly the article is pretty unnerving just for how little sense this dude's life makes, given what I thought I knew about politics. I'm sure there's a deep well of conspiracy theories involving this guy.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

My dad shot his brother as a prank, right in the rear end. My dad loaded his own ammo so made a powder mix that made a ton of fire and had the bullet basically drop out of the end of the barrel. His brother thought he died and had a bruise on his rear end, lower back, and upper thigh for weeks. Best party prank ever.

The unnerving part is that the prank was my dad pulled the gun as soon as his brother showed up to the party and yelled “You motherfucker!” and shot him as he turned to run, and dude dropped. Everyone at the party screamed and left. No cops ever came and my dad never saw any of those people again. So like a dozen people just figured my dad murdered his brother and just kept that secret.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Behind the Bastards has explicitly pointed out that every foreign action the CIA has taken has made things objectively worse for the world and the USA, so Robert Evans makes for a pretty awful CIA plant. Also he’s super critical of Israel, which as absolutely goes against state department practices. It’s more likely the people saying he’s a CIA plant are the actual plants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I just haven’t seen an episode of Behind the Bastards where Robert Evans has been pro-intervention, so I’m not sure where the accusation that he agrees with modern CIA stuff is coming from. I mean he recently did a two part episode on the Dulles brothers and mentioned that the modern CIA continues to follow in their footsteps of loving up the Middle East through overthrowing democratic elections and funding terrorism against leaders that don’t seem friendly to US business interests.

The only intervention I’ve seen him support is regarding stopping the Turkey’s second Armenian genocide and stopping Turkey from invading Syria a while back. Is this just a pro-Turkey thing or is there stuff I’ve missed?

Legit question, I’m not trying to poo poo up the thread. I’ve googled and DuckDuckGo’d trying to find these bad Robert Evans takes but no one ever gets specific.