Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

goodness posted:

Speak of the devil.

It feels good doesn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Comp on the fritz. Should be up and running again tomorrow. Limited to phone for the time being.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
So what can I do, besides get up, while prone?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
You could crawl around at half speed. Attacking while prone gives disadvantage so best to just stand up.

You still get your full action to attack or whatever.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

ritorix posted:

You could crawl around at half speed. Attacking while prone gives disadvantage so best to just stand up.

You still get your full action to attack or whatever.

Alright thanks.

hmmm, to try and Charm or Dispel Magic on Bronan..

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

goodness posted:

Alright thanks.

hmmm, to try and Charm or Dispel Magic on Bronan..

If you have a healing potion I would do that instead. You have at least a turn now where he doesn't wreck you if you move away just don't provoke an attack.

Or better yet if you can kill the naga some how that could work too.

Vire fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 15, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

How well does Lightning conduct through water in this fantasy world?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Guess you will have to find out!

(there arent any rules for that, its the same as a lightning bolt above water)

Also a thing you can do is ready actions.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

ritorix posted:

Also a thing you can do is ready actions.

Yes, seriously. Do this.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
The ever-popular 'bloody footprints' map, showing updated progress for both teams.

Remember, you don't actually have to clear out the entire loving dungeon. That would be an endless game and none of us want that. But you do have to figure out how to get to that middle area and/or presumably to the phylactery vault.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Also, the Predator Pools have essentially been cleared now, unless someone wants to go back on the deal with the pool lady.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I will be able to post and get on irc for an hour between work shifts.

Identify the plate armor if I can and whatever stilled tongue means? I can cast underwater breathing if we all want to go for a swim

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

ritorix posted:

Fol attunes to Illydrael, a dagger +1. It was the hilt of a much larger blade that he pulled from the demon back in the Bloodgate Nexus.

Now that it is attuned, it functions as it was originally designed: a defender blade. It is now +3 to attack and damage rolls. You can allocate some or all of that bonus to Armor Class, as long as you are wielding the blade. So you could have +2 to AC and a +1 dagger, or +3AC and a +0 dagger, etc. You can switch around the allocation as part of any action on your turn.

Woah magic weapons OP. So could you switch it to +3 attack on your attack action and then +3 to AC on your move? Or only once a turn.

Vire fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 18, 2014

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
You only get one action per turn, so no.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

ritorix posted:

You can switch around the allocation as part of any action on your turn.
For all intents and purposes, an "Action" is basically a "Standard Action" so when something says it uses an Action that's what it means; people get confused and think/hope they can Do A Thing as a "Move Action", but that's why it's just called Move in 5e. Also, whereas in 4e a Move Action begins and ends before you can do another action (aside from Free Actions, maybe) 5e "move" can be broken up before or after attacks.

Really, they just need to capitalize Action, the way I always do. Also, Fighters get an extra Action once per day(?) and Rogues get cunning action so you could presumably switch the allocation as parts of those.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Everyone get into IRC, we need to have a very serious discussion about pizzas and pizees.

also trading or something who really cares about that though

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I see. Giving away my spell book. That's how it is

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

No we gave you the spellbook.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
So Krag just did 135 damage in one action. That happened. New achievement!

:psyboom: Max Damage: Krag with 135 from a Turn Undead

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
That's all in this post btw: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632083&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post429294182

If there is anything else worthy that I missed let me know.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
HAY GUYS, GUESS WHAT?

The lovable hanger-on known as P.d0t will be joining "Dead In Thay" !
Probably gonna run the pregen Gnome Druid, unless there are compelling requests for other things.

ritorix posted:

:frogsiren: Recruiting is closed you are too loving slow!

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 19, 2014

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

ritorix posted:

A gnome rolls off the table. Did I say half-elf earlier? My bad. He was actually a gnome. I guess the soul draining didn't leave him too badly damaged after all.

IRC posted:

<pd0t> actually, it shrunk me from a medium creature to a small creature, so...

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
FatherWendigo:

The Negotiator is "whoever has the best Charisma skills in the party."

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

So what determines the dex roll?

I was trying to figure out but one was 1d20+1 and the other 1d20+2, neither matching up with their dexterity scores. And now mine is 1d20+2+2?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Its your dex bonus on your character sheet. You have 14 Dex, which is a +2. Some people have 16 Dex for +3 or whatever.

The other +2 comes from standing next to that paladin. He adds his Charisma (+2) to your saves within 10 feet of him.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
So since Call Lightning has a Duration of "Concentration: Up to 10 minutes" can I use it in this gas chamber battle?
Also can I shoot lightning at the bitch who flipped me off, as I jumped through the portal?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
No to the first question, yes to the second!

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Make it so.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I'll be done at work in about 6 hours. Then I can post

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'll get my updated sheet in today as work slows down.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Had a family thing happen, will be busy through tomorrow afternoon/late evening. I'll try to post as soon as I can, and also, could you give me a Cloud Kill damage roll?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Going to be celebrating GFs birthday tomorrow and doing freedom stuffs after that through Sunday, but I'll post if I get a chance. If it's crucial (not that my non-spellcaster barbarian matters all that much) feel free to assume control.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
http://stuffershack.com/not-the-gold-standard/comment-page-1/#comment-86917

:golfclap:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So with the cremation of Montgomery someone is going to have to step up from the ashes, and so here is Crimson the Tiefling Bounty Hunter. The Magic Tiefling Bounty Hunter.

Crimson

Many Bounty Hunters are hard men with mighty muscles and hard of sinew. Many Bounty Hunters track their prey through the use of wilderness, or urban, skills. Many Bounty Hunters overpower their prey and capture them with force of arms. Many Bounty Hunters prefer to take in their prey in one piece, and alive for that bonus. Many Bounty Hunters tend toward these things, but not Crimson. Crimson is not strong, particularly hardy, or skilled in urban or rural travel. Nor does he prefer to take in his prey alive. No Crimson is a Tiefling with a burning tendency to take his targets in dead, or at least rather the worse for wear. Crimson is also a Wizard, an unusual calling for a Bounty Hunter. Or perhaps bounty hunting is an unusual calling for a Wizard. Crimson is a violent individual who has channeled his impulses into making the world a better place, by capturing bounties for money.

Crimson has picked up a new bounty that brings him to a strange land. Following the signs of struggle, and a massive influx of magic, he finds himself in another world hunting his target. A dangerous target indeed for his target is also a wizard, more precisely a Red Wizard of Thay. And there are rumors his target may be a lich. At the very least he knows that the Red Wizards do involve themselves in the process of lichdom and so his target may have become a lich at some point.

pre:
Crimson 
7th-level Medium Tiefling Mage
Armor Class  12 (cloth)
Hit Points  44 (7d6 Hit Die)
Proficiency Bonus  +3
Speed  30 ft.
Alignment  lawful neutral 
Languages  Common, Infernal, Elven, Dwarven, Orc, Draconic, Goblin.

ABILITY SCORES						
Strength	10	(+0); 
Dexterity	14	(+2); 
Constitution	14	(+2)
Intelligence	18	(+4); add proficiency bonus to saves 
Wisdom		12	(+1); add proficiency bonus to saves
Charisma	10	(+0)

ATTACKS							
Melee: Shocking Grasp (range 5 ft; Dex Save +15; 2d8 lightning and 
    cannot take reactions until its next turn)
Ranged Attack: Ray of Frost (range 50 ft; +7 to hit; 2d8 cold and
    its speed is reduced by 10 feet until my next turn)

SKILLS (add proficiency bonus to related ability checks)		
Arcana, Perception, Search, Stealth

EQUIPMENT							
Robes, quarterstaff, spellbook, adventurer’s kit (backpack loaded with 
    healer’s kit, a mess kit, a tinderbox, ten torches, rations (10 days), 
    and a waterskin), collection o “wanted” broadsheets, two sets of
    manacles, silk rope (50 ft.), lock of hair from previous or current
    bounty, common clothes, 99 gp, 13 sp.
pre:
Race Features

Darkvision.  I see in dim light within 60-foot radius of me as if it were
bright light, and in darkness in that radius as if it were dim light.  I can’t discern
color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Hellish Resistance.  I have resistance to fire damage.

Infernal Wrath.  When I am not at full hit points, I can draw on a diabolical
fury to make my attack or spell more potent.  When I make an attack with Infernal
Wrath, I have advantage on the attack roll.  When I cast a spell with it and the spell
requires a saving throw, targets of the spell have disadvantage on their saving throws
against the spell’s effects.  After I have used this trait I can’t do so again until I have
completed a short rest or a long rest.

Class Features
    Cantrips.  I know mage hand, prestidigitation, ray of frost and 
Shocking Grasp, and can cast them at will.

Spell Slots.  I have 4 1st level spell slots, 3 2nd level spell slots,
3 3rd level spell slots, and 1 4th level spell slot. 

Prepared Spells.  I prepare 11 spells to make them available to cast,
choosing from the spells in my spell book

Spellbook.  I have a spell book containing these spells.
	1st level:  Burning Hands, Detect Magic, Identify, Mage Armor, 
		    Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield and Sleep.
	2nd level:  Blur, Magic Weapon, Scorching Ray, Mirror Image.
	3rd level:  Fireball, Haste, Lightning Bolt, Stinking Cloud.
	4h level:   Evard’s Black Tentacles, Wall of Fire

Spellcasting Ability.  Intelligence is my spell casting ability for my spells.
The saving throw DC to resist a spell I cast is 15.  My attack bonus when I make
an attack with a spell is +7.  

Arcane Recovery.  1/day during a short rest I can choose to recover  
expended spell slots with a combined level equal to or less than half my wizard
level [round up].

Arcane Tradition.  I choose an Arcane Tradition and gain its bonuses
as I level.  I chose Evoker.

Evocation Savant.  The gold and time I must spend to copy an evocation
spell into my spell book is halved.

Sculpt Spells.  When I cast an evocation spell that affects other creatures I
can choose a number of creatures equal to the spell’s level+1.  The chosen creatures
automatically succeed on their saving throws against the spell and they take no 
damage if they would normally take half damage from the spell.

Ability Score Improvement.  I gain +2 to Intelligence.

Potent Cantrip.  When a creature is missed by or succeeds on a saving throw
against my evocation cantrip that deals damage, the creature still takes half the 
damage but suffers no additional effect.

Proficiencies.  I add my proficiency bonus to all attack rolls using
daggers, darts, light crossbows, quarterstaffs, and slings.  I add my 
proficiency bonus to my skills.  Also to Mounts (land).
I also add the bonus to my Intelligence, and Wisdom saving throws.  I also have 
proficiency with all armor. 

Background: Bounty Hunter

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I will be able to post up within 24 hours.

• Locked thread