Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

goodness posted:

Ganja Elf prevails through the power of :350:

Can I make an action and then move, or is it only move>action?

Either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
I always knew that Mennek guy was some kind of turncoat

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

P.d0t posted:

I always knew that Mennek guy was some kind of turncoat

The person who helped us in the beginning ended up betraying us? We're definitely dealing with 'professional' game writers here.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Well he is also a Thayan. Sooooo. And technically he isn't so much betraying as running away and summoning a Demon, a Demon with a sword stuck in it that promises to kill our enemy if we free it from the sword. Which of course is not a terrible idea at all.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
WHAT A TWIST!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Ryuujin posted:

Well he is also a Thayan. Sooooo. And technically he isn't so much betraying as running away and summoning a Demon, a Demon with a sword stuck in it that promises to kill our enemy if we free it from the sword. Which of course is not a terrible idea at all.

Krag Hack thinks this is a reasonable plan, so really nobody should be stupid enough to fall for it.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Ganja Elf Now is your chance Aoe these dudes who are all together. If you can avoid me I would appreciate it otherwise don't worry and just gently caress them up!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Vire posted:

Ganja Elf Now is your chance Aoe these dudes who are all together. If you can avoid me I would appreciate it otherwise don't worry and just gently caress them up!

If only it was my turn :(

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Can I attack and dodge at the same time, if I don't move? And can I cast a Swift spell at the same time as well?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
You get one action and one move per round. Dodge is an action, so is Attack, so no you can't do both. See the cheat sheet: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5x7sgceEOgibHVIR09lSUdpeEU/edit?usp=sharing

Spells with a casting time of 'swift' do not take an action, they have special rules, basically you combine them with an action.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

ritorix posted:

Tarul Var laughs and waves his hand at Krag. As a reaction, he casts counterspell. The Cure Wounds fizzles and does nothing. Krag remains at 10HP.

:flaccid:

This was such a dickmove, ho-ly.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

P.d0t posted:

This was such a dickmove, ho-ly.

Thanks Obama.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
gently caress 5e that is all~

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
This is glorious. 5e best e.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Can I just heal Montgomery with a spell or do I have to stabilize him first?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Any healing gets him up.

Stabilizing is something anyone can do, but that just prevents someone from dieing to death saves.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
So yeah this is a gimmick game with Colbert characters and whatnot, but I'll give a serious post about it. What's actually happening in this big battle is the sort of near-wipe tension that 4e was really good at. 5e literally has the 4e death save mechanic bolted on. So you can wipe out a PC's HP with all sorts of bullshit ('omg a cloudkill!') but it doesn't really kill them, they just go down and any healing gets them right back up. Actually killing someone more or less requires the ultimate dickmove, the coup-de-grace.

Still, hitting 0 means that poo poo is getting real, and the chatter in the game's irc shot right up as people started to hit the ground. Suddenly people are caring about what happens to their joke characters, or at least pissed that they are dropping. Someone even started shouting orders and battle plans, because getting out of the current situation will take a group effort and require people to pay attention. As a DM that's what I'm trying to get in any game.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Can I cast Healing Word on Folhapreta while continuing to fight this wight? Assume I'm in BN35.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
50' range on it, 5 foot squares, count it out I dunno.

(10:35:26 AM) slydingdoor: lol this dm dadpost

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Ganja down

Save me bros.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

goodness posted:

Ganja down

Save me bros.

Can you put a bong pipe in your mouth while on 0 hp?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

kingcom posted:

Can you put a bong pipe in your mouth while on 0 hp?

Should have enough smoke around me to last me a bit already :smuggo:

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Sorry Ganja is out of my 50 ft range, all I can do is heal Smash some.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Ryuujin posted:

Sorry Ganja is out of my 50 ft range, all I can do is heal Smash some.

You can move right?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nope. All my Move was taken up just standing from Prone, since I was at 0 in the last round.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
My heals are all at touch range and I can't make it back there with death clouds in the way sorry.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Is there a cheat sheet that shows what I should do while im at 0?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

goodness posted:

Is there a cheat sheet that shows what I should do while im at 0?

Here are your options:
Roll to death save.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
The cheat sheet is linked in IRC.

or in the OOC thread I guess. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5x7sgceEOgibHVIR09lSUdpeEU/edit?usp=sharing

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Yeah Brobarian will probably will want to drag Ganja Elf out of the cloud kill if you can. Otherwise its all over for him. Also do it towards sandy the cloud is going to keep floating right.

Vire fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 22, 2014

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Vire posted:

Yeah Brobarian will probably will want to drag Ganja Elf out of the cloud kill if you can. Otherwise its all over for him. Also do it towards sandy the cloud is going to keep floating right.

Seconded. Once you get him out of the cloud, I can heal him. Then I can get to work on Stephen Colbert.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
It's not typed out on the pregen sheet, but just remember that dwarves aren't slowed down by heavy loads. Like an unconscious wizard.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Just like the Paladin pregen for some reason does not have the Paladin's Aura of Protection listed, which adds a Paladin's Charisma modifier, when they are conscious, to their saves and the saves of their allies within ten feet of them.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Covok posted:

Seconded. Once you get him out of the cloud, I can heal him. Then I can get to work on Stephen Colbert.

Waiting for this combo to happen <3

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

:golfclap:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

:rznv:

This place does not look good.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
As you can see from:

We are about to start the main adventure. If anyone is bored and wants to bow out or whatever, this is a good time to do that.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I have no idea where on there we are. Unless we aren't there yet because we are in some bizarre demiplane.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

ritorix posted:

As you can see from:

We are about to start the main adventure. If anyone is bored and wants to bow out or whatever, this is a good time to do that.

Def. avoiding the Ooze Grottos

Just seeing a map like that makes me excited though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Krag demands we go to the Predator Pools. Krag knows that if it bleeds, krag can kill it.

• Locked thread