Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

oldpainless posted:

why is that ironic?

e: oh you mean may 19th?

Yes, i am a idiot tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp

flashy_mcflash posted:

Other than the mind-bending stupidity of it, what makes you think that this extremely violent fued with Kane is targeted to children?

I think it's a great chance for DB to appeal to children/young teens by booking him in a suspenseful angle that makes Kane look the most intimidating he has in years while showing DB to be way more charismatic as the last guy they tried it with (*cough*) culminating in a Buried Alive match that makes it seem like a bad b-movie that only pushes the boundries of PG with the ending being "DB literally had to bury Kane alive to win the fued"

For reference, the last time they tried this the only ones who cared about the angle we're smarks hoping it'd somehow help Ryders push. Kids were confused and adults knew it was just some bullshit to put Cena over again. DB The White Knight Who Fights All Comers with a horror element is PG-13 at most. I'd rather read kids responses to the angle than most people who are too prideful to admit it's at least an interesting storyline that they came up with on the fly.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
At this point, Del Rio's lack of overness has transformed from a void into an actual sucking force that is able to obliterate the heat held by other wrestlers like Daniel Bryan. If you stuck him in the ring with someone who already had no heat like Curtis Axel, I fear Axel would simply collapse and die. Del Rio should really be sealed in an airtight tube of some sort to make sure that he doesn't draw in all the heat from the rest of the roster. He can be kept there and studied by future generations so that the terrible mistakes that led to such an awful creation can be avoided.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
I really don't blame Del Rio. He's tried on numerous occasions but he's been booked like garbage for forever

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Don't know if this has been posted yet but :smith:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

See Batista, trips didn't have a problem doing the job here why should you?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Sobbing like a big old baby over here drat you

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Bryan should fight Kane with a sword. That would get ratings.

This made me laugh more than it had any right to...but it would also get all the buys

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

May 19th falls on a Monday.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I watched Adam Rose's debut, just skip the part where he fades into heatless oblivion and make this gimmick part of 3MB already.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I now can't unsee Rusev as a giant muscled up George Zimmerman. Storyline fits too.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

:3:

:(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Lana awkwardly namedropping Putin makes me laugh for some reason.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Fiveace Attorney posted:

I really don't blame Del Rio. He's tried on numerous occasions but he's been booked like garbage for forever

horsecrap, he's been booked way stronger than he deserves

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
No idea how correct this is, but apparently Cena/Wyatt may go past Payback.

I do not see how, this seemed like an open/shut 3 Pay Per View deal.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I hope the Buried Alive match is how Kane retires. DB throws him into literal hell and he is just never seen again, ever, on programming. It'd be like in WCW when Brian Knobbs' last appearance had Meng throwing him out a window.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Great. Crying at work now.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Tezzor posted:

Being put into no-build or short-build title matches over and over and losing isn't being booked strong

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Hey was there no Bo Dallas video last night?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Onmi posted:

No idea how correct this is, but apparently Cena/Wyatt may go past Payback.

I do not see how, this seemed like an open/shut 3 Pay Per View deal.

Well considering how Cena basically has to win this feud at the end, it would be nice if Wyatt could get 1 PPV where he doesn't look like poo poo, lose or both.

How they're going to keep the storyline going for 2 more months though I have no idea. How do you even raise the stakes higher? Kidnap Nikki?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Well considering how Cena basically has to win this feud at the end, it would be nice if Wyatt could get 1 PPV where he doesn't look like poo poo, lose or both.

How they're going to keep the storyline going for 2 more months though I have no idea. How do you even raise the stakes higher? Kidnap Nikki?

What if that IS Bray's long plan? Kane is going to kidnap Brie, Bray will kidnap Nikki, both will be brainwashed, Kane/Bray vs. Cena/Bryan.

...gently caress.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blasmeister posted:

Yup. Kidnap CenaDad, dress him in a sheep mask, indoctrinate him while Cena goes more and more angry. Have Nikki try to comfort him, he's really not in the mood, leaves the room, DAH

Match later on, doing alright, Wyatt comes down to bait him, Harper/Rowan hits the ring and keeps him pinned to the grown. Nikki wavers down the ramp in a sheep mask and drops into Brays lap as he laughs like a maniac.

Yeah that's corny as gently caress, but the idea being "I'm going to literally take everything you hold dear, until you're broken and alone. And the only way you'll ever end me is by becoming a monster"

Also I could see him actually getting heat eventually.

HOWEVER this would require Cena look weak for an extended period... So never going to happen.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Tezzor posted:

He's had plenty of perfectly acceptable and enjoyable matches but even when he was champion it was constant stop-start pushes and belt moves

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Great White Hope posted:

What if that IS Bray's long plan? Kane is going to kidnap Brie, Bray will kidnap Nikki, both will be brainwashed, Kane/Bray vs. Cena/Bryan.

...gently caress.

Only if this leads to Bryan/Cena at Summerslam.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Daniel Bryan posted:

Where Cena gets his win back.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

Actually I would love the gently caress out of "Hero vs Hero, and if you don't kill each other we'll keep your girlfriends forever" It's so loving corny and super-heroy and comic-booky that it becomes AWESOME. And you get Cena and Bryan fighting in a Brutal match, Bryan needs to keep his wife and title safe, Cena needs to save his father and girlfriend who he's been neglecting as he's been awash in his own DESPAIR And I am obligated to post this whenever I say that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9CYcvZIIf4

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DannoMack posted:

Hey was there no Bo Dallas video last night?

It was the US Armed Forces themed video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEm15AahrdQ

Sadly, the pregnancy test video from Extreme Rules hasn't been put up on youtube so I can't annoy my friends with it.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Lana awkwardly namedropping Putin makes me laugh for some reason.

She looks like she's trying not do the same thing whenever she brings it up.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

With the way they've handled NXT callups lately

With Emma

and Paige

and Adam Rose

and probably Bo

I'm pretty sure when Sami Zayn gets called up he's just going to get in the ring and fart into a microphone four or five times before leaving.

But then Rusev has been doing pretty well (if boring), and Woods' debut was great even if what followed wasn't

Why is creative so bad with debuts?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Great White Hope posted:

...gently caress.

That would be kind of cool actually. When was the last time two storylines combined into a PPV tag match like that?

Seems like the kind of thing they will be doing more if the Network takes a bigger chunk out of PPV.

Edit: As for NXT callups... it's weird, because before The Shield and The Wyatts debuts, they had this decree that there would be "no callups without a plan in place to get them over". Guess that's out the window?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

triplexpac posted:

That would be kind of cool actually. When was the last time two storylines combined into a PPV tag match like that?

Seems like the kind of thing they will be doing more if the Network takes a bigger chunk out of PPV.

Edit: As for NXT callups... it's weird, because before The Shield and The Wyatts debuts, they had this decree that there would be "no callups without a plan in place to get them over". Guess that's out the window?

Name me a callup who hasn't had a storyline when they came in, no matter how bad?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Also, to make Cena/Bryan fight proper, the loser has to join their respective enemy side. So Cena must join the Wyatts or Bryan must join the Authority.

Then, to arc a large storyline, have the winning face go backstage and ask everyone what the gently caress with them all sitting their, letting them beat each other bloody and not coming down to help at all.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

Fiveace Attorney posted:

He's had plenty of perfectly acceptable and enjoyable matches but even when he was champion it was constant stop-start pushes and belt moves

His never ending feud with Sheamus will killed ADR I think.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Watching some old Jim Crockett stuff on the Network and listening to Ivan Koloff Krusher Kruschev cut promos in his rural Ontario Minnesota accent makes it much easier to accept Lana and Rusev.

e: too hard to keep my fake Russians straight

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 6, 2014

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Watching some old Jim Crockett stuff on the Network and listening to Ivan Koloff cut promos in his rural Ontario accent makes it much easier to accept Lana and Rusev.

Ivan Koloff is no Krusher Kruschev. :colbert:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I wouldn't say Paige has been handled badly, other than her very first appearance looking a little weak (and quickly forgotten about because who really cares about Divas enough to bring up something they did a month ago).

Bo's yet to go and Rose has just come in, so you need to give them time before writing their debuts off. Right now the only thing I think should have been done better is less repetitive videos. I don't like either gimmick, and having the same few videos played every other commercial break is intensely aggravating, but it's early days so who knows.

Rusev's doing as well as that gimmick can. Turn up, crush a minority, stare. Lana's making it work, somehow. If they were setting him up for a Lesnar-like fast main event push, I'd call it stupid. As it is it looks like he'll be kept to the undercard for quite a while, so that's fine.

Emma's the only one I'd say they've really buggered up. Even then, I can understand why they've treated her this way. You've got a comedy gimmick which gets over in NXT, you can be forgiven for thinking it will immediately come across well on the main show. Pairing her with Santino was also understandable, at first. At this point it's just gone on too long.

Wade Barrett also got off to a rocky start after NXT, but look at him now. And Heath Sla... okay, fine.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

They've had "plans" to get them over, they just are very bad and don't take obvious things into account. They apparently just expected Emma's dancing to get over by inserting her into a random team with Santino and pretending she's a BIG DEAL ON NXT as if that's going to transfer her heat or something. It's ridiculous

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'd be down with the Bryan and Cena storylines combining. Kane and Bray are both supernatural characters anyway, why not team up? It'd be a good chance to show a difference in their philosophies too: Kane straight up kidnaps Brie, but Bray indoctrinates Nikki so she's "free" but on Wyatt's side instead of Cena's.

Now we just need to figure out how to turn this into a War Games match. Shield/Bryan/Cena vs. Evolution/Kane/Bray?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Great White Hope posted:

Ivan Koloff is no Krusher Kruschev. :colbert:

Haha that's who I was thinking of actually. Koloff at least tried, Repo Man just went out and cut the most American-sounding anti-American promos ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I never saw the Rose gimmick in NXT so that was my first exposure to it other than the vignettes. I'm skeptical, but it's too early to write it off and I think it at least has some potential as a midcard face gimmick that's at least a little different than the standard goofy dancing character.

• Locked thread