Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I also bought bike brakes. Birthday present to myself.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 21:06 on May 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Quote is not edit.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

We spent a lot of money at Costco today

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FishBulb posted:

We spent a lot of money at Costco today
You did good though! What game(s) did you get with the PS4?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You did good though! What game(s) did you get with the PS4?

Just Trials so far, but I have all the PS+ games downloaded already. I'll probably get Watchdogs just so I have something to play on it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FishBulb posted:

Just Trials so far, but I have all the PS+ games downloaded already. I'll probably get Watchdogs just so I have something to play on it.
Get Infamous too! Or rent it from GameFly, at least. It's a very fun game that can show you what the system is capable of. Though there's no multiplayer and I don't know how many times you'd want to replay it after you beat it, if you even would at all, so you're probably better off renting it. That's what I did.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Two sets of erasable ball point pens because the students at my school constantly gently caress up where to sign on school forms. Now I just need to keep a super strict eye on these fuckers so they don't steal them from me.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Trip report: Stroh still a bad idea

SweetSassyMolassy
Oct 31, 2010

Still piecing my rig together. I rather like how everything except the video card has come out black and blue. Didn't intend that but it's nice.

in addition to the case(Thermaltake A31), power supply(Corsair CX500M), SSD(240GB PNY XLR8 Pro) and video card(PowerColor Radeon 7850) I previously got, I now have my motherboard, ram and optical drive.

MOBO is an Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 socketed for AM3+ at $107 w/rebate
Optical drive is a Lite-On DVD writer at $15 because I've had both Samsung and LG white goods die on me almost immediately after the warranty ended. Not doing Korean electronics if I don't have to.
Ram is a pack of ADATA XPG 2x4GB DDR3 1600 at $55 w/rebate

So far the rebates are:
Corsair: Arrived first and was a nifty visa credit card with the Corsair logo on it.
PNY: Arrived second and was a check.
PowerColor: Processing
Thermaltake: Processing
Asus: Rebate documents in the mail
ADATA: Rebate documents In the mail

Got the build more or less done and all I have missing is the CPU and which version of Windows to buy. Next paycheck I suppose. Jeb is there for moral support and as a reminder for what game needs to be purchased first.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
So do you have a phone or tablet that you get a lot of glare on? Does it collect fingerprints to the point of absurdity? Do your fingers keep slipping when you try to do a longpress because you're a clumsy idiot?

I love the hell out of these matte finish Tech Armor protectors because they cut glare, have a nice texture to prevent slipping, and are amazingly good at resisting fingerprints. I bought one for my Nexus 4 last year and I just got one for my Nexus 7 as well and I just can't do without them now. They also come with really good installation instructions, dust-removing sticky tape, and (most importantly) a set of three so you can gently caress up the first one or two because you're a clumsy idiot like me.

They don't look as nice as the clear ones (which is what my wife uses on her devices) but I think they're fantastic. They make a ballistic glass version too which I've never used but it's probably good too. They also make them for drat near every device you can think of.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

axia posted:

Coloradian here, impossible to get deductible free windshields in this state - at least in my experience.

That's just yours as I have it here in Colorado. Thanks, State Farm.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Heresiarch posted:

So do you have a phone or tablet that you get a lot of glare on? Does it collect fingerprints to the point of absurdity? Do your fingers keep slipping when you try to do a longpress because you're a clumsy idiot?

I love the hell out of these matte finish Tech Armor protectors because they cut glare, have a nice texture to prevent slipping, and are amazingly good at resisting fingerprints. I bought one for my Nexus 4 last year and I just got one for my Nexus 7 as well and I just can't do without them now. They also come with really good installation instructions, dust-removing sticky tape, and (most importantly) a set of three so you can gently caress up the first one or two because you're a clumsy idiot like me.

They don't look as nice as the clear ones (which is what my wife uses on her devices) but I think they're fantastic. They make a ballistic glass version too which I've never used but it's probably good too. They also make them for drat near every device you can think of.

If you weren't aware they also offer a lifetime warranty and will ship you a new set of three for pretty much any reason.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Got my Dorys in. These are great, thanks for the recommendation. Perfect mix between a skate shoe and a boat shoe.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
:woop:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Nice yamaha, what's the engine size?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's only a 250, but that little baby screams. Got it up to 90 on the speedo today. It's a 2009, only 4,000 miles on it.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

A pair of these

And tickets to this

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Scarf posted:

Got my Dorys in. These are great, thanks for the recommendation. Perfect mix between a skate shoe and a boat shoe.

I need to do my laces like this, standard criss-cross just doesn't do it for me any more.

Smart colourway, too.

My last purchase was a pack of Tesco's Finest Salted Caramel and Chocolate cookies. But I don't think I need a photo, because biscuits.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
A bought a condo about a month ago, for a home that's a recent purchase. It was priced to sell quick so I got a really good deal/interest rate. My monthly payment (inc principal, escrow, interest, hoa) will be cut in half once we complete the move. It's about half the size of my current house but less than a third of the price.

I think utilities will be much cheaper too but I'll have to wait and see.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

wigbot v2.0 posted:

I need to do my laces like this, standard criss-cross just doesn't do it for me any more.

Smart colourway, too.

Yeah, I always lace straight-bar if I'm gonna convert them to slides. Though I thought about picking something crazy from here: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

Scarf has a new favorite as of 15:05 on May 20, 2014

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Scarf posted:

Yeah, I always lace straight-bar if I'm gonna convert them to slides. Though I thought about picking something crazy from here: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

I go with what that site calls straight European lacing. It tightens more easily, and it doesn't corrugate the vamp like standard straight lacing seems to.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
I bought this doohickey:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U1MOM8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque

so I can keep an eye on my car without having to go to autozone.

It also has the benefit of being able to add additional gauges and whatsits using my tablet/phone. Kinda neat.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
New ride. I've never had so much fun in an automobile.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Two sweet new rides, awesome.

rds
Nov 28, 2004

Drogadon posted:

A pair of these

And tickets to this

I can't even believe the line-up this show has.. Color me jealous, sir/madam.

Finally caved and bought my own coffee maker so that I can just walk to the train in the morning now that it's warm out, instead of having to swing by a coffee shop.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

I need a lock to supplement my Kryptonite u-lock.

TheHouseofM has a new favorite as of 02:59 on May 21, 2014

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

TheHouseofM posted:

I need a lock to supplement my Kryptonite u-lock.

The kryptonite chains are pretty drat good too, I had one on my motorcycle when it got stolen (chain went through the wheel and frame, sadly not anything else and the bike was put in a van). According to the police it really stumped the thieves for a few hours (they were a bunch of armed robbers who, unfortunately for them, were under surveillance at the time). They eventually got it off though.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
I let my bike go 4 years ago to put a down payment on my house. I've regretted it ever since so on a whim i emailed the guy I sold it to and he sold it back to me for 4 grand. God it's such a beautiful machine.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

OptimusMatrix posted:

I let my bike go 4 years ago to put a down payment on my house. I've regretted it ever since so on a whim i emailed the guy I sold it to and he sold it back to me for 4 grand. God it's such a beautiful machine.

My buddy had an R6 for a while and loved it. He eventually sold it and got an R1 and totaled it within 24 hours of buying it. Whoops. Great bikes but I'll never get one.

HeySka
Jan 3, 2006

...or is it?

https://www.lotusgrill.com.au/

Picked up the Lotusgrill last night at a local shop in Nuremberg. We saw this over the weekend and did some research. We needed a new, portable grill and I was thoroughly impressed with the small amount of charcoal that is needed to cook for over an hour. The design is perfect and the color was great for the retro look we are going for on our balcony. It also helps that this grill doesn't warm up on the exterior which makes it perfect for patio grilling.

Also this Edwin Buddy denim jacket for occasional wear:

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

HeySka posted:

https://www.lotusgrill.com.au/

Picked up the Lotusgrill last night at a local shop in Nuremberg. We saw this over the weekend and did some research. We needed a new, portable grill and I was thoroughly impressed with the small amount of charcoal that is needed to cook for over an hour. The design is perfect and the color was great for the retro look we are going for on our balcony. It also helps that this grill doesn't warm up on the exterior which makes it perfect for patio grilling.

We also have this grill, it's pretty drat nice honestly. Just have to think about having spare batteries around :eng101:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I needed more spring/summer colors, so

Couldn't really get the colors looking right. For comparison, here are professional shots of the first two shirts:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sneakers.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Did they give you a bulk discount???

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

NotAnArtist posted:

Did they give you a bulk discount???

No it's just one of my all time favourite colourways and I'm gay.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I just bought this bikini!

$37 from VS after shipping. Awww yeah.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Went in looking for new boots (which were out of stock). Walked out with

Camelback Omega 3L

Fenix Ld22 LED torch (which is awesome)

Cleaning kit for the Camelback

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

rds posted:

Finally caved and bought my own coffee maker so that I can just walk to the train in the morning now that it's warm out, instead of having to swing by a coffee shop.

Thank you for not buying a Keurig

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
What's wrong with the Keurig brand makers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SpartanIV posted:

What's wrong with the Keurig brand makers?

I don't know kcups make the best coffee ever.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 18:04 on May 22, 2014