Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Logic posted:

And after seeing the first 2 episodes, he's lost his sense of humour. Don't know if I should even bother continuing to watch this season.
He and Seinfeld both use observational humour but Louis' shtick of "Oh look at me, I'm pathetic and hopeless" is tired and kind of odd given his recent successful tours and stand-up career.
It often makes me sad and feeling sorry for them when people who make their living from their public persona can't even be bothered to have a healthy diet and get in some exercise.

Yeah! I mean, look at what getting in shape did for Wayne Knight's career!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Exploder posted:

I know this is said every year in every Louie thread, but it's worth repeating. She is an incredible actress, especially for her age. That Columbus line had me busting

I loved it because "Columbus was a murderer" is such a stereotypical piece of teenage angst and rebellion. See also: Rick and Morty where adolescent Morty Jr flips out at the end of Raising Gazorpazorp.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This season has felt pretty mediocre so far and the fact that the thread is mostly dead aside from fat girl :goonsay: feels like a testament to that.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

This show was never a laugh-a-minute, jokey sitcom from the very beginning, so I'm wondering what all the people complaining are actually expecting out of the show. Like, why did they start watching, why are they still watching? I could understand fans of Louis C.K.'s stand-up to want to laugh as hard as they do during his stand-up bits, but that was never what the show was really focused on. You'd think eventually the people wanting a funny show would give up.

Or maybe that's why this thread isn't that popular, maybe most did give up. I for one am still liking the show, and I thought that this season was better than last (although the David Lynch episodes were Great TV).

Alright, that was pretty funny.

Nobody complained that the show didn't spontaneously become a laugh-a-minute, jokey sitcom after three seasons of not being that. I "get" the show. I've been a fan of it since season 1. I just don't personally think the humor, drama, or commentary has matched the previous seasons' quality.

The great thing about a show like Louie is that it's a show that does its own thing, but the flipside of that is that when you try something different you have misses as well as hits. The six-episode arc may have an amazing conclusion that elevates the whole thing but as it stands to me it doesn't compare to last seasons 3-parter or even stand-alone episodes like the Miami one.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It does amuse me that people bitch about Adam Sandler giving his terrible unfunny friends roles when Louis CK does the exact same thing with all his unfunny C-list stand-up buddies.

• Locked thread