Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Kvantum posted:

Yep. The former Pokemon forum mod-turned-most dangerous woman alive herself, wearing a Vegeta meme shirt, in the ring, standing next to the Rock, at Wrestlemania.

I just learned about her today (after someone mentioned she tossed Triple H around like a paper bag), and hearing all this stuff she seems super awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

kannonfodder posted:

I just learned about her today (after someone mentioned she tossed Triple H around like a paper bag), and hearing all this stuff she seems super awesome.

"would" is a simpler way of telling us your thoughts.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Kvantum posted:

Yep. The former Pokemon forum mod-turned-most dangerous woman alive herself, wearing a Vegeta meme shirt, in the ring, standing next to the Rock, at Wrestlemania.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ronda rousey is a phenom, all her fights are great

disclaimer I have not watched anything she's done in fake wrestling only in mma

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~

This is the only thing that made me laugh like Korgan posts.

5/5 keep going

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~

BATS, man, the goddamn bats.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Eh, those ones aren't nearly as subtle as the good ones, in terms of the visibility of the text.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Kvantum posted:

She was...she...a...was a...wha????

More and more my ideal woman. Only hope she has a penis too.

Oh come on!! It should be, "water you doing here??"

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Kvantum posted:

Wait wait waitwaitwait... She was a GOON?! Or am I totally misreading this...

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

EZipperelli posted:

Wait wait waitwaitwait... She was a GOON?! Or am I totally misreading this...

... do we have a Pokemon forum?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This guy in the shirt does an entire extra flip for no reason :pwn:

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

Chard posted:

I think "wrestling" is the reason.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
you don't understand, triple H is already stunned by the rock, that when he is flipped by ronda, he is super stunned and does additional backflips to indicate his injured state. it's all kayfabe

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... do we have a Pokemon forum?

Not that I know of, but that doesn't mean that we never have...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Wrestling fake you say? :what:

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Chard posted:

I think she was supposed to kick him but forgot.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
It's gotta be hard to be a real fighter and not accidentally break someone's arm when you're play fighting.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
It's also really hard to be a huge beef monster and not hurt eachother while play fighting, which is probably why they practice a lot.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I actually have a lot of respect for pro wrestlers even if I'm not into their craft, the poo poo they do is very demanding. That guy just seemed to be having a fit though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

VendaGoat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
So just to be clear. In WWE/WCW everyone involved is totally aware that it is fake but is practicing some doublethink called kayfabe and simultaneously believes it is real? What a fascinating subculture.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yeah, pretty much. they're just "always" acting. they kept a pretty tight lid on the whole matter for a while, but i believe it's pretty much just an open secret now because the fans don't care and are willing to suspend their disbelief to see oiled up men throw each other through tables.

it is pretty fascinating: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayfabe

EDIT: Triple H broke kayfabe a few months ago after he made an 8-year-old kid cry and felt bad about it: http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/wwe-triple-h-breaks-character-012315

Sally has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Mar 31, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Talorat posted:

So just to be clear. In WWE/WCW everyone involved is totally aware that it is fake but is practicing some doublethink called kayfabe and simultaneously believes it is real? What a fascinating subculture.

No, the wrestlers WWE Superstars® / sports entertainers don't engage in any kind of doublethink. Kayfabe was just to protect the business and to convince the fans that it was real. In the late 90's they broke kayfabe on TV all the time in a "wink wink nod nod" kind of way.

Today it's just straight-up gone. In the episode of Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast that had 13-time world champion and current WWE chief operating officer Paul "HHH" "Hunter Hearst Helmsley" "The Game Triple H" "The Cerebral Assassin" Levesque, Austin opened the show asking about how the fans poo poo all over the finish to this year's Royal Rumble and how hard it was to book a storyline when the fans knew so much about how wrestling works and what goes on in the locker room.

These days they count on the vast majority of the fans to have willing suspension of disbelief because wrestling, and we do. Because wrestling.

Also, WCW has been gone for 14 years.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Yeah... it's a show. People love a show. Not super complicated or fascinating.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

My favourite:

I made a more subtle one for my friend and posted it to her Facebook wall, she loved it, no one else loving noticed. :ssh:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

quote:

buncha poo poo about wrestling

Have a video that explains pretty well why, even though wrestling is fake, none of that poo poo matters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Also why none of the poo poo matters with wrasslin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RleenBy7A4

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

The Jumpoff posted:

Have a video that explains pretty well why, even though wrestling is fake, none of that poo poo matters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA

So we're gonna need someone to make some gifs from this

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

The Jumpoff posted:

From someone who doesn't watch or like wresting, this is a proclick

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Flyinglemur posted:

Yeah, I don't watch a lot either, but my brother does and the poo poo he describes just sounds loving insane and awesome and pretty enjoyable.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
:nws: http://imgur.com/1cfm6PB

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Flyinglemur posted:

The only proclicks that resulted from that post were me clicking the "close tab" button and all the clicks it took to go into my YouTube history and delete the fact that I watched 40 seconds of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VendaGoat posted:

woooooo

• Locked thread