Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mutation posted:

That first episode was kinda like that a lot, sort of just rehashing old concepts: Poker scene, rear end in a top hat doctor, awkwardly asking store employees for sex things.

Wasn't that kind of the point, though? Every scene was a rehash of something Louie has done before, but set in a kind of heightened reality. Garbagemen don't actually crash through your windows, people don't masturbate 8 times a day in their 40s and little old ladies with walkers don't lift strange fat men off the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Yoshifan823 posted:

Not specifically about "just" being a woman, but about the differences between being a man and a woman. It's less about the fat/not fat divide and more about the fat man/fat woman divide. She didn't spend most of her time talking about skinny women, but about fat men.

Being talked down to is what triggered her rant and I can't help but wonder how she would have reacted if he had just been honest and called her a disgusting pig.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 14, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

King Vidiot posted:

edit: Also you added "beautiful"... which changes it even further. Louis C.K. is not a bad looking guy but he's not ruggedly handsome.

Louis CK is an old, bald, overweight ginger with hideous facial hair and a terrible sense of style. His only attractive qualities are his fame and fortune.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 16, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Gianthogweed posted:

A physical attraction is sort of a requirement for me at least.

Have you even had sex with a woman?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

I rest my case.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

A MIRACLE posted:

I just mean, it's not going to hit all the right notes. Future classic maybe

That's fair. Jane's been a little overused this season and some episodes has meandered a bit, but I still think this season has been solid.

Well, so far, at least. We haven't gotten to the 7 part episode yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Breadallelogram posted:

We've seen parts 1-3 of the 6-part episode.

:doh: I thought Elevator was the three parter. No wonder these last few episodes have felt so aimless--they're only half done.

• Locked thread