Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Todd Barry looks, acts, and sounds like a murderer. And I don't mean like a creepy serial killer who leaves no evidence besides grisly details scrawled in a secret memoir. I mean like a mob enforcer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Louie is promoting rape culture. Let's boycott FX.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Space Hamlet posted:

I agree that the scene was about Louie's self-righteousness in the wake of his recent bogus epiphanies, but that doesn't mean it wasn't also intentional that the guy was black. It's easier to be a prick at someone when they have less privilege than you do, which made the scene a touch more believable, and also a touch more of an indictment of Louie.

Why not just treat the text as text? Louie didn't bitch at an aracial humanoid mannequin, he bitched at a black guy. It plays into the scene whether or not it was the core of what the scene's about.

First, the prick is the guy spitting on the bus. Second, privilege isn't going to protect you from getting your rear end kicked by the type of guy who spits on the bus.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Space Hamlet posted:

Alright, okay. I guess I just don't feel like "um, Louie wouldn't feel safe yelling at a scary black man" is a very good counterpoint to "race is somewhat of a factor in the scene"

People who spit on the bus are either drunk, insane, on drugs, or have stopped giving a gently caress. You're the one making race the issue, not Louis.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

dantheman650 posted:

I wonder if Mr. Hoffman is modeled on a teacher Louis has while growing up.

The whole thing about stealing the scales and being defended from the principal by a teacher is a true story, if one of his old appearances on O&A is to be believed.

• Locked thread