Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Max22 posted:

OP of the year.

Considering this show barely has continuity, it's kind of fitting to not have a big wordsy OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

This has been a pretty feel good episode. :unsmith:

It's about to go so so wrong, isn't it?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

There was a gently caress?

I didn't even notice.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

DiscoDickTease posted:

"have you ever hosed a fat girl" something like that

That's weird. They did bleep the "gently caress" Louie just blurted out on the train.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

That was one of the best segments this show has ever done. I still feel a little antsy after watching that

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Jane owns. You call that school out on their Columbus bullshit. :allears:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Yessssss more of the Charles Grodin doctor character in the 2nd episode.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

hahaha What the gently caress Louie.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

There's really a more concerted effort to give the show continuity than there's been in the previous seasons.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

What the hell is going on?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

With Sandler it's more a mishmash of costars from his SNL days and various people he's befriended along the way, like Kevin James. And despite a lot of these Sandler buddies being, well, talent deprived, Sandler continually gives them roles in his movies and even bankrolls their own TV and movie projects through Happy Madison. I have a hard time believing people like Nick Swardson and Peter Dante still have hollywood careers without Sandler.

Louis CK having his standup buddies make appearances on his (relatively) low budget cable show isn't anywhere near what Sandler does.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

This episode just got super uncomfortable. :gonk:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Mutation posted:

Actually Pamela parts 2 and 3 are the final episodes.

In the Woods parts 1 and 2 might be a story arc... within a story arc? Or they're unrelated and Louis C.K. just wants that scene to hang in the air for a while.

It makes sense in that it didn't seem to occur to Louie (the character) that he did anything wrong in that scene. For him, life will go on and he'll have an adventure in the woods, and then after that he'll have his next interaction with Pamela, where he'll hopefully get called on his poo poo.

One thing that particularly bothered me about that scene was Pamela's line about how this would be rape "if you weren't so stupid." As if Louie's awkward sad sack loner routine justifies what he was doing. I guess you could argue that was just Pamela trying to get through to him about what a massive creeper he was being?

I appreciate that this show takes risks to address issues like that, but that scene needs some well-done follow-up.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

blue squares posted:

Pretty weird to have this cool young in the past and the terrible old hag mom who can't say "I love you" in the present time.

The same actress did play Louie's mother in a flashback episode in Season 1, where her character was also portrayed in a generally positive light.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

The thread title always makes me chuckle a little when I read it, because of Jerry Seinfeld working so clean that even off-stage he can't bring himself to say "poo poo".

If you've never seen the documentary Comedian, Seinfeld does drop f-bombs and whatnot in casual conversation, like many people do.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I'm loving dying from the Art Button. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Not gonna lie, I'm a little sad that he felt obligated to explain the whole race thing with Janet and the daughters. But I guess it was fitting that it was Pamela that did the asking, since her character is meant to have boundary issues.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 17, 2014

• Locked thread