Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

godspeed table breaking guy. You should add a gold ring to the Whole World in his Hands sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Its finals week starting Wednesday, I got to answer a phone call for a chance for a museum job interview that would be on Tuesday, and I'm graduating Saturday. I should feel incredibly stressed and probably not watch this predicatable PPV, but you know after giving a good presentation in front of my peers and teachers (well apparently one thought it was only an 81% which brought the overall average down to 87 :argh:) And getting that free kindle fire HD because I did those dumb college email surveys; I just don't feel stressed anymore and nothing seems to bring me down now; I'm ready for extreme wrestleman action :unsmith:

Also I want to avoid hearing about the Pens game because that will actually bring me down and get me sad :smith:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

You should make your letters thicker :colbert:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

triplexpac posted:

You should make your letters thicker :colbert:

We have since that photo

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

kidcoelacanth posted:

We have since that photo

Good :colbert: :colbert:

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Also I want to avoid hearing about the Pens game because that will actually bring me down and get me sad :smith:

:smith::hf::smith: you and me both buddy

If Cena wins it'll be a pretty lame way to throw away this certainly interesting take on his stagnant as gently caress character, though I figure Bray'll find some way to salvage something out of it if that happens! Hoping Tamina won't knock out Paige's teeth at least, super excited for Evolution vs Shield.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Valeyard posted:

due to the archaic modship I cant tell you what happened last night

If you're talking about being probated for posting your wrestling dreams then it's not because nobody wanted to read those but you

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
The entire build for Cena/Wyatt is about "Wyatt spreading his message; the WWE Universe is listening; Cena is even getting a little scared". NY/NJ crowds are notoriously smarky, and a pop for Wyatt winning will play directly into this (setting up a 3rd match for Cena to win the feud probably). I really think Wyatt's winning here.

I will be at the event tonight and I think the card is in "solid, not great" territory. I have a feeling Kane/Bryan will be better than people think.

I also managed to enjoy Battleground when I went to that one, so I think I'll be good. :toot:

vvvv admittedly this is a decent counterpoint

The Landstander fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 4, 2014

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Landstander posted:

I really think Wyatt's winning here.

Counterpoint: John Cena

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The build has been "Wyatt is a horrible man who is brainwashing everyone including children to listen to his horrible message" so in storyline he needs to get his rear end kicked and lose.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Daniel Bryan posted:

The build has been "Wyatt is a horrible man who is brainwashing everyone including children to listen to his horrible message" so in storyline he needs to get his rear end kicked and lose.

And yet on the other hand, gently caress John Cena.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Hornswoggle is gonna be great in his role as "dude who gets hit by all of El Torito's awesome moves".

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Isn't it pretty much always "the heel should lose" in storyline

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Isn't it pretty much always "the heel should lose" in storyline

Yes but people are making up excuses on why Wyatt is actually the good guy and should win because they really like Bray.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yes but people are making up excuses on why Wyatt is actually the good guy and should win because they really like Bray.

Also, when the storyline is "the crowd is evil John Cena is good!" the crowd might loving resent that.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yeah in terms of things like "characters" and "smarky crowds" which don't actually exist in storyline

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Literally no one is saying that he's a good guy, it's just that it would make sense in terms of the story to get a win in what will likely be a continuing feud.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think Cena should win and hope that happens because the meltdowns will be hilarious

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The build has also been that Cena totally needs to get bray wyatt alone in a cage so he can sort this out once and for all without family interference, but he won at mania and was going to win 3 vs 1 vs them too on raw and then got mad at the crowd for feeding him to the wolves when he was perfectly capable of winning the match and.... so I've stopped trying to work out what booking makes sense for the story anymore. I want Wyatt to win, I will be cynically unsurprised if Cena wins and have predicted a such to dare the cosmos to prove me wrong. Wyatt is definitely strong enough in promos and over enough to take a loss here and not be completely buried but he really shouldn't have to be taking one.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I just don't think they're going to end the feud now. It's still hot and interesting, it feels like a midpoint. Wyatt winning (probably thanks to Harper and Rowan) gives him a notable win, sets up a third match for Cena to win with the even higher stakes now that Wyatt's message has escaped the cage or whatever. I mention the crowd because it is a safe bet they'll be pro-Wyatt and cheer when he wins.

"The message is spreading, Maggle!"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The storyline of this feud has been "we'd rather turn the crowd heel than our sacred cash cow JOHN CENA."

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

The build has also been that Cena totally needs to get bray wyatt alone in a cage so he can sort this out once and for all without family interference, but he won at mania and was going to win 3 vs 1 vs them too on raw and then got mad at the crowd for feeding him to the wolves when he was perfectly capable of winning the match and.... so I've stopped trying to work out what booking makes sense for the story anymore. I want Wyatt to win, I will be cynically unsurprised if Cena wins and have predicted a such to dare the cosmos to prove me wrong. Wyatt is definitely strong enough in promos and over enough to take a loss here and not be completely buried but he really shouldn't have to be taking one.
Yeah the cage makes sense on paper but they've built and booked it completely wrong so the heat on it is nil and the only good that can come of it is Wyatt winning

Yes, Cena is a face and you're supposed to want him to win, but you don't because the stakes are nonexistent and it accomplishes nothing

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

This feud has been really interesting, but the fact that they've been the fans heel for not liking John Cena just feels like the most desperate and sad thing they've done in awhile with Cena's crowd reactions. "gently caress you, you're evil for not enjoying Cena's lovely photoshops! You must be being brainwashed by this interesting new character, don't worry, John'll shut him up and then you'll love his lovely photoshops again!"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sweeney Tom posted:

I think Cena should win and hope that happens because the meltdowns will be hilarious

I think Cena should win, but snap and get violent in the process.

I expect this whole thing to be about on the level of a particularly good RAW, but I'm okay with that since it's basically free. God bless the network for not making me have to decide whether to get B-level PPVs that still have a chance of being good (like this one).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dimebags Brain posted:

The storyline of this feud has been "we'd rather turn the crowd heel than our sacred cash cow JOHN CENA."

At the same time, turning the crowd heel is at least new. It's kind of interesting.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
To be fair, Cena has done no wrong. He has stood for Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect and fought for you and America this whole time. Why do you hate this man?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

To be fair, Cena has done no wrong. He has stood for Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect and fought for you and America this whole time. Why do you hate this man?

sucks at photoshop

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Daniel Bryan posted:

America hates a dynasty. America loathes a dynasty from the northeast.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

This feud has been really interesting, but the fact that they've been the fans heel for not liking John Cena just feels like the most desperate and sad thing they've done in awhile with Cena's crowd reactions. "gently caress you, you're evil for not enjoying Cena's lovely photoshops! You must be being brainwashed by this interesting new character, don't worry, John'll shut him up and then you'll love his lovely photoshops again!"

Although to be fair, Cena winning decisively and the fans hating him even more would be fantastic. :allears:

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
What is it with kids and john cena by the way?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oatgan posted:

his twitter meltdown was the real best part about wrestlemania

I didn't hear about this can you link it?

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

TheEggsBenedict posted:

What is it with kids and john cena by the way?

What was it with Hulk Hogan and kids? He's a superhero, kids like superheroes. They crush the bad guys, and they're nice. And after all, kids are the best fans, so why wouldn't Cena care about them?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope the DolphinFan who spoils the card gets burned again even though card is pretty predictable

I'm shocked he didn't commit ritual suicide or something after his WM breakdown.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I didn't hear about this can you link it?

https://twitter.com/DolphinsReddit

Read everything on Apr 6

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sunsweet posted:

What was it with Hulk Hogan and kids? He's a superhero, kids like superheroes. They crush the bad guys, and they're nice. And after all, kids are the best fans, so why wouldn't Cena care about them?

And unlike Hogan, Cena doesn't cheat or turn on his friends for the crime of "being eliminated by them in a free-for-all match." Cena is the real Superman Hogan pretended to be when he was really just a petty dick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's beautiful :allears:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

MY SOURCE has been dishonest with me, I can't continue ruining wrestling anymore :qq: :qq: :qq:. He has a LOT of explaining to do to me, who is entitled to this information for reasons.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

IcePhoenix posted:

That's beautiful :allears:
Especially more beautiful because the guy acts like he is some crusader of change in the WWE because him posting spoilers to the PPV will cause the WWE to be more unpredictable.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

If you're talking about being probated for posting your wrestling dreams then it's not because nobody wanted to read those but you

yeah but i dont want to read most of the bad opinions on here either and i still have to :P

evolution match is going to own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

Although to be fair, Cena winning decisively and the fans hating him even more would be fantastic. :allears:

It is also the most likely scenario.

• Locked thread