Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Contador crushing souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
AC riding a soft front tire? No

drat this is a great bike race

Withnail fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 15, 2014

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Contadors losing it. This is great.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
zoinkies

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
gently caress yeah, american wins the dauphine

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
:patriot:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

What a loving race. Many fingernails died in the last 5km.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

What an astonishing stage. Contador with an absolutely epic ride to try and defend the yellow and the overall potentially going to one of several people. Incredible.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

First Tika Taka dies and now the sky train. Clearly my prayers and animal sacrifices have been working. Really happy for talansky, garmin are cool and he did so well to hold on when he started drifting back.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
One of the best stage of the year. Will be interesting to see Talansky in the TDF, though he downplayed his chance in the post race interview.
Great for VDB too, he made a nice come back after his bad injury last year.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Final results:

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Mr.Nice posted:

It will be hard to control for Saxo tomorrow, Contador will mark Froome closely, Talansky could take advantage of this.

What's it like being a prophet?

Brilliant race. Sagan doing well in the TDS climbs too. Going to be a fantastic TDF.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Wtf I go on an all day bike date and I miss the best race day of the year, wtf happened to Froome?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Probably realized he didn't have the legs to win it and, to a degree, sat up. He just wasn't going to gain time on Contador.

Best he keeps a lower profile right now anyway. This corticosteroids story seems to have legs.

fartmanteau posted:

Yeah, good call.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Not a big Talansky fan myself, dude seems dumb as a pile of rocks but that was a great ride by him and Alberto. There is a glimmer of hope now. Great race. Froome needs to go away for a while, lets all pray.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Pocket posted:

Wtf I go on an all day bike date and I miss the best race day of the year, wtf happened to Froome?

Looked like he was on a sunday ride, guess he didn't want to be seen chasing down a rampand contador at the moment

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I can understand him realizing he's not the rider Contador is and then riding his own race but dropping out of the top 10 all together! This was a race Sky had selected their best riders for him to win it.

Wonder how busy Bradley's phone was yesterday.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006

fartmanteau posted:

I should practice what I preach, I could have make good money on this.
Speaking of bet, Froome still favourite for TDF, contador went from 4 to 2.40 and Froome from 1.40 to 1.80

Here is the Top 10 odds for TDF

and here is a bunch of video from yesterday stage :

Mindgames from Froome, Contador, Talansky in Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 (2min34 , 33km to go)
Chris Froome attacking from Alberto Contador in Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 (0min55, 29km to go)
Vincenzo Nibali attacking Froome and Contador! Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 (1min01 , 28km to)
Alberto Contador attacking Chris Froome in Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 (0min54, 22.7km to go)

Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 - FINAL KILOMETERS (25min, 10km to go)
Arrivée Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré 2014 stage 8 (FR 28min 18km to go)
Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré 2014 etapa 8 (FR 41min 18km to go,longer but quality is worse than the video above)

Also, Armstrong is back in the peloton.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Been a lot of good races all year. More proof the Tour will loving blow though.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Froome cracked hard and I guess decided there was no point in trying to chase down Contador once he'd got free. Well done to Talansky.

If this crit has done anything, its exposed that Sky have a very weak team this year, and Tinkoff Saxo are also vulnerable.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Mr.Nice posted:

I should practice what I preach, I could have make good money on this.
Speaking of bet, Froome still favourite for TDF, contador went from 4 to 2.40 and Froome from 1.40 to 1.80

Here is the Top 10 odds for TDF

and here is a bunch of video from yesterday stage :

Mindgames from Froome, Contador, Talansky in Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 (2min34 , 33km to go)
Chris Froome attacking from Alberto Contador in Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 (0min55, 29km to go)
Vincenzo Nibali attacking Froome and Contador! Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 (1min01 , 28km to)
Alberto Contador attacking Chris Froome in Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 (0min54, 22.7km to go)

Critérium du Dauphine 2014 - Stage 8 - FINAL KILOMETERS (25min, 10km to go)
Arrivée Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré 2014 stage 8 (FR 28min 18km to go)
Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré 2014 etapa 8 (FR 41min 18km to go,longer but quality is worse than the video above)

Also, Armstrong is back in the peloton.

Those are pretty tempting odds for porte and van de broek

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Those are pretty tempting odds for porte and van de broek

Valverde might be worth a shout. Hes been quietly ticking along this year and Movistar are very strong.

Porte isnt going to do anything spectacular imo.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Looks like Wiggins is either too fat or doesn't give a gently caress anymore.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Porte's been crook off and on all year and looks pretty underdone, not that hed be allowed to do poo poo unless Froome died or got banned or some poo poo.
Valverde lol.
Rodriguez will never happen :smith:
Nibbles looks ordinary and winning a Tour is a bit different to a Giro.
I have no clue what TJ's story is.
Talansky thieving the Dauphine doesnt mean a whole lot.
VDB has been looking alright-ish.
I guess what Im saying is Bert is our only hope besides some Pereiro level hilarity.

What exactly is Wiggans' deal ATM? He wanted to do the tour buy SKY said no, so hes chucking a tanty? There was never a doubt Froome would be leader and Wiggo knew that surely. If he wanted to do the tour in support of Froome why would SKY say no? (besides being poo poo) Its all rhetorical in a way begause IDGAF about Froome/Wiggans rubbish besides from the soap opera/schadenfreude angle.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I think Nibali will be on the 3rd step of the podium. He is still building form and according to his coach hasn't done top end work. Not to mention he has always been a diesel climber. Last week of the tour is still a month off.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Phinney has been posting some pictures and vines concerning his leg on twitter. I never heard anything about the severity of the leg break before, but holy poo poo it must have been gnarly. Stitches from knee to low shin.

https://twitter.com/taylorphinney

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Wiggins dropped out of the TdS due to injuries and chest infection.

Cav crashes today, Modolo picks up the broken pieces:

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/13190

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 19, 2014

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Gibbo posted:

Phinney has been posting some pictures and vines concerning his leg on twitter. I never heard anything about the severity of the leg break before, but holy poo poo it must have been gnarly. Stitches from knee to low shin.

https://twitter.com/taylorphinney

He was in such good form this year too! He seems pretty positive, which is good to see. Hopefully he can recover and be competitive next year.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Tony Martin, in yellow, leads out his team mate, Trentin and splits the peloton in the final 1k by himself. What a monster.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/sporten/v-wielrennen/v-Ronde_van_zwitserland/MV_140619_RvZw_Laatste_km_rit_6

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-fails-to-stop-us-federal-government-lawsuit-going-ahead

The judge has dismissed Armstrongs attempt to dismiss the lawsuit case. Hes going to get done for $100m dollars and end up destitute. Considering what he did to people who called him a cheat he deserves everything.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

SPD-SL - Day 1

'Tis but a scratch but it's a good job it was first thing in the morning and there was no traffic.

Rookie mistake - cruised up to a junction, slowed to a complete stop and only then remembered my feet. I just toppled sideways in a heap. loving things.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

SPD-SL - Day 1

'Tis but a scratch but it's a good job it was first thing in the morning and there was no traffic.

Rookie mistake - cruised up to a junction, slowed to a complete stop and only then remembered my feet. I just toppled sideways in a heap. loving things.

We've all done that mate and anyone that claims they havent is a big fat liar.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I did it by Piccadilly Circus with about 10,000 people watching

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

It's hot again today. I will be surprised (but also kinda not cause he's a beast) if Tony Martin can hold on to yellow today. It going to be a good battle up to Verbier with a tail wind up.

Pocket fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 21, 2014

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Lol, Andy Schleck dropped by Tony Martin on the climb.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

He also dropped Cadel Evans.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Kilmers Elbow posted:

SPD-SL - Day 1

1)Wrong thread. Talk about falling off of your bike here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515357

2)Do you not know how to fall or have any sort of reaction time? There's no reason you should skin a knee falling sideways at 0km/h

Withnail posted:

Lol, Andy Schleck dropped by Tony Martin on the climb.
I'm pretty sure some of the goons that race could drop Andy Schleck at this point.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Gibbo posted:

1)Wrong thread. Talk about falling off of your bike here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515357
Thanks.

I did look for a suitable thread - although I'd have sooner looked in FYAD before YLLS (which I thought was just fashion stuff).

quote:

There's no reason you should skin a knee falling sideways at 0km/h

There is when your leg is blindly and reflexively flailing about trying to break free from it's Shimano prison as you topple over.....:iamafag:

But still....it's only Day 1.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

SPD-SL - Day 1

That is not very PRO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
Tony Martin is a beast for hanging around to finish 4th overall in GC after that stage.

• Locked thread