Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Vire posted:

A magic attack uses the attacker’s relevant magic ability score, which is usually determined by class. For instance, mages use Intelligence.

so 1d20+4 for you.

Oops, forgot to add the intelligence score to my attack. So that would have been +10. Hit him anyway so its all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
+proficiency bonus too.

So something like a ray of frost is 1d20+int+proficiency.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

ritorix posted:

+proficiency bonus too.

So something like a ray of frost is 1d20+int+proficiency.

I thought the proficiency only gets added to the DC Resist?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

goodness posted:

I thought the proficiency only gets added to the DC Resist?

It's probably both I doubt even mearls would make it that punishing to hit for wizards.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Vire posted:

It's probably both I doubt even mearls would make it that punishing to hit for wizards.

All I can find on the sheet right now is this

"Magic Ability. Intelligence is your magic ability
for your mage spells. The saving throw DC to resist
one of your spells equals 8 + your Intelligence modi-
fier. If you are holding a magic focus—a component
pouch, orb, rod, staff, wand, or your spellbook—when
you cast a spell, you add your proficiency bonus to the
spell’s saving throw DC."

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Look at the spell description.

Make a ranged attack roll against that
creature, with a +6 bonus to the attack roll. On a hit,
the target takes 2d8 cold damage, and its speed is
reduced by 10 feet until your next turn.

They basically did the math for you. 6 comes from 4int + 2 proficiency.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

ritorix posted:

Look at the spell description.

Ah, yeah it does say make the ranged attack roll.

Thanks!

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Halloween Jack posted:

I think my shield interrupts attacks, so how do I make use of that in PbP?

I'll answer that here so everyone sees.

If anyone wants to use a reaction ability, like shield block for the fighter, try to resolve as much as possible.

For example, if you are shield blocking, that gives the attacker disadvantage. All you have to do is look at the orokos roll I made for the monster's attack, and go into orokos and make another one with the exact same bonus. Disadvantage means use the lowest roll, so if your roll misses whoever, the attack misses and you can narrate that and whatever in your blocking post.

If you cant figure it out just say 'I shield block' and let me resolve it, but that can take longer.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Are there still 2 elementals on Pragor?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

quote:

And now, it's time for a teaching moment! covok just managed to provoke a pair of opportunity attacks from the nearby elementals! This happens whenever you move away from an enemy. You can move around them without triggering this, but moving away without withdrawing gives them a free attack. Let's see how Sandy makes out.

Well, when it rains, it pours apparently. Good thing I can heal.

Edit: Since this has already become relevant, what are rules on character death? Do I just lose XP and start over or am I out period?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

goodness posted:

Are there still 2 elementals on Pragor?

Yes, the last 2. With pragor are bro and colbert.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Covok posted:

Well, when it rains, it pours apparently. Good thing I can heal.

Edit: Since this has already become relevant, what are rules on character death? Do I just lose XP and start over or am I out period?

When you get to less than 0 hp, you drop to the group and have to make stabilization rolls until you fail 3 of them or someone gets you up.

If you straight up die you drop all your souls and have to make a run back to your corpse from the nearest bonfire your character is gone by default but i dont know what ritorix is planning.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ritorix posted:

Oh hey look it was only Krag's turn, I don't know wtf the rest of you are doing. Monsters are up next.

I'm sorry. I thought initiative block was the order of turns. I bet, since the monsters attacked me then Kragg went, Juliet thought they had their turn and the turn order had come around. When I saw Juliet went, I did the same without thinking.

Whoops!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
I predict I will spend the next round beatin' on bitches with my axe. How much half-damage-immune-to-errything do I have to chop through before I get to the verisimilitude.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Not bad Krakskull 37 damage in one round (at least before the reduction).

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Vire posted:

Not bad Krakskull 37 damage in one round (at least before the reduction).

All the mobs will taste my half-orcish pain! Or so I hope... At least that time he did some damage.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I guess Team Golden Ballin continues Northwest in the same order?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

goodness posted:

I guess Team Golden Ballin continues Northwest in the same order?

Yeah I don't see why not there is nothing really on the map that suggests one way is better than another.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Ill be home in a couple hours, if nobody gets close before then Ill launch an AoE at the Earth Moms

Covok
May 27, 2013

Edit: Nevermind, looks like that was discussed before.

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 10, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

Does this mean I can either concentrate and keep the spell up for as long as I do, or just let it do its thing for 1min before burning out?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

goodness posted:

Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

Does this mean I can either concentrate and keep the spell up for as long as I do, or just let it do its thing for 1min before burning out?

While you're concentrating on this spell, you can't cast another spell that also has Concentration. Well, you can, but the first spell ends. Also the spell stops if you suffer a severe distraction or fall unconscious. Moving and attacking do not break Concentration. The rules for it are in the How to Play file, page 28.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Before I go ahead with my turn, I do have to maintain bardic performance for the party to gain the benefit of call to battle, right?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Covok posted:

Before I go ahead with my turn, I do have to maintain bardic performance for the party to gain the benefit of call to battle, right?

It takes up Concentration, yes. You can still fight or whatever.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Am I right in assuming "Any creature that starts its turn within 5 feet of" includes PCs?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Yes.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

goodness posted:

Am I right in assuming "Any creature that starts its turn within 5 feet of" includes PCs?

Can't you move it behind the elemental?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Vire posted:

Can't you move it behind the elemental?

Yeah, that was when I was trying to plan the best place while it was still underground.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

goodness posted:

Yeah, that was when I was trying to plan the best place while it was still underground.

Ah ok. Just saw that it needs an action to move. Thats pretty silly.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Yo Pragor, the elemental surfaced last update.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

quote:

Earth Elemental 1 (31/68HP AC13, resists nonmagical weapons, immune to lots of poo poo) underground

I was just confused by the underground tag at the end there. In either case, I'm going to try and whack the poo poo out of it with my maul.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Doc Idle, barbs definitely get str and con save proficiency, not dex like the sheet says. So you should make the save.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
For the athletics check I did +5 STR, +2 Prof. Bonus. For CON check I did +2 CON bonus only. Do I have a proficiency save on that?

e: On the CON saving throw, do I just get the Prof. Bonus +2 as well?

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 12, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Yeah.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I would just like to let team ballsack know that team heart is already out of their collapsing pocket plane :smugwizard:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

kingcom posted:

I would just like to let team ballsack know that team heart is already out of their collapsing pocket plane :smugwizard:

Hey man, we are just enjoying the scenery and ambling along. :350:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
I was gonna post this in the game thread:

ritorix posted:

The elemental is somehow still alive, so it attacks again!

Earth Elemental vs COLBERT: 2#1d20+6 24 18 2#2d6+4 13 12

Yikes! It hits for 13.

quote:

Bronan defends!

Attack roll of 24 becomes 15!
Hope that's cool, saved some of Justice's just skin from unjust deserts.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
I'm trying to get fancy here bear with me. I'll credit back his HP.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Alright I've never tried a pbp fight with this many players before, let's see what happens. What can possibly go wrong? :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Ganja Elf prevails through the power of :350:

Can I make an action and then move, or is it only move>action?

goodness fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 14, 2014

• Locked thread