Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
x6.

We're down to 1.75 bottles from a few weeks ago. They have been out of stock for months and I have been craving a good margarita. This stuff is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Butterfly knives and peppermint schnapps!

Oh man, I'm only halfway there this week! Gotta make a liquor run soon..

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Me, absolutely blasted on fine whiskeys that cost more than a poor person’s car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3svq8EX01U

I've thought about this every time I see "party's over" for over 30 years now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I bought a winterish jacket, shame it's been 90* F here for the past two weeks so it'll be months before I actually get to wear it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Shrapnig posted:

I bought a winterish jacket, shame it's been 90* F here for the past two weeks so it'll be months before I actually get to wear it.

I got this jacket from a sample sale, and I'm bummed since I can't wear it out any time soon either.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

H110Hawk posted:

x6.

We're down to 1.75 bottles from a few weeks ago. They have been out of stock for months and I have been craving a good margarita. This stuff is amazing.

You know you can just juice some limes and make some simple syrup, right?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

This seems like a poly fill fall jacket, down to maybe 45F.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

This seems like a poly fill fall jacket, down to maybe 45F.

That's what I was looking for, something to replace a ratty North Face jacket with something more fashionable.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

prayer group posted:

You know you can just go to the store and buy this, right? Plus this has lemon juice and other mysterious "natural flavors" in it.

Wife picked up 3 more bottles today. :3:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

I got this jacket from a sample sale, and I'm bummed since I can't wear it out any time soon either.

This is rad as hell, not my aesthetic, but I dig it. If the body and trim were gray/black with the pink/purple cuffs I'd try to pull something off.

I have these shoes that I could try to work something out with:

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

prayer group posted:

Why would you ever need simple syrup for margs?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Skrill.exe posted:

Straight lime juice is too tart and acidic for me. I put something in there to cut it when making them from scratch. Simple syrup, maybe a dash of oj.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Skrill.exe posted:

Facts

H110Hawk posted:

Straight lime juice is too tart and acidic for me. I put something in there to cut it when making them from scratch. Simple syrup, maybe a dash of oj.

Cointreau!

Edit: Cointreau or its many knockoffs will impart that syrupy sweetness and the bit of orange in any marg.

Shrapnig has a new favorite as of 02:27 on Jul 12, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I liked the idea of AWD cause I have some nasty hills. It actually was pretty nice in certain situations but not worth the hassle with the complex belt system. The old one had those nasty hard plastic wheels. New Honda has nice rubber tires. Only asphalt I have to drive over is my driveway but the soft tires are just better.

Well domestic use is a different animal altogether even if it had hard tyres, I mean you don't run the thing 7 hrs every day anyway, I imagine.

Unless you're that neighbour.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Facts

Cointreau!

Edit: Cointreau or its many knockoffs will impart that syrupy sweetness and the bit of orange in any marg.

I prefer grand mariner. Either way one of those is effort and time to perfect and the other is 3/4 glass of ice in this random stemless redwine glass I have , 3oz sauza hornitos tequila reposado, 1oz grand mariner, top with mix, stir.

If you discount marg mix out of hand (or shop shame it) you should try this stuff. It's the only one I've ever tried and been delicious. The rest of the ones I've tried I either poured out or suffered through and never bought again.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

x6.

I’ll have to keep an eye it for that! Do you live somewhere blessed enough for Trader Joes to have a full liquor license, or is this something that would be stocked with the wine and beer?

Ever time I go to Chicago I stock on cheap unlabeled Buffalo Trace bourbon since Trader Joes in Ohio doesn’t sell liquor :(

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

I’ll have to keep an eye it for that! Do you live somewhere blessed enough for Trader Joes to have a full liquor license, or is this something that would be stocked with the wine and beer?

Ever time I go to Chicago I stock on cheap unlabeled Buffalo Trace bourbon since Trader Joes in Ohio doesn’t sell liquor :(

Full license. I get all the ingredients in one rack of boozy goodness.

And to comment on the ice actually: The icemaker in my LG fridge compacts a ton when you actually pour liquid onto it, if you had larger cubes I would suggest less ice. I do like mine super cold though.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Facts

Cointreau!

I typically do Cointreau as well, or Aperol if we're taking palomas (which are much better anyway), but if you must do a syrup of some kind it should be agave nectar.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
doo doo doo why would you do anything but stick a mighty morphin power rangers crazy straw into a liter of popov

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Wow I threw this thread into a fuckin tailspin. My home marg has triple sec (Cointreau is too expensive, Clement Creole Shrubb owns), a bit of simple syrup, is uncircumcised and tips generously.

I bought a car this week, which is huge for us. Previous ride was my fiance's 2008 PT Cruiser, so this 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring is a pretty steep upgrade. Bluetooth, blind spot sensors, functional air conditioning, the works. I've been driving hand-me-downs and various other pieces of poo poo my whole life, and buying a good car has been something I've wished for every day for years. One time a car I was driving caught on fire.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nice! Yeah, going to new cars is something else. My new car has all sorts of stupid poo poo I hate in it (and a lot of stuff I love). First thing I did was turn off all the blinds spot/lane alert/etc notifications because regular driving in the city just constantly sets off everything.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Shrapnig posted:

:hfive: woefully-out-of-season-purchase buddy! I recently bought this for a song:

Yet I live in central TX, so there are about 3 days out of the year when I can wear it and those 3 days are months away. :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I spent $30 on eBay for a CD copy of the album that got me interested in drum & bass in 2005.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I’m pretty sure the “recipe” on the bottle calls for orange liqueur, but it’s decent with only tequila.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Since we have been forced into lockdown for almost 2 months now, I've been slowly cleaning the fetid pond that was in the back of the garden of the house we purchased 2 years ago. It would be a great source of wonder for our 2 years old daughter.

Today I purchased a new pump to make the waterfall run again, and I kidnapped a few frogs from the shop's pools outside.

Someone asked for more pics so here's an update of the pond, now with the new purchase of a few fishes (golden orfes). Also somewhere hidden in there is a mysterious stowaway fish. I think it was hidden in one of the plants as a fry, but now it's as large as the orfes. My guess is that it's a stickleback

The floating Christmas decorations are cheap DIY heron deterrents and they work just great.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Someone asked for more pics so here's an update of the pond, now with the new purchase of a few fishes (golden orfes). Also somewhere hidden in there is a mysterious stowaway fish. I think it was hidden in one of the plants as a fry, but now it's as large as the orfes. My guess is that it's a stickleback

The floating Christmas decorations are cheap DIY heron deterrents and they work just great.

This is really cool, thanks for sharing! I love zen little backyard spaces like this :3:

For content, spent some stupid money and bought some new kitchen ware. Upgrading our ten year old Victorinox knives with a shun 8” chef knife and paring knife:

Also updating some of our 60+ year old Revere Ware with some All-Clad factory seconds I found on ebay from a seller that appears to be the same entity as the manufacturer uses for their yearly seconds sale. Bought a skillet, pot, and saute pan:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

It better be good.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Why is there a Pokémon doing police work?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Gotta catch em all!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Gotta cop em all!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

djfooboo posted:

Why is there a Pokémon doing police work?

look, the situation is not ideal. I think we can all agree on that.

However, I think we can also agree that it's far better than the alternative where a cop is doing Pokemon work. Is that what you want?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Some shirts

Some records

A balance board

Some whisky

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 04:08 on Jul 14, 2020

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I absolutely cannot use a balance board. I was in physical therapy last year and they had this table set up with chains so you would wobble but needed to keep your balance and I just ate poo poo like I was being paid for swap2.avi.

We didn't worry about the balance after that. Just like, calf stretches. Getting old sucks but pinching 2 nerves in your back sucks worse.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

A balance board

What's this for?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

colas posted:

What's this for?

quote:

Building up strength in your core, back, and shoulders, can help correct your posture, reducing back pain, neck pain, pain in weight bearing joints, as well as other health effects. Using a balance board is a great way to build up postural muscle strength.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I absolutely cannot use a balance board. I was in physical therapy last year and they had this table set up with chains so you would wobble but needed to keep your balance and I just ate poo poo like I was being paid for swap2.avi.

We didn't worry about the balance after that. Just like, calf stretches. Getting old sucks but pinching 2 nerves in your back sucks worse.

Yeah I fully anticipate eating poo poo for a bit. I had a nasty sprain in my right ankle recently and it is not feeling strong at all. So I picked up some more beginner/intermediate fulcrums (?) as well since that roller looks challenging. Though that board also has magnetic stops you can move around so you can adjust the difficulty that way as well.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

ReidRansom posted:

Some shirts

Some records

Got links to these?

For content:

Been waiting for a restock on these, looks like they're selling slower than usual, so I was able to grab one in my size. Now I just need to hope the other one I want is in stock come Friday.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Reid's purchases are too cool, God drat it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

e: ^^^ thanks! :D

Xenoletum posted:

Got links to these?

For content:

Been waiting for a restock on these, looks like they're selling slower than usual, so I was able to grab one in my size. Now I just need to hope the other one I want is in stock come Friday.

Shirt is from Candy Corpse. They're sold out at the moment, but I saw on Insta they're doing a restock at some point soon. Also available as a sports bra.

The records came from Light in the Attic. A couple of them are backordered there (I just got these in after ordering them back in like April), but the Momoko Kikuchi one is also available at Ship to Shore PhonoCo, who also have some other cool city pop stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

spookygonk posted:

Building up strength in your core, back, and shoulders, can help correct your posture, reducing back pain, neck pain, pain in weight bearing joints, as well as other health effects. Using a balance board is a great way to build up postural muscle strength.

One more ? - how much time does one typically spend on a balance board session or workout?