Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah I was really only reluctant to pick you because 2 Bards, and Bard songs generally cannot be used at the same time.

Then I looked and Call to Battle effects allies while Eviscerating Wit effects enemies. So it should be possible to have me doing Call to Battle while you do Eviscerating Wit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I was just being funny, guys. I'm not upset. But thanks for the concern, that's very rare on the internet. :)

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

kingcom posted:

Don't worry, in retrospect we realised that your an offensive bard while ryuujin is a defensive bard, so it actually is a pretty decent combo. Everyone in the party can buff like crazy.

No I can't

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
drat this thread blew up fast.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Yeah things will move quickly now.

For anyone catching up:
1) Everyone is in.
2) There are two teams
3) Go read everything and figure out what team you are on.
4) Don't stop posting.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Lol

ritorix posted:

4) Don't stop posting.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

ritorix posted:

Yeah things will move quickly now.

For anyone catching up:
1) Everyone is in.
2) There are two teams
3) Go read everything and figure out what team you are on.
4) Don't stop posting.

Can people tag their posts as what team they are?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Probably would be a good idea, though the teams are now currently in two different threads.

[D&D 5E] Dead in Thay, Team Heart

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Team one sticks to the main thread, team two in their own thread. The team captains can cross-communicate.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
:frogsiren: Houserule #1!

We are using 4e movement rules for diagonals. No 5-10-5 poo poo.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

:wave: Team Heart

:drat:

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Alright good luck with all this. I'm going to sleep :p

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

ritorix posted:

maybes
father wendigo - rogue?
UGH GOD I SAID I'D POST IT EVENTUALLY, DAD.

I got busier than I expected and I'll post my char sheet tomorrow, soes I can hop in if someone drops out.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
It's likely that someone will drop with this many players. If they do and you have a character on deck you are in.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

ritorix posted:

Alright good luck with all this. I'm going to sleep :p

I'll get my ini up sometime tonight in my drunken stupor.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I apologize for being late to the game. I'm working on a paper right now.

By the way, did I do use the action economy correctly? It's been a while since I played D&D.

Can't believe my second roll of the night was a nat 1, just saying.

(This the OCC thread, right?)

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
The smugwizard narration is loving great, by the way :golfclap:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Covok posted:

I apologize for being late to the game. I'm working on a paper right now.

By the way, did I do use the action economy correctly? It's been a while since I played D&D.

Can't believe my second roll of the night was a nat 1, just saying.

(This the OCC thread, right?)

The action economy is pretty different now. Theres no such thing as a quick action anymore. You just have a move and an action. Drawing a weapon can be freely combined with a move or an action though so it doesn't change your turn.

Covok
May 27, 2013

kingcom posted:

The action economy is pretty different now. Theres no such thing as a quick action anymore. You just have a move and an action. Drawing a weapon can be freely combined with a move or an action though so it doesn't change your turn.

Interesting. So are all former, general quick actions now free actions?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Covok posted:

Interesting. So are all former, general quick actions now free actions?

Using items are standard actions, I dont think anything else actually exists as an action anymore.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Do you want us to post our character sheets if we are using a premade? Also I wanted to prepare these spells.

lvl1
2 cure wounds
1 bless
1 sanctuary

lvl2
1 zone of truth
1 magic weapon

Vire fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 7, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Vire posted:

Do you want us to post our character sheets if we are using a premade?

"Manage all character sheets here in the recruit page. Don't do the normal thing of posting a sheet up in the first post of the game thread."

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

goodness posted:

"Manage all character sheets here in the recruit page. Don't do the normal thing of posting a sheet up in the first post of the game thread."

Right but I was asking if he wanted us to put it in a text block format here or is the pdf link in the first post of this thread enough. I read what he said.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Vire posted:

Right but I was asking if he wanted us to put it in a text block format here or is the pdf link in the first post of this thread enough. I read what he said.

I don't think anyone else has posted something, so you are probably good.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Whoops misunderstood how spell slots work ok those are the four.

Cure Wounds, Bless, Sanctuary, Zone of Truth.

The sheet seems to be wrong it says you can only do half your level+1 but it list the character having prepared way more.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Vire posted:

Whoops misunderstood how spell slots work ok those are the four.

Cure Wounds, Bless, Sanctuary, Zone of Truth.

The sheet seems to be wrong it says you can only do half your level+1 but it list the character having prepared way more.

I have not played a cleric, but the sheet says you can prepare your level+1 and also domain spells.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

goodness posted:

I have not played a cleric, but the sheet says you can prepare your level+1 and also domain spells.

Ah good call I went into the character creation rules for paladin and they listed spells I get based on my oath automatically.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Well, gently caress. Last night, on the campus computer, only the top of the map loaded. So, I stupidly thought that was just a zoomed in battle map. Also thought there was only 1 fie elemental because I don't read, apparently. Welp, not exactly in the best position now. Sorry guys, I hosed up.

Should have probably healed instead of fought this round as well.

Covok fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 7, 2014

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Covok posted:

Well, gently caress. Last night, on the campus computer, only the top of the map loaded. So, I stupidly thought that was just a zoomed in battle map. Also thought there was only 1 fie elemental because I don't read, apparently. Welp, not exactly in the best position now. Sorry guys, I hosed up.

Should have probably healed instead of fought this round as well.

Oh well, the worst that can happen is you will die horribly and we will laugh about it.
\
:smugwizard:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Im about to post, just trying to figure out this dice rolling. Last time I actually played a game of D&D was like 6 years ago.

edit: Orokos is down :negative:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
From these elemental stats, sounds like we're about to get hosed on... swing hard, swing true. Ganja Mage, save us with your dank magics.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

goodness posted:

edit: Orokos is down :negative:

There's IRC bots and whatnot too, I dont really care how it gets rolled.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Orokos is going up and down you should be able to use it if you keep trying its up now as I am posting this.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

What distance does each square on the grid represent?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

5 ft 4e-style movement

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

5 ft 4e-style movement

Ok thanks. Got my ini rolled, casting a spell says to use Ranged Attack Roll. What would that consist of? Trying to catch up on rules since I never even played 4E :(

Is everything just a 1d20 pretty much?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

goodness posted:

Ok thanks. Got my ini rolled, casting a spell says to use Ranged Attack Roll. What would that consist of? Trying to catch up on rules since I never even played 4E :(

4E movement just means no dumb bullshit don't worry about it just use common sense. If you want to get technical before you could only move from the faces of squares and not in diagonals (corner to corner). It makes no sense and makes traveling diagonal cost 2x the movement so he house ruled it out.

Covok
May 27, 2013

ritorix posted:

Oh well, the worst that can happen is you will die horribly and we will laugh about it.
\
:smugwizard:

If I manage to die in the first fight, I'll laugh along with you.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Ranged attack roll is 1d20 + your Dex modifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

goodness posted:

A magic attack uses the attacker’s relevant magic ability score, which is usually determined by class. For instance, mages use Intelligence.

so 1d20+4 for you.

edit: dunno if you add your proficiency bonus too as well in that case it would be +6 DnD next is a mystery to me as well.

Vire fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 8, 2014

• Locked thread