Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

precision posted:

I've been putting off writing about the "fat lady" scene but gently caress it.

I think it was really problematic and while initially the whole "this is so emotionally real" thing was interesting, the more I thought about it the more unsettling it became.

She talks to Louie about all these things based on one of two premises. These are literally the only two premises which allow her speech to make any sense:

- She is saying that she finds Louie attractive. This completely undercuts the entire point of the scene if true. If "men" don't find "fat girls" attractive, that is OK. It is OK to not do physical things with people you do not find physically attractive. If she finds Louie attractive and the opposite is not true, then he is not in any way in the wrong for turning her down.

- She is saying that she finds him unattractive in the same way he (presumably) finds her unattractive. If this one is true, the implication is that she is forcing the agenda that people should do physical things with people they don't find physically attractive. I'm not cool with that. Taken to its extreme, you could use this argument to have a gay man say to a straight man "So what if you don't think I'm pretty? Just hold my hand. Why not?"

And of course there is the issue that I see fit, attractive guys dating big girls all the time but that's mostly beside the point.

It was mostly because he said she was not fat.

And man, I did not like these last three episodes at all. Except for the part where louie's really honest during the private school argument with his exwife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
I don't understand what happened at the end there with amia.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
What the gently caress, those were some of the best episodes of the whole show.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
louie looks so gross

• Locked thread