Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

SoupyTwist posted:

But "guy wins over girl by wearing her down" is pretty god-damned clichéd.

Cliché is an overused word that almost liberally could describe anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The most uncomfortable thing about this thread is how much of Pamela's agency is ignored.

Because Pamela is a god drat saint!

RAPE!

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

It absolutely is*, and the show has been superb this year. If the same posters who repeatedly post the same whiny poo poo decide they're going to keep watching the show next season, then I'm just going to skip reading the thread because not even the ignore button is enough to clean up the loving mess here.

*although I still think the Late Night triple episode arc from s3 is the best thing he's done. Man, if this season started with those episodes and ended where it did... that would've been just one of the best all round comedy/drama seasons ever in my eyes.

Young Louie is a blast. I especially loved the scene with he and Janis in the hotel room, where they decide to get a divorce. That actor nailed some of his mannerisms, and it really sold it for me.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Breadallelogram posted:

Except that he got exactly what he wanted by doing it???

And that is how life works sometimes. Bad things can come without consequences. Pamela could easily have not thought much about the situation other than "man, Louie is pathetic". I guarantee her character has experienced much worse, and would have shrugged it off just the same. That is deeply ingrained into her character. She has issues and those didn't just come out of no where.

Really it is just asinine you dweebs are getting so upset. Louie, the writer is saying exactly what you want him to say, yet anything short of his character going to jail is him advocating rape??? The reason he drags his character through mud is to convey a message. Not one second of that scene says "good work Louie, you did it!". I applaud his bravery to portray his character(an extension of how the public views he himself) in such a negative light in order to discuss a subject most everyone would be afraid to mention.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

No Wave posted:

I think portraying something fundamentally ugly instead of something fundamentally noble is a waste of film.

e.

ChairMaster posted:

What the gently caress

that's the dumbest thing i've ever read in my whole life

I feel like if this show was exactly the same except Louie CK was the showrunner and the main character was played by someone else with a different name people wouldn't have any of these stupid-rear end problems with it.

glad I'm not the only one. If this is really your opinion NoWave you might be the first person to make my ignore list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

No Wave posted:

go 4 it

I didn't imply that Pamela should act like Louie was. That was your reading. Where did that come from?

But the whole "no, I'm fat", "no, you're fine, blah blah" is an interaction where stereotypically the genders are reversed, and I'm assuming that this informs the scene. Not to mention that Pamela entices Louie with a sexy bathtub with candles and poo poo, which is usually a very typical way of representing a guy trying to do something romantic for a girl. I guess my recognition of that could make you call me a sexist or something.

Naw, seems like it would mess with the flow of threads when someone undoubtedly has to respond to your idiocy. Plus you are good for a laugh.

• Locked thread