Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

In the year Two Thousand Fourteen I saw JTG for 11 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
That we haven't had a "hug it out" chant during this feud is a travesty.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

El Generico posted:

That we haven't had a "hug it out" chant during this feud is a travesty.

Last night at Extreme Rules

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

The Evolution skeleton shirt makes me think of the boss fight from Symphony of the Night where you fight impostors of the Castlevania III heroes

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

ZDar Fan posted:

The Evolution skeleton shirt makes me think of the boss fight from Symphony of the Night where you fight impostors of the Castlevania III heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03QBNVwX8Q

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

ZDar Fan posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Evolution shirt reminds me of an album cover but I can't remember it. Probably by a band HHH likes. Hey HHH wanna go to their concert next time they are in town? They're great.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Triple H is a deadhead? :420:

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
Sheamus is the new US Champ? Barf.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Perdido posted:

Sheamus is the new US Champ? Barf.

Eh. It was being wasted on Ambrose and it gives Sheamus something to do. I look forward to our lower midcard overlord.

So how long until Adam Rose is in a preshow match with some NXT import with a groupie gimmick feuding with Fandango or Santino?

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
It looks like they're going to have a WM7 like thing with Rusev and another guy (probably Cena) and I have no idea how I feel about that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There need to be a couple more Rosebuds for Rose's entrance. Right now it's a decent sized house party which just isn't big enough. The party needs to bleed out of my TV into my house. I should also be sent Hungry Hungry Hippos for referring people to the Network.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Forceholy posted:

Eh. It was being wasted on Ambrose and it gives Sheamus something to do. I look forward to our lower midcard overlord.

So how long until Adam Rose is in a preshow match with some NXT import with a groupie gimmick feuding with Fandango or Santino?

It would've been interesting if they used it as a plot device in the Evolution/Shield feud. If they're wanting to make the titles feel important, having something like a tag match between Rollins/Reigns and Triple H/Batista and a US title match between Ambrose and Orton could've done wonders.

Having matches with 'lower tier' guys doesn't really do a whole lot, especially since they're secondary to the main feud of Evolution v. Shield.

EDIT: I liked the spot on the apron with with Rybaxel and Ambrose, tho. And he sold the gently caress out of the Brogue Kick.

Want a freeze frame where Ambrose's head is basically at a 90 degree angle to his body.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Perdido posted:

It would've been interesting if they used it as a plot device in the Evolution/Shield feud.

They kinda did, HHH booked him into the 20 man battle royal, and it was his first of two matches in the night.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had fun with that Raw but that's partly because I loved the main that much and I think I'm giddy from the Clippers destroying the Thunder so YMMV.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
This gif was just on @midnight. It went over pretty drat well with the crowd, just a growing, steady laughter.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

Sir Jebus posted:

They kinda did, HHH booked him into the 20 man battle royal, and it was his first of two matches in the night.

But again, it makes the belt feel second banana to the 'main' feud between Triple H and Evolution.

If they're not interested in making the belts feel important, okay, cool, no problem, this was fine for the feud and does get heat on Triple H. But doing poo poo like this is why the belts are devalued or perceived as not being important.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I want to believe the end of the Sheamus interview was a subtle beginning to a turn. He opportunistically beat a champion who the crowd loves and who just fought tooth and nail with multiple guys to avoid elimination, and then told him "tough luck." Irish-Cena Sheamus sucks and any change for him would be great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perdido posted:

But again, it makes the belt feel second banana to the 'main' feud between Triple H and Evolution.

If they're not interested in making the belts feel important, okay, cool, no problem, this was fine for the feud and does get heat on Triple H. But doing poo poo like this is why the belts are devalued or perceived as not being important.

They did a post match promo with Sheamus where he made it seem like a big deal (and showed more signs of a heel turn) and recapped it later on so they did a pretty good job making it seem important.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I like Kane - he's in helluva shape for a guy of his age and height and is one of the most solid and safest wrestlers around. What makes his angles bad are the beyond goofy story lines and the equally bad lines by the ring commentators.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I missed Raw but I read about the Daniel Bryan/Kane bit and it sounded loving terrible

so, you know, usual for a main event Kane storyline

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

They did a post match promo with Sheamus where he made it seem like a big deal (and showed more signs of a heel turn) and recapped it later on so they did a pretty good job making it seem important.

Eh, it didn't sound much different from other 'wrestler just won a title' promos.

I'll admit some of this is because my 'sweet spot' for wrestling was from roughly Hart Foundation/Stone Cold era to 2001, where you had 'top tier' guys feuding for things like the European title. If Triple H wanted to get the title off of Dean Ambrose, why book a fatal four way against 3 schlubs and Ambrose? Why not have a a fatal four way with Evolution vs. Ambrose? They're concerned enough to want a six man match against them, but not enough to personally want to strip him of the title? It doesn't make a lot of sense, even with wrestling logic.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

I missed Raw but I read about the Daniel Bryan/Kane bit and it sounded loving terrible

so, you know, usual for a main event Kane storyline

It was the Zack Ryder Fixing A Wheel segment except Bryan is manly enough to actually fix a car.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
How long til Rose gets in a feud and his opponent hides in the bunny suit to sneak attack him?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Sir Jebus posted:

It was the Zack Ryder Fixing A Wheel segment except Bryan is manly enough to actually fix a car.

Pff he couldn't even chop a log in half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FoCpRvpZ8

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Perdido posted:

I'll admit some of this is because my 'sweet spot' for wrestling was from roughly Hart Foundation/Stone Cold era to 2001, where you had 'top tier' guys feuding for things like the European title. If Triple H wanted to get the title off of Dean Ambrose, why book a fatal four way against 3 schlubs and Ambrose? Why not have a a fatal four way with Evolution vs. Ambrose? They're concerned enough to want a six man match against them, but not enough to personally want to strip him of the title? It doesn't make a lot of sense, even with wrestling logic.
I was going to make fun of this sentiment because I mostly remember the European title as being the center of epic feuds like X-Pac vs. Shane McMahon, Al Snow vs. D'Lo Brown, Mideon vs. finding the belt in a locker, and the Euro belt being the second most important thing (besides unlimited barbecue) that Jeff Jarrett bribed Mark Henry into turning heel over.

But they did treat it pretty seriously for the year before I started watching regularly, and then again in early 2000 it was traded around by a bunch of future main eventers. So you may have a point. It was treated as an afterthought for a lot of its run, but even the dumbest former European champions (Mideon, Shane McMahon, Test, Crash Holly Al Snow) aren't really any worse than the dumbest former US champions from the same period (Mongo McMichael, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, David Flair, 48 year old Roddy Piper).

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Sir Jebus posted:

Bryan can totally plug that one wire back in. Also a huge missed opportunity to cut back to the backseat cam and show Kane hiding. Bonus points if he was giggling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We're all forgetting the most important thing

A little under 8 days until JTG's been employed for 7 years

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

TEGGS posted:

I always like silly good guy monster Kane.

I'm really disappointed they aren't even referencing when he and Bryan were tag champs. I want this feud to end with Bryan suddenly grabbing Kane in a hug. Kane struggles for a moment then is like WHOA as it all comes back and he and Bryan become friends again.

They should have went to a no contest at Extreme Rules after knocking each other out. Then on RAW revert to their Team Hell No days like the last year didn't happen, but for some reason they have the title. "No... I'm the WWE World Heavyweight Champion!"

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Lazer posted:

They should have went to a no contest at Extreme Rules after knocking each other out. Then on RAW revert to their Team Hell No days like the last year didn't happen, but for some reason they have the title. "No... I'm the WWE World Heavyweight Champion!"

Well I didn't know there was a way to make this worse until now.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
I don't get how Kane's mask works — whether the demon is supposed to be in the mask or the man — so I made a dumb comic about a dumb Raw.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Supreme Allah posted:

I'll just repeat --

I'm no fan of his but I can easily see anyone in that position going 'uh gently caress you, let someone else lose to him I tapped at Mania. by the way I'd like to win a match one of these days too.'

And they can tell him "sure, as soon as you can go ten minutes in a singles match without dying and looking like poo poo. Until then you get stuck jobbing to somebody who can carry your roidy gassy rear end."

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Want this as an avatar so bad.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

MiketheGreat posted:

I don't get how Kane's mask works — whether the demon is supposed to be in the mask or the man — so I made a dumb comic about a dumb Raw.

Thank you, for this

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

MiketheGreat posted:

This is the best thing.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

MiketheGreat posted:

This is amazing.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

MiketheGreat posted:

This is amazing.

E: ^^^

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MiketheGreat posted:

Don't stop doing dumb comics, this rules

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I for one am totally ready for WWE Films' dark and gritty reboot of Jim Carrey's "The Mask" coming soon to a theater near you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MiketheGreat posted:

Do this forever.

• Locked thread