Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Richie Incognito, who I thought would run away with the players bracket until Darren Sharper happened.

(Incidentally, can y'all get the "douche vs. evil" argument out of your system right now so it doesn't derail the thread every single round)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You know who needs more nominations? Rick Reilly, for blatantly misquoting his Native American father-in-law to defend the Redskins name, then refusing to retract himself when his father-in-law called him out on it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pete Prisco wears jorts and makes blogger basement jokes in the year 2014 so he deserves a nomination on general principle.

Also Lane Kiffin should be in this tournament every year, even after he's long out of football.

And since y'all are nominating division rivals, I'll give an extra gently caress you to Jeff Fisher.

Finally, Golden Tate for ~~~allegedly~~~ loving Russell Wilson's wife and ending his marriage.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Because all I've done is win, people hold that against me."

Yeah, that's totally why you're falling to the 5th/6th round.

gently caress A.J. McCarron

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: Actually I change my mind. +5 to Charles Cavarria. Because only brain trauma can teach 5-year-old kids how to be manly men or something

Benne fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 12, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Holy poo poo Mike Lombardi really does look like Chris Christie

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Joe Buck is too boring to hate. Pete Prisco represents everything wrong with the current #hottakes climate of sports discourse.

I was gonna go with an easy jorts joke before Rap dropped the mic.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He's not going to win but Brandon Meriweather literally said he would go from head-hunting to knee-hunting because of the new rules and God gently caress this guy why isn't he banned from the game yet.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm not sure there's much to say about Incognito other than that he fulfills literally every "dumb jock" stereotype imaginable. Dumb face, dumb name (who the hell goes by "Richie?" Douchebags, that's who), dumb sense of humor, he ticks every box. That he happens to be a dirty player (and not even that good in the first place) is just the cherry on top of the dumb cake.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ole Miss wasn't even on my radar when this started, but Ben made such a compelling case they're one of my darkhorses to win it all.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
12th Man vs. Bama fans will probably come down to how many college posters bother to vote in this.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's clearly Seahawks fans, and deservedly so--we're all loving terrible.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gerund posted:

We've been terrible for years, but because of that East Coast Bias we don't get the attention we deserve.

I've heard people unironically argue that the mainstream media is still ignoring us...after we won a Super Bowl and guys like Wilson and Sherman became household names. We'll always be terrible.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GenHavoc posted:

I couldn't tell you the name of a single SEC coach besides Saban to be honest.

Les Miles is the source of like 80% of gifs posted in TFF.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lewan made a hell of a first impression, but I'm not ready to crown him yet until he pays his proper dues. Richie Incognito is a reliable long-time veteran in the douche department and 2013 was his crowning achievement.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Like myself and others have said, Lewan needs more seasoning. He has "Incognito 2.0" written all over him, and a bright future ahead in douchery, but I'd rather wait until he takes actual NFL snaps before he takes up that lofty mantle.

Threatening a rape victim is bad, yes, but at least Lewan isn't an actual rapist (that we know of). What did Richie do? He literally molested a volunteer on a golf course. This wasn't just him on his own time, either, no. This was a loving charity golf event, where you're presumably supposed to be on your best behavior and put on a good face for the community. Richie failed to clear that low, low bar so badly the Dolphins had to pay off the woman so she won't press charges.

Richie acts like a caricature of a bully from a cliched 80s high-school comedy, except he's not in high school, this isn't the 80s, it's not a comedy, and he's not a caricature--he's all too real.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Looks like Ray Rice is trying to make a Final Four run

quote:

ryan van bibber ‏@justRVB 6m

Ray Rice "Sometimes in life you will get knocked down." Great choice of words from a man who knocked down his lady

ryan van bibber ‏@justRVB 4m

Now Ray Rice is making his wife apologize for her "role" in the incident.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Aldon Smith

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Was the Foster thing ever confirmed outside of heresy? I don't recall reading any stories about it and this forum is pretty much the only place I've heard of it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Okay. True or not, I'm sticking by my Smith vote because I'm a homer and the 49ers are buttheads who like to smell their own butts. The Texans are cool with me.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 26, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ray Rice, no contest.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Schwack posted:

edit: Also, all these reasons:

This is why the 12th Man is making a deep tourney run.

Jameis Winston

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lombardi and Banner are solid Schiano Men, but do they match up to the original Schiano Man? I think not.

Greg Schiano

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mike Tomlin

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just think it's a boring matchup and Benson's bill already got killed so :shrug:

Neither of these guys are going that far in the tournament anyway.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bret Bielma

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why can't I vote for both these guys :(

Darren Rovell, and @RovellReplies is a pro follow.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nolan "I'm not racist, but...." Nawrocki

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't recall a single notable thing Hines Ward did in the past year, let alone anything douchey enough to merit a nomination.

Phil Mushnik

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Flikken posted:

I would laugh my rear end off if the ironic Ward voters carry the day. I know they won't but it would still be funny, and really isn't that what is important in this tournament?

Colin Kaepernick got nominated because "he plays for my rival team." Russell Wilson almost got nominated because "he plays for my rival team and is kinda boring."

Forget 12th Man, "NFC West fans" should've gotten their own category this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If anything, Golden Tate was the real snub of this tournament.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rick "loving" Reilly

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ole Miss

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alabama fans because objectivity is overrated

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Richie Incognito

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Out of all the Belichick wannabes who came and went over the years Greg Schiano's flameout was the most hilarious.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

A real thing this loving guy said posted:

"If you’re a fan today and you don’t understand the business, then you’re a bad fan. You will lose at the watercooler every single time."

gently caress. Darren. Rovell.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rick Reilly

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm feeling pretty salty about cops right now so gently caress TPD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Roger Goodell. This is his time, he's earned it.

Skip Bayless. Everything wrong with ESPN and "hot take" culture can be summed up in this guy's patented brand of carnival barking. Whether he's genuine or just playing a character is beyond the point, he actively poisons the well of sports discourse.

Mark Emmert Also self-explanatory.

NCAA They will never be worse than FIFA, who handed the World Cup to a literal slave state, but drat do they come close.

• Locked thread