Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

I'm still a little bummed her character is gone forever.

Don't worry, Louie will wait for her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

Jerusalem posted:

I love the episode where he sees the hobo get replaced by Men In Black with an identical hobo, though nothing quite compares to the screaming hobo whose head fell off while Louie was on the way to a date.

I don't know, I'm partial towards CIA hobo. Sometimes I randomly think of that scene and I giggle. Screaming hobo, while hilarious, was kind of sad.

LividLiquid posted:

Pamela Adlon is still getting a consulting producer credit on this. Is that just a legacy thing like EP credits can be, or does she still do occasional work for the show?

I'm still a little bummed her character is gone forever.

Good question. The last episode she wrote (or co-wrote I suppose) was IKEA/Piano Lessons last season, so hopefully she got to write at least one episode this season. I don't really know how that works with this show though, it seems C.K. does pretty much everything. I would love to see a behind-the-scenes documentary, even if it is just Louis C.K. doing everything, because everything the man does is fascinating.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Louie said in an interview that Steven Wright is also a producer and is on set a lot of time and they bounce ideas off of each other.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Wow. Bobby looks like poo poo.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Haha the contempt in the man's eyes at the Indian restaurant. I had curry last week that scene made me so hungry.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Edit: nvm. Got it.

Saint Jimmy fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 13, 2014

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Well this could only be the worst date ever or the best date. I don't know what to expect.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
This has been a pretty feel good episode. :unsmith:

It's about to go so so wrong, isn't it?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Knowing this show she'll fall off of a building or something.

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!
Did that gently caress show up only here in Canada, or was it bleeped in the States?

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

See, now I hate her.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Oh this is the worst possible way it could have gone. This is killing me. :(

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

DiscoDickTease posted:

Did that gently caress show up only here in Canada, or was it bleeped in the States?

No it was uncensored here too.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
That was a drat good episode. drat good.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

There was a gently caress?

I didn't even notice.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Fantastic ending. Whew.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

hcreight posted:

There was a gently caress?

I didn't even notice.

"I didn't ask if you ever hosed a fat girl" or something like that.

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

"have you ever hosed a fat girl" something like that

edit: lol nice timing

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Jane is the best

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I hate the 6 train.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

DiscoDickTease posted:

"have you ever hosed a fat girl" something like that

That's weird. They did bleep the "gently caress" Louie just blurted out on the train.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

That was the scariest and most real parenting moment I've ever seen.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

PotatoJudge posted:

Jane is the best
Louie's younger daughter? Yeah. No doubt she's going to have a fantastic career in her future.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Again, those are VERY white kids for that parental combination.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Mutation posted:

Louie's younger daughter? Yeah. No doubt she's going to have a fantastic career in her future.

Every episode she's in she's a little weird. Either she's a really good actress or that kid is a little off in a good way.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

That was one of the best segments this show has ever done. I still feel a little antsy after watching that

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

And here's to you, Miss's PeePee Face

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Louie: parent to the young and old alike.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Sometimes you just got to bail out.

edit: Ah, happy ending!

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 13, 2014

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
If you see a dog with a fuzzy face
You'll never go to outer space

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013

Saint Jimmy posted:

They're adopted . Problem solved.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That entire big scene of the first episode was a 6 minute long take. Good stuff.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The doctor talking about how our spines are clotheslines being used as flagpoles was pretty great. The whole bit was awesome, including the too-long pause while he was eating his sandwhich before he asked if he could help him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sarah Baker was really good, but a lot of that monologue was best left unsaid. A whole lot of her points were already well-implied, and the show probably could have gotten the rest across in a more subtle way.

I did like how Louie looked right at the camera when she said that if he was looking at the two of them from afar, he would see that they perfectly match.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Y-Hat posted:

Louie: parent to the young and old alike.
I was sure the old lady would turn out to be future Jane when she threw the tomato at the taxi driver.

C'mon honey, let's get you the nicest dick in town

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Kevyn posted:

If you see a dog with a fuzzy face
You'll never go to outer space

No astronaut has ever seen a dog

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

hcreight posted:

That was one of the best segments this show has ever done. I still feel a little antsy after watching that

Hands down, Louie has some of the most realistic emotional reactions to things like that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The moment the unseen man put his hand on Jane's shoulder I was cringing, that was a great sequence.

I loved Louie's little strained face as he tried to figure out how long 7000 seconds was :)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Saint Jimmy posted:

Totally. Also the show should have a slightly browner actor playing the main character, Louis CK being that white is so unrealistic considering he's half Mexican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Illinois Smith posted:

Totally. Also the show should have a slightly browner actor playing the main character, Louis CK being that white is so unrealistic considering he's half Mexican.

This poo poo doesn't matter. Are the daughters adopted? I don't know, maybe, but they don't have to be. This is a surreal, weird TV show. It doesn't have to follow the racial logic you have.

• Locked thread