Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
If you had to get one debilitating illness, what would it be?
Mad Torito Disease
Daniel Bryan's Crippling Shortness
Ambrose Sleaze Disease
Wyatt Family Voice Distortion
Rose Bud
The sickness you get when you see MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR CONQUERED THE UNDERTAKER'S UNDEFEATED STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA
View Results

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

That's what I really don't get; he's refusing to main event a PPV with the world champion

Because he already did. And didn't get a PPV bonus for it. Like he and everybody else that works there expected to get.

Have any of you even been paying attention to the PPV bonus situation? I get that EC was a few months ago, I just didn't think that was longer than people remember. This isn't a new problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MassRafTer posted:

Your contracted downside doesn't matter in reality, everyone who is on the road makes more than that. That's what you make if they don't use you or if you are injured. Your real pay depends on your place on the card, the money drawn at the gate and what percentage WWE devotes to talent pay offs. There is a real issue in WWE right now where talent doesn't know what the PPV "bonus" situation is with the advent of the Network. WWE will randomly decide profits are too low and cut the percentage of money talent makes at the gate as well. On top of that because he's not the champion and not in the main event he's not going to make as much show to show as he'd expect based on the scenario laid out for him when he came in. Everything is interconnected in wrestling. Right now he's not the only guy annoyed at the pay offs as Foley's rant and other recent reports have made clear.

well clearly they changed something because he did a 180 on leaving before Payback, but they didn't change quite enough of something to make it worth putting over Bryan.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Missed the Adam Rose debut, anyone know roughly what page discussion started for what im assuming was something just terrible

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was pretty good but grumble serious wrestlemans hate fun

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Shima Honnou posted:

Personally I get the feeling that either Batista wasn't watching the product when he decided he wanted to come back, or the deal for him to come back was concluded before the crowd started to really lose their poo poo for Bryan. So he blames Bryan for burying his returning face run.

He only has himself to blame. Young Batista also couldn't wrestle, but he looked like a loving monster, had a certain charisma and when he was motivated he could deliver a good performance.

Now we have old Batista, who looks like some weirdo, has no charisma and has forgotten everything he might have known about wrestling.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

DannoMack posted:

hi please photoshop out batistas pants dont ask why okay

:nws:, I guess: http://i.imgur.com/fXyuInF.png

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Hammerstein posted:

He only has himself to blame. Young Batista also couldn't wrestle, but he looked like a loving monster, had a certain charisma and when he was motivated he could deliver a good performance.

Now we have old Batista, who looks like some weirdo, has no charisma and has forgotten everything he might have known about wrestling.

What were his really good matches outside of with Undertaker?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Sweeney Tom posted:

Because he already did. And didn't get a PPV bonus for it. Like he and everybody else that works there expected to get.

Have any of you even been paying attention to the PPV bonus situation? I get that EC was a few months ago, I just didn't think that was longer than people remember. This isn't a new problem.

Yeah, but now he's OK with it despite being in an even lower spot on the card despite PPV bonuses still being unclear because...

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

the_american_dream posted:

Missed the Adam Rose debut, anyone know roughly what page discussion started for what im assuming was something just terrible

It wasn't terrible, it was a Zeb promo and then like a minute of Rose dancing around.

Ok, it was kind of terrible.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

It wasn't terrible, it was a Zeb promo and then like a minute of Rose dancing around.

Ok, it was kind of terrible.

It was just kind of... there. Adam Rose should've debuted in a match.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wish they'd kept Kane in the suit until after Adam Rose's debut so he could teach Citizen Kane to be a rosebud.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

El Generico posted:

Yeah, but now he's OK with it despite being in an even lower spot on the card despite PPV bonuses still being unclear because...

5 foot 8, maybe? :v:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

El Generico posted:

It was just kind of... there. Adam Rose should've debuted in a match.

Oh I assumed he did :/

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He showed up, pranced around Zeb, tried to feed him a lollipop and was carried away by a bunny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Supreme Allah posted:

LMS against Cena, several Evolution tags, a PPV match against Punk during Punk's first reign, HBK before the Jericho feud, HHH in the Cell, a tag on the No Way Out that ended the PPV brand split and some matches with Edge.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

thank you i am not masturbating to this iokay

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Supreme Allah posted:

Now don't be snide, I wanted to be nice and give him the benefit of doubt. Nostalgia does weird things to my memory.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Hammerstein posted:

Now don't be snide, I wanted to be nice and give him the benefit of doubt. Nostalgia does weird things to my memory.

Really, I wasn't watching then, I was just asking. MRT gave me some.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MassRafTer posted:

LMS against Cena, several Evolution tags, a PPV match against Punk during Punk's first reign, HBK before the Jericho feud, HHH in the Cell, a tag on the No Way Out that ended the PPV brand split and some matches with Edge.

Are we defining really good by 3.5 and above or 4 and above?

Let's also discount multi-mans.

Okay the series with Cena in 2010 is all 3.5+
Match with Jericho in 08
Cena at Summerslam 08
Edge at NoC 08
Michael at ONS 08
Survivor Series 07 and Cyber Sunday 07 with Taker are both 4.0
Cage match with Edge at ONS 07 is 3.5
Wrestlemania and Backlash with Taker are both 4.0
Triple H at Vengeance was 4.5

And that's it for Singles matches, I'm discounting Fatal Four-Ways Elimination Chambers and Rumbles, but he has a few more with those.

Overall, Batista is not bad with a good worker. I'm fairly certain a Bryan match with an in-shape Batista would be a great match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Supreme Allah posted:

Really, I wasn't watching then, I was just asking. MRT gave me some.

There's a really lovely EC match where it's Undertaker, Batista, Big Daddy V, Khali, MVP and Finlay. It's great when Undertaker and Batista start, then turns to poo poo and Undertaker and Batista are the final two and it becomes great again. The period where there's four guys in isn't bad either but it's funny to see how a good big man match turns bad so quickly when Big Daddy V gets involved.

May he rest in peace.

The finish is also really cool.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

It's funny because it looked like the moonsault before that was a little botched - either Rollins didn't get the rotation he needed or Harper was too close in. So Rollins just said "gently caress it" landed on his feet instead and did a running SSP.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Onmi posted:

Mass really loving likes Batista and will defend anything he does to the god damned death.

Fans shouldn't think it is okay for WWE to do something scummy to somebody (ANYBODY, whether Batista or Punk or Bryan or Hogan or Yoshi Tatsu) just because those fans don't like the particular wrestler.

But then I also like Batista v:shobon:v

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Fans shouldn't think it is okay for WWE to do something scummy to somebody (ANYBODY, whether Batista or Punk or Bryan or Hogan or Yoshi Tatsu) just because those fans don't like the particular wrestler.

But then I also like Batista v:shobon:v

He buried the entire roster, returned out of shape and has been throwing a fit ever since.

Excuse me if I don't bust out the worlds smallest violin for the prick. I'm actually mad now, and not simply neutral (which I was when I thought he was leaving) because being pissed off at your pay/promises etc. and walking, sure, you're an rear end in a top hat but it's only a month ahead of schedual anyway, and he at least brought it up with the WWE.

But then something changing, and him staying, but not doing the match he was meant to do anyway? What changed, and why was it not enough to put over Bryan again? Especially since he's most likely jobbing to the Shield again at Payback. So I would very much like to know what changed enough to job out for one guy, but not the other.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Given what we know about WWE, anybody with leverage is more or less justified in using it against management. They've deliberately cultivated an "every man for himself" atmosphere backstage for pretty much their entire history and while people with good spots arguably should look out for their coworkers (if you can even call Batista's maneuvering a betrayal of Bryan, but whatever), they don't have a responsibility to do so. You have to watch your spot, that's how it is. I don't really get the mark hatred for this turn of events given that they would have poo poo all over a Batista / Bryan matchup anyway, even knowing the likely outcome. I don't really believe that management was thrilled to extend the Kane feud, he'll get a better foil in time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah it is horse poo poo that the company can tell wrestlers one thing, not live up to their promises and pay the wrestler less than he expects.
This argument would hold water if he left either way, but sticking around simply because he doesn't have to job to Bryan kind of pokes some holes in that particular water balloon.

That being said, I still weirdly take Dave's side on the issue. Coming back, winning the Royal Rumble, then jobbing several PPVs in a row is dumb as gently caress, and lowers his position in the company, which would cause him to make far less money than he otherwise would.

He's not a dick for refusing, really, because the idiots in charge never should've even asked.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

This argument would hold water if he left either way, but sticking around simply because he doesn't have to job to Bryan kind of pokes some holes in that particular water balloon.

That being said, I still weirdly take Dave's side on the issue. Coming back, winning the Royal Rumble, then jobbing several PPVs in a row is dumb as gently caress, and lowers his position in the company, which would cause him to make far less money than he otherwise would.

He's not a dick for refusing, really, because the idiots in charge never should've even asked.

They were supposedly negotiating back and forth all weekend, I don't know why it means anything either way. If he wasn't happy with his situation negotiation would possibly fix that, if he just didn't want to job to the midget again then the negotiations clearly fixed that. Him staying doesn't really clarify it either way, it just means one side became happy with a situation they previously weren't happy with.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Again, Dave Batista wasn't depushed and booked to lose matches because WWE decided to out of spite, it was because he came back out of shape, uninteresting, and barely trying, and the fans rightfully poo poo on him.

There's a big difference between "the WWE didn't give him the spot he was promised" and "he drew such vicious X-Pac heat from the crowd every time he showed up that they had to re-book the main event of Wrestlemania around him".

El Generico fucked around with this message at 10:54 on May 6, 2014

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

El Generico posted:

Again, Dave Batista wasn't depushed and booked to lose matches because WWE decided to out of spite, it was because he came back out of shape, uninteresting, and barely trying, and the fans rightfully poo poo on him.

There's a big difference between "the WWE didn't give him the spot he was promised" and "he drew such vicious X-Pac heat from the crowd every time he showed up that they had to re-book the main event of Wrestlemania around him".

I'm more pissed at him for burying the roster on twitter and then coming out in such bad shape that Del Rio got heat.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
They really should have done Bryan versus Shemaus instead of loving Kane or Bootista, all you need for him to do is mention his 18 second victory at WM, have beat Bryan dirty as gently caress in a nontitle match and bam you got a good match lined up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

El Generico posted:

Del Rio literally did every single dirty heel tactic in their Elimination Chamber fight. And Motherfucking Alberto Del Rio still managed to get face heat over Batista.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Every time Del Rio is brought up I feel compelled to rewatch one of his 2010 promos where he just wanders around his hacienda and talks about his virtues without ever saying one word about wrestling or other wrestlers.

Cracks me up every time for some reason.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dexo posted:

Del Rio literally did every single dirty heel tactic in their Elimination Chamber fight. And Motherfucking Alberto Del Rio still managed to get face heat over Batista.

He got heat PERIOD.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Psykmoe posted:

Every time Del Rio is brought up I feel compelled to rewatch one of his 2010 promos where he just wanders around his hacienda and talks about his virtues without ever saying one word about wrestling or other wrestlers.

Cracks me up every time for some reason.

The product of a superior education.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
All this talk about the Rhodes Brothers theme during his match. Never forget Cody's first theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRtLqgVDbM

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AMReese posted:

All this talk about the Rhodes Brothers theme during his match. Never forget Cody's first theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRtLqgVDbM

For some reason it's always irrationally bothered me how high the levels for the snare are in the mix of that song. It's like the producer balanced everything except for that one knob.

My favorite Cody Rhodes theme will always be the grimdark version of Smoke and Mirrors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxiIHynLsYU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

sticklefifer posted:

For some reason it's always irrationally bothered me how high the levels for the snare are in the mix of that song. It's like the producer balanced everything except for that one knob.

My favorite Cody Rhodes theme will always be the grimdark version of Smoke and Mirrors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxiIHynLsYU

The beginning sounded like gunfire to me, which might have been the intention. It's also not a Jim Johnston joint.

Also, Undashing Cody Rhodes was his best gimmick, and his most memorable. I can't wait until he goes back to heel where he seems like a better fit.

• Locked thread