Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

Are we sharing personal anecdotes of connections to murders/crimes? Because my husband is related to Pinochet and has a photo where Pinochet is holding him. He also grew up in the area Richard Ramirez was operating in in LA and his mom was friends with one of the victims.

He doesn't like when I watch any true crime documentaries.

I don't have any personal connections other than growing up in the area near where the Slenderman stabbing happened and also where Gypsy Rose Blanchard fled to after she and her boyfriend killed her mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

There's currently a manhunt on in SW Oregon for this dude who went on a rampage around Coos Bay/North Bend. Dude violently murdered his father (at a news conference, the county DA stated he died of "extreme homicidal violence"), stole his dad's truck, used the stolen truck to hit and kill/critically injure an older couple from Florida, then kill a woman working at a dispensary. At some point during his rampage he was able to stop at a sporting goods store and purchase more ammunition. He abandoned the truck somewhere along the route to Eugene.

I've got a close friend who lives in the area and has been giving me updates. It took over 24 hours before this hit national news.

Before my friend told me about the manhunt that's ongoing, she was telling me how, in this town of just around 20k, there's been an arsonist who's lit fires to four different occupied houses, and at one point was on the scene of one of the houses when the cops showed up. He just apparently casually strolled away.

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

stabbity posted:

There's currently a manhunt on in SW Oregon for this dude who went on a rampage around Coos Bay/North Bend. Dude violently murdered his father (at a news conference, the county DA stated he died of "extreme homicidal violence"), stole his dad's truck, used the stolen truck to hit and kill/critically injure an older couple from Florida, then kill a woman working at a dispensary. At some point during his rampage he was able to stop at a sporting goods store and purchase more ammunition. He abandoned the truck somewhere along the route to Eugene.

I've got a close friend who lives in the area and has been giving me updates. It took over 24 hours before this hit national news.

Before my friend told me about the manhunt that's ongoing, she was telling me how, in this town of just around 20k, there's been an arsonist who's lit fires to four different occupied houses, and at one point was on the scene of one of the houses when the cops showed up. He just apparently casually strolled away.

Well, dude turned himself in in Wisconsin. He apparently kidnapped a girl in Springfield and forced her to drive him without stopping to Milwaukee.

What's most unnerving to me about this whole thing is that this has barely made a blip on any sort of national news media. It barely even made LOCAL news media in Milwaukee.