Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I purchased a new guitar pedal to go with the not-guitar

Nice Meris collection! I got a Hedra recently and really like it and have started eyeing an Ottobit.

quote:

Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water. It sounds like nostalgia and wrinkled tapes.

I’ve heard that the Shallow Water is the next best thing to the Generation Loss (which, the Chase Bliss version is going for $1000 ffs) but I’ve been waiting to see what happens with the Arcades + Generation Loss card before I commit to anything. Have you messed with a GenLoss (or Demedash T-120) at all? If so, how does the Shallow Water stack up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Just got a Costco membership and bought some açaí bowls.

What’s some good vegetarian stuff?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

djfooboo posted:

Hail gay seitan

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

djfooboo posted:

The Bitchin’ Sauce if the Costco thread is to be believed.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lawen posted:

Nice Meris collection! I got a Hedra recently and really like it and have started eyeing an Ottobit.

They really do nice effects. Ottobit is probably the most fun of the lot. Not your traditional effect that's for sure.

Lawen posted:

I’ve heard that the Shallow Water is the next best thing to the Generation Loss (which, the Chase Bliss version is going for $1000 ffs) but I’ve been waiting to see what happens with the Arcades + Generation Loss card before I commit to anything. Have you messed with a GenLoss (or Demedash T-120) at all? If so, how does the Shallow Water stack up?

Never tried the Generation loss nor the T-120 even though I remember watching video demos and finding that they sounded really nice. The thing is I mostly wanted an effect that would give me that warm Boards of Canada sound easily. This is something that I was lacking, my other effects are great but way too "clinical" sounding. I do have a TC electronics Mojo Mojo that gives great warmth to the sound, but not this old tape character. I tried to replicate something similar in the modular (with a random source effecting the pitch a lpg and a bit of overdrive), but it was just too much of a hassle for mediocre results.

The Shallow water just nails that sound I was looking for. It's probably almost a one pony trick, but that's exactly what I was after so no complain. Also it has tons of gain so I don't need to boost the signal back into the modular which is a plus. It also distorts nicely. I almost purchased a lofi junky but I'm glad I went for this one instead because I think it does "that" sound just so much better. I probably wouldn't use the gen loss or T-120 to their full potential so I'm quite happy with this purchase

e: found a nice comparison video for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAGLBOcZE1Q

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 23:50 on Sep 17, 2020

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Tim Whatley posted:

I too am buying a 3080 tomorrow. I also have a Meshify C but the regular size, in white. If I get the Nvidia 3080 FE it will just fit, otherwise I need a new case. Got a radiator on the front and I can't mount it on top due to RAM.

lol this is what I THOUGHT I was doing, but they all sold out everywhere instantly

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Not a Children posted:

lol this is what I THOUGHT I was doing, but they all sold out everywhere instantly

Hell yeah same. Glad this poo poo went down at 9 here and not like 3am.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah big same. Nothing.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Stupid poo poo

And some retro e30 m3 evo fabric to redo my seats ftw

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Is number 4 a cock-ring or a particularly modern style of sneaker?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Also, do the aluminum foil shoes have a raised heel on them or is it just the lighting?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Just the lighting really. Google Adidas x Concepts Boston Marathon for pics on feet :)

It’s just a dumb shirt I like

Oh yeah I have one of these due shortly too

Should be one of the first in the country

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

I hope the AD treated your wife well.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Bape never stop posting, your stuff is super cool.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MA-Horus posted:

Bape never stop posting, your stuff is super cool.

Hell yeah :justpost: everyone.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I bought some expensive slippers because the cheap ones seem to fall apart:

They're comfy and warm!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Not a Children posted:

It's been years since I've bought any kind of electronics on release, and I forgot that people snatch that all up immediately. I tried to snag a PS5 for a friend on Walmart when it became available, but they apparently sold out in about 2 seconds.

I got this exercise bike:

Schwinn Airdyne AD6

I like it a lot. I was never too interested in fan bikes, but they have a good feel to the pedaling motion. The right resistance is easy to zero in on, because it's entirely based on how hard you pedal. I'm 5'9" though, and I have a hard time reaching the handle bars at full extension, so that's one frustration. Also, it's loud - not an unpleasant sound, but if I want TV on, I have to turn it way the hell up. I'm getting a lot of use out of it, and definitely prefer it to magnetic resistance.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Captain Lavender posted:

It's been years since I've bought any kind of electronics on release, and I forgot that people snatch that all up immediately. I tried to snag a PS5 for a friend on Walmart when it became available, but they apparently sold out in about 2 seconds.

I got this exercise bike:

Schwinn Airdyne AD6

I like it a lot. I was never too interested in fan bikes, but they have a good feel to the pedaling motion. The right resistance is easy to zero in on, because it's entirely based on how hard you pedal. I'm 5'9" though, and I have a hard time reaching the handle bars at full extension, so that's one frustration. Also, it's loud - not an unpleasant sound, but if I want TV on, I have to turn it way the hell up. I'm getting a lot of use out of it, and definitely prefer it to magnetic resistance.

I’ve gotten more into cycling this year than any year before and would want an indoor bike to keep up my fitness. However I’m not aware of an exercise bike that freewheels. I’m used to being able to coast on my bike and when I try it on an exercise bike the pedals are directly attached to the flywheel and the momentum of the flywheel wants to rip my knees out when I try to coast as the pedals keep turning.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

I've wanted a cat for as far back as my memory goes, and now that time is near.

She just needs to finish kitty homeschooling and then I will have a new resident in my home. :)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Awh :3:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's a slick Rolex. Some of them are way too busy, and that's so smooth I thought it was a Grand Seiko on first glance.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I bought a signed copy of Taylor Swift's new album, immediately admonished myself for spending $30, and then immediately spent $20 because Resident Evil/0/4 and Saints Row 2 were on sale on Steam

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
A used antenna amplifier for my car, so that my keyfob will have more than three inches of range.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

I'm going to need a bigger bookshelf for these.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Stupid poo poo

Give me those Air Maxes, thanks.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

evobatman posted:

A used antenna amplifier for my car, so that my keyfob will have more than three inches of range.

Just stick the keyfob against your skull. Instant range boost!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
New car day, a got myself 2005 Highlander.

Car’s got a lot of pickup, but I gotta fix the cigarette lighter.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I am loving tired of having to choose games to uninstall when I want to install a new game. Every game these days is like 80GB so a 500GB drive just doesn't go as far as it used to, and I bought these.

Samsung 2TB NVME m.2 SDD

A PCIE m.2 adapter so I can use it on my 5 year old motherboard (Z97 so NVME over PCIE is supported)

I'm probably going to be building a new PC in the next few years, and this drive should be good for quite some time, so I don't feel too bad about spending more money on it to upgrade my current PC.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How often do you guys buy winter house slippers? Seems like you’d want to replace them each year if you wear them with bare feet.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I just ordered 40 bucks worth of crap to get a fire stick working on an old monitor. That has a 5:4 aspect ratio. And only a DVI input. And no speakers. :derp:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Just ordered some 60x40cm prints of each separate piece of Takiyasha the Witch and the Skeleton Spectre (linked for huge) which I'm planning on framing and hanging side by side in my apartment, because I am a huge weeb who is bad with money. :skeltal:
I had to do some AI upscaling to get a decent, printable resolution and it does come off a little blurry at full size but I think it's going to look alright when it's been shrinked down again. At least it looks better than my attempt to upscale Them! posters. Speaking of, if anyone knows a good place to find hi-res vintage movie posters hmu!

Nastyman has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Sep 19, 2020

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

How often do you guys buy winter house slippers? Seems like you’d want to replace them each year if you wear them with bare feet.

Every 2 years for me.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Josh Lyman posted:

It's been several years since I bought a new pair, but I pop 'em into the washing machine about once a month during the winter months when I'm wearing them.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Mikl posted:

It's been several years since I bought a new pair, but I pop 'em into the washing machine about once a month during the winter months when I'm wearing them.

Yeah, I bought new ones because my old ones were falling apart

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Josh Lyman posted:

My solution is to just not wear them with bare feet, can’t stand slipper trenchfoot.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My entire state is on fire so there's good deals on fire pits

Yukon 27" with stand, cover, and spark screen. The missus has been wanting a firepit for ages and this seems to be a great one!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My entire state is on fire so there's good deals on fire pits

Yukon 27" with stand, cover, and spark screen. The missus has been wanting a firepit for ages and this seems to be a great one!

And you can just fill it with all the free fire too! Now that's a savvy consumer.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
Are those are smoke free as they claim (vs. a regular backyard chimney fire pit)?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OSU_Matthew posted:

I clicked on a youtube link, which caused me to click on another link, and before I knew it I was on ebay adding to my vinyl collection

https://youtu.be/a3w6j-jOOXU

I got that record for free from a bar. Dunno where the landlord had gotten it and don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Spy_Guy posted:

I've wanted a cat for as far back as my memory goes, and now that time is near.

She just needs to finish kitty homeschooling and then I will have a new resident in my home. :)

MY GOSH