Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dema
Aug 13, 2006

Wow. Kittel is really head and shoulders. That was just silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Surprised no one crashed in that last km. And holy poo poo Kittel!

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
That was impressive by Kittel, it will be hard for Cav in TDF to beat him.

Stage 3

Scarponi and Niemiec crashed today.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Ireland would have been an awesome setting for a stage for the roleurs. Instead, a TTT and 2 sprint stages.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

The Women's Tour of Britain is going off with a real bang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib2Dp4foYrg

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lol

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

dema posted:

Correct. I didn't watch the stage and thought Dan was still in the game. Major bummer.

Anyone doing any of the California stages? I'll be out on Diablo on Tuesday.

I'm thinking of heading out there. What time are you heading up?

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps
I'm running a Giro sweep at work, I need to find an updated list of the GC that includes riders that have withdrawn. Currently I'm plucking names off a menu from Steephill.tv and its a bit tedious.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I Am Not Spor posted:

I'm thinking of heading out there. What time are you heading up?

IDK yet. Probably heading out early, parking in Dublin or something and riding for a few hours before they come through.

Brutal video of the Garmin TTT crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvCMG2qzWM

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

dema posted:

IDK yet. Probably heading out early, parking in Dublin or something and riding for a few hours before they come through.

I was planning on getting there early enough for a 50/60 mile ride and Diablo, so if you feel like riding with someone from the internet shoot me an email: mooo90@gmail.com

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Looks like Wiggins has cranked his doping to the max, and with the head of the UCI's own son employed by Team Sky, he must not have much to worry about.

StillAsian
Jul 7, 2004

I Am Not Spor posted:

I was planning on getting there early enough for a 50/60 mile ride and Diablo

I'm riding up with some friends from Pleasant Hill BART. I'll be in full bear pope!

Hope I see you guys!

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I'm going to try and park nearish the South Gate at like 10am ride up and down the mountain for a while. Refuel at the car as needed. Then eventually, before the pros come through, park myself a little below the bike check.

I'll be wearing a white/grey Strava kit and riding a grey Ritchey. Yell at me if you see me.

And I'm bummed Phinney didn't take it today.

StillAsian
Jul 7, 2004

dema posted:

I'm going to try and park nearish the South Gate at like 10am ride up and down the mountain for a while. Refuel at the car as needed. Then eventually, before the pros come through, park myself a little below the bike check.

I'll be wearing a white/grey Strava kit and riding a grey Ritchey. Yell at me if you see me.

I have a feeling you'd recognize me before I see you.

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
Did they get the cheapest, shittiest moto-cam setups they could for the Tour of California or what? Clear blue skies, seemingly no trees around, and constant picture loss.

Wiggo looks like he's in fantastic TT form. It'll be fun to see him put time in on Froome at the Tour on the TT stages.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Uppity Catamite posted:

I have a feeling you'd recognize me before I see you.

ugh is it the new ugly bearpope or the old not so bad stuff

StillAsian
Jul 7, 2004

Gibbo posted:

ugh is it the new ugly bearpope or the old not so bad stuff

New, newer is always better

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Iron Beagle posted:

Did they get the cheapest, shittiest moto-cam setups they could for the Tour of California or what? Clear blue skies, seemingly no trees around, and constant picture loss.

It's NBC; their coverage is poo poo.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Uppity Catamite posted:

New, newer is always better

You are the reason I can't get a replacement pair of gloves or hat. Bearpope is not a team. And that green is hideous.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 13, 2014

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Crazy finish and impressive win by Bouhani today in Italia, he had a mechanical 25km from the finish and managed to win.

Stage 4

Kittel abandons the Giro d'Italia.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
"80% of success is just showing up." Woody Allen Nacer Bouhanni

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
Going to be a hot one out there for the Tour of California climb up Diablo. Not as hot as last year's Tramway climb, but it'll still play some roll I'm sure.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I'm sure most of you have seen this by now but it's much cooler than the usual bike-cam footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7aH1bn6yUI

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
Here is a webpage with lots of great GIFs of riders sliding around on today's Giro stage.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/De-la-greve-au-bowling/464948

Midget Fist posted:

I'm sure most of you have seen this by now but it's much cooler than the usual bike-cam footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7aH1bn6yUI

I saw Mark Renshaw tweet that earlier today, but I am going to watch it again.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Can I just say again how poo poo the video coverage is?

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
You can, honestly could the feed have stuttered any more?

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002
I tuned in for the first time tonight and almost just immediately turned it off. My wife asked why I was watching lovely internet streams of guys on bicycles on the tv.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

lovely internet pirate feeds are better than this.

StillAsian
Jul 7, 2004
At least I saw myself in the bearpope kit right before they cut to commercial!

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Russian Bear posted:

lovely internet pirate feeds are better than this.

And to think; there were three (3) helicopters in the air.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Is the Giro coveraged hosed for everyone or is this just an Australian thing?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

hosed in what way exactly? It's not even on German TV so I'm watching a stream of Eurosport UK, and there's pictures at least. Really skimpy on the gap times though, and right now not even distance remaining. The website is also really rickety. So, kinda?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Back in the good old days (2yrs ago) they ran their own free stream on their site. That was p sweat, didn't realize how awesome it was until they stopped doing it :(

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its sorted itself out now but around the beginning all the mobile cameras were artefacty and freezy and they just went to hard cameras at the finish for about 20 minutes.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, there's a fair amount of signal loss. Not as bad as the Tour of California, but noticeable.

One thing I don't like about Eurosport UK's broadcast is that the one guy will enthusiastically formulate a truism and then ask Sean Kelly "Isn't that right, Sean?", and then Sean always agrees with him in the flattest tone of voice for a minute or two and I zone out. He virtually never volunteers anything.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Pleased for Cuddles and Matty!

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Finish was fun to watch, looking good for Cadel to take pink tomorrow.

Stage 5 Finish

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Ulissi has a bright future ahead. Good finishing speed Cuddles, didn't expect to see that out of the old timer.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I'm glad we didn't get to see the best of the rest sprint finish because who wants to see that. Great job NBC, you incompetent poppy cocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Russian Bear posted:

I'm glad we didn't get to see the best of the rest sprint finish because who wants to see that. Great job NBC, you incompetent poppy cocks.

Cali coverage continues to be just weird. Time gaps and distance to the finish didn't seem to be accurate. At least CVV is speaking up a bit more in the booth and keeping Phil and Paul from talking utter nonsense all the time.

• Locked thread