Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
We're all capitalist consumer whores who love showing off how much disposable income we have. So flex your cash-dick in here and show us what you've recently bought.

- Don't image leech, don't break tables.

- Please give a description of what you've bought, and if it's something relatively obscure or hard to find, a link to where it can be purchased.

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Magpul MOE foregrip for my AR-15.

edit: vvv touche.

Here it is in context.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 17:18 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm thrilled that the OP combines two staples of the PYF Purchases thread:
1. Ambiguous machine part (e-cigarette? Robo cock?)
2. Gun stuff

I got these because I'm a cool guy

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

To fix my heat deflector that has turned to rust:

So I can masterfully cook these:

While I weep about a summer class that lasts both sessions: :qq:

But at least I will have some time to play Netrunner:

djfooboo has a new favorite as of 17:32 on May 6, 2014

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Got the gun stuff out of the way now someone post some shoes they think aren't ugly (they are)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Alright I got this.

I'm teaching PUA lessons for those nice guys sick of getting friendzoned, and what good would I be without a trilby?

This replacement should increase output by 15%

Good enough for the office, with jeans, in a wedding, AND the beach? Sign me the gently caress UP

Tickets to see David Mitchell

I'm broke and my marriage isn't going so well, so I figured I deserve this

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

I bought these for no real reason:

I have a dodgy battery that needs testing.

I had heartburn at the time.
e: no I still have it bad.

I'd love to know what the Amazon guy packing boxes thinks about people.

u fink u hard Percy has a new favorite as of 21:06 on May 6, 2014

Vovo
Aug 12, 2005
Grand Luxe

A book about software testing, I need it for a class I'm taking.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
Just bought a new house for the family.

Backs right onto the local conservation area and escarpment, so I'll never have neighbors looking in my back window.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Daimo posted:

I bought these for no real reason:

I have a dodgy battery that needs testing.

I bought a multimeter similar looking to that, it cost almost nothing. I meant it as a stopgap before buying a nice one but it's been excellent and I use it all the time. My only problem with it has been the lead connections sometimes need to be jiggled. Best of all I don't have to worry about dropping it or leaving it unattended.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

GTi_guy posted:

So you have to walk around your garage to get to your house?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

GTi_guy posted:

Backs right onto the local conservation area and escarpment, so I'll never have neighbors looking in my back window.

That house looks sweet, congrats. The garage doors look out of place to me, though, because of the color - I think they would look great if you matched them to the off white window shutters down the line some time.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Peanut President posted:

So you have to walk around your garage to get to your house?

I don't think I follow you correctly, but there's an entrance from the garage into the house.

CaseFace McGee posted:

That house looks sweet, congrats. The garage doors look out of place to me, though, because of the color - I think they would look great if you matched them to the off white window shutters down the line some time.

Thanks! The entire garage, inside and out, is getting renovated and finished this summer.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

GTi_guy posted:

Thanks! The entire garage, inside and out, is getting renovated and finished this summer.

:getin:

Finished garages are awesome - it can then be a true year-round mancave of awesomeness.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

GTi_guy posted:

ughhh so jealous, I wish I had a family.

I bought like 20 Peanut Butter Kitkats because the shop only gets one box in every couple months and there's some fat kid in the village that always buys them all. Maybe he'll lose some weight now that I've outplayed him.

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
A 5 pack of Perdomo Habano cigars, and a 2005 tin of Mac Baren Dark Twist pipe tobacco..

Oh, and a tasty sub from PotBelly.

T-Rexcellent
Nov 1, 2012

I got this cute little ipod case today :3:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

What is this?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

A silver bullion series called Zombucks from Provident Metals.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Creepy Goat posted:

ughhh so jealous, I wish I had a family.

I bought like 20 Peanut Butter Kitkats because the shop only gets one box in every couple months and there's some fat kid in the village that always buys them all. Maybe he'll lose some weight now that I've outplayed him.

But now you'll be the fat kid.

I bought a 250gb ssd for a computer at work after accidentally swapping out the wrong drive and essentially stealing my coworker's 250 ssd, leaving him with a 120 ssd we previously thought was bad but seems to be functional. I just feel bad about my mistake so I'll give him the new 250 and give the 120 to a friend who still has no ssd.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Before working out this AM I bought these, gym shorts, and a cheap t-shirt because I procrastinate on laundry too much.

mystes
May 31, 2006

colas posted:

Before working out this AM I bought these, gym shorts, and a cheap t-shirt because I procrastinate on laundry too much.
I have a couple pairs of the shorter version of these and I like them. They're comfortable to just wear as normal underwear bit also to work out or even run in under gym shorts.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

I need new dresses.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My mom was on vacation in Tennessee a few weeks ago and toured the factory. She brought him a 750 of every flavor and gave me the Black Cherry one. That poo poo was like Juicy Juice.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I love the Sentinels from X-Men, and jumped on one of those daily t-shirt things that had one of a Sentinel face.

$10+$6.80 S&H from Arteesel.com

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I really shouldn't buy this until next summer, but prices are slated to increase this summer.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I would never have guessed that a watch could be insecure as gently caress.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got this yesterday but it still counts:

Novation Mininova Analog Modeling Synthesizer

It owns so far and I've had a lot of fun playing with it. I still haven't even heard half the drat presets because I've been tinkering around with the first half. And the vocoder is a real treat because I've never had one before.

Revenna Fox
Feb 2, 2011

State Og Customer Service Representative Number 7636
I am the hugest nerd

alcyon
Mar 9, 2010

P cool.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

How long have you been a serial killer?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Vovo posted:

A book about software testing, I need it for a class I'm taking.

Please just remember Tmap is a methodology that will give you many things but as soon as you run into a project saying "we are fully Tmap compliant" you should run like the wind. The best part is that at least everyone will be talking about the same thing when a "Testcase" is discussed.

No method can make up for incompetence but with testing and Tmap it is worse.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

My iPod was starting to fall apart and as I need music on my train travels, picked up one of these second hand:

and a pair of these (though had to order twice as stupid thieving bastard courier stole the first two)

Playing my music of all bit rates, without having to convert to 16/44 is very nice.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

spookygonk posted:

My iPod was starting to fall apart and as I need music on my train travels, picked up one of these second hand:

Edit So hey that is that? brightness on my phone was down, couldn't read the make/model.

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 12:48 on May 7, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

spookygonk posted:

Do you have to use high-end headphones to really enjoy this?

alcyon
Mar 9, 2010

sassassin posted:

How long have you been a serial killer?

Ah come on man, that thing is rad. It'll look pretty sweet on a shelf next to my skulls (I do actually have a collection of human skulls. Not kidding.) It was fifteen bucks. A right loving steal. Alcohol, money and the internet make for the most sound purchasing decisions!

fe: wierd noone wants to visit my goon hovel though.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Revenna Fox posted:

I am the hugest nerd

Scarf posted:

- Please give a description of what you've bought, and if it's something relatively obscure or hard to find, a link to where it can be purchased.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Red posted:

I love the Sentinels from X-Men, and jumped on one of those daily t-shirt things that had one of a Sentinel face.

$10+$6.80 S&H from Arteesel.com

Oh snap, thanks!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

It's clearly a combination MP3 player and water pump, you philistine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

This weekend, I bought a paper hygroscope sword for newspaper printing. Patent date is 1934, it may be as new as late 1940s. You wave it around in the air for 30 seconds to set it to ambient humidity, twist the gauge face until it lines up with the needle, then stick it into the middle of a stack of newsprint to measure relative humidity of the paper. You want it to be between 5 and 8 percent above the humidity of the room to avoid wrinkling and warping. They asked me what I was going to do with it, I said "I'm going to put it on a display shelf, but I'm also going to measure the humidity of stacks of paper with it just because I can."

It's made by Accurate Machine & Tool Corporation and the gauge says it's patented by the Lithographic Technical Institute. I can't find anything about it other than the patent (filed 1931, granted 1934.) I bought it at a tag sale, so no link to buy one for yourself.

ninjahedgehog posted:

\

quote:

Looks like it's a Chaparral Corotor II Plus with C-band and Ku-band feedhorns.
http://www.chaparral.net/feed-horns/corotor-ii-plus-feedhorns/

The center part rotates to tune to different satellites and the bolted-on parts are LNBs, which receive the satellite transmission and output an RF signal over a coax cable. In his picture, the part connected to the left feedhorn is a C-band LNB (Norsat brand?) and the one on the right is a Ku band LNB.

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 20:37 on May 7, 2014