Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress the Tallahassee Police Department forever

NCAA only for Hall of Fame. Giant exploitative shithouse.

Greg Schiano for a number of reasons

See this guys has the right idea
NCAA HoF only because they deserve it.
Tally PD for failing repeatedly to charge a high profile player.
Greg Schiano for taking a bad situation and making it worse by failing to adapt his authoritative style to the situation he found himself in.

and some more...

Mike Williams for failing repeatedly to stay out of trouble to the point he was traded for a sixth rounder. Seriously how hard is it to not get into a fight with your brother and getting stabbed in the leg?
Jamis Winston for skating by TWICE on his local celebrity status where any other individual who wasn't as athletically gifted would have been charged and seen the inside of a court room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

You want to know what a douche is? A douche is defined by urban dictionary as "a word to describe an individual who has shown themselves to be very brainless in one way or another, thus comparing themselves to the cleansing product for vaginas" The key word here is brainless, who amongst these three is the most brainless?

It is very hard to separate Lombardi from Banner in ongoing operations at the factory of sadness. But we must try for that is our sworn duty as selectors in this, the Fourth Annual Ben Rothlisberger Douche of the Year Awards. Because of how tightly interwoven these two men are with the current Cleveland Browns, I have opted to focus on each man's career before they came to the current era Browns as a way to separate these men.

Prior to the Browns, Mike Lombardi was a scout for Bill Walsh's 49ers, Pro Personnel Director for the original Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles and Oakland Raiders. Yet when in power with the Original Browns he oversaw the eventual ouster of Marty Schottenheimer, the nurturing of Bill Belichick, the ouster of Ray Rhodes from Philly, the hiring and eventual trading of Jon Gruden at Oakland, and noted failures Bill Callahan, Norv Turner and Art Shell's second tenure. Then he did a stint in the media before being hired by banner to help right the ship at the second incarnation of the Cleveland Browns.

Joe Banner however got his start when Lurie bought the Eagles in 1995. That's right his friend bought the team and used that as an excuse to shove a man who's highest accomplishment prior to 1994 was Co-Chairman of the Greater Philadelphia chapter of City Year. There, along with Lombardi they oversaw the Ray Rhodes era, shifting Philadelphia's uniforms away from the classic Kelly green to the current midnight green. Following Ray Rhodes came Andy Reid and his dominant grip upon all matters football. Joe Banner, a man who had zero football background prior to 1995 and little involvement in the actual operations of the football side of the Eagles since that point was hired to run the Cleveland Browns and promptly hired Lombardi.

So we must ask ourselves is the bigger douche the man who oversaw the decay of multiple teams in a career spanning more then thirty years, or the man who had no business running a football organization in the first place who hired him? Is the bigger sin arrogance or idiocy? My friends and fellow electors I must follow my heart and say the idiot can be forgiven for he cannot help the fact that he is an idiot and we must honor the arrogant son of a bitch MICHAEL LOMBARDI as the bigger douche of these men.

What of Shannahan you may ask? While clearly an rear end in a top hat, his efforts to single handedly ruin the career of Robert Griffen III do not in any way amount to the monumental failure of Lombardi and Banner's tenure with the Cleveland Browns.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Taylor Lewan - the verbal threat alone is enough to be ranked king high douche of Michigan. Add in his penalties and entitled attitude and he has a very strong case for douche of the year.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Please please fellow electors to the Douche of the Year award, let us focus on the matter at hand.

Taylor Lewan is fine candidate and no disrespect is intended to this man and all his future accomplishments, but he is the lesser of two evils. If he were facing anyone else but Incognito he may well advance, but he IS facing Mr. Richard Incognito, or Hidden Dick as some have called him.

Taylor Lewan threatened to bully a rape victim, a horrible deplorable crime against a single person. Mr Incognito is a crime against humanity. His every existence is a living and breathing assault against all human decency and proof alone that if God does exist he is a cruel and vindictive god. Hidden Dick has molested a woman at a chairty event, using his athletic privlege to victimize a volunteer! He bullied a team mate to the point that said individual is no longer able to work! He created an environment so toxic that it very nearly brought down an entire organization, and did cost more then a few men their jobs. Mr Lewan is well on the way to perhaps surpassing the deeds of Richie Incognito, but he is there yet.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Jameis Winston
forever and ever.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

This is selling Lombardi and Banner (who are actually the contestants) quite a bit short. And I guess I'll vote for them because this doesn't deserve to be a blowout, although Schiano will be a fine douche winner.

This man has the right idea and I vote with him. Greg was the coach of the Bucs for two years, AND HE WAS STILL BETTER THEN RADIO!!! gently caress HIM FOREVER!!! but the Factory of Sadness deserves the win here.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

How is it not Tom Benson in a laugher? Guy literally tries to steal money from the players and somehow that's not as douchey as Mike Tomlin MAYBE trying to interfere with a kick return?

Benson by a country mile. Tomlin was more of a wrong place, wrong time type of douche maneuver. He has a punchable face. He like wearing caps. He is "too hip hop" for one front office team. Tomlin is the coaching version of noted-minor douche Colin Kaepernick.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Sataere posted:

Nolan Nawrocki

Agreed.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

I hate the steelers as much as the next guy, but ward didn't do anything. mushnick is my vote

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

warcrimes posted:

I'm not.

I'll never forget Hines Ward drawing a 15-yeard roughing penalty with the worst dive I've ever seen in professional football(oh hey, the World Cup is going on) in the SB game with the Cards. While a great argument could be made for him being in the HoF voting and not this, I'm still voting for his lovely, douche rear end.

Also, gently caress the Pittsburgh Rapists.

And he did that in the past year? The ONLY argument for Ward's inclusion is "existing". This bracket isn't for lifetime achievement it's for the 2013 NFL Football season in which Hines Ward did what?

gently caress the dude hasn't been relevant for three or four years now. He's bland and milquetoast in his current job. He's forgettable. He's as controversial as beige paint drying.

gently caress this should be a landslide and to prevent "gently caress Hines Ward for being Hines Ward" votes I urge Ben Has a Tiny Weenus to close the round and move on to the next match up.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

TPD is a joke and there are a ton of problems within the department. TPD is my vote.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Mississippi

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

12th Man and strictly because TPD didn't do anything douchey in my book, they went to full blown criminal instead.

and we can't claim rape always wins if we're going to gently caress it up and let Rice go through instead of Jameis. I worked hard on that interview bit too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

I want to put in an effort post. I want to make people believe the way I believe. But gently caress it, why bother? Richie Incognito has this in the bag so my effort shall be saved for a future round.

• Locked thread