Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Not a Children posted:

I wanted to get a print of Pocket Park after you posted it and took one look at the price and noped out

It's super chill music though, put it on my spotify rotation

You talking about the reissue? I suppose it's a bit high, yeah, and with shipping factored in a such. But it's far better than what vintage copies are going for.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

~24000 bees.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Those bees are gonna take horrible photos.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rolo posted:

Those bees are gonna take horrible photos.
I guess we'll find out after the 24000 tiny cameras arrive.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

BEES!?! Waiting on the cartoon moment when the crates accidentally open in the car while you’re driving.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nostrata posted:

~24000 bees.

Who are you mailing them too?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

nostrata posted:

~24000 bees.

It's too bad they didn't arrive in time for april fool's day but sometimes a belated april fools prank is even better because they aren't expecting it. I think 24,000 bees will be very memorable to your victim.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Beelated

DangerousSmells
Jan 3, 2021

DrBouvenstein posted:

14 cup Cuisinart food processor:

Always wanted a nice one, finally bit the bullet and got one the other week from a sale on Sidedeal.

I love mine. I think of something new to use it for once a month. Comes in super handy around the big meal-focused holidays as well. I wish mine was that color. Great purchase!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Magic Underwear posted:

It's too bad they didn't arrive in time for april fool's day but sometimes a belated april fools prank is even better because they aren't expecting it. I think 24,000 bees will be very memorable to your victim.

I think you've misunderstood; this is their plan bee.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

nostrata posted:

~24000 bees.

Wait are you my friend? He bought some bees which he said is sold by the pound.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Some new shoes for my daily driver. I’ve had it for over two years and normally I buy new wheels much sooner than that but I’ve had other cars to mod in the meantime so this one was just driven with stock wheels. For shame.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ooooo., I like those. You should look into how much it would be to bronze the chrome trim to match. I've never looked into it but I've heard the vinyl overlays aren't that expensive.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

NewFatMike posted:

Got some camping gear today:

Very excited for my spouse and I to go camping with our not incredibly leaky air mattress and to live on something that is not foil packs!

Hell yeah! Those two burner propane stoves are :discourse:

You should swing by and post in the camping gear thread!

Any fun destinations planned with the new gear?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm nearing the end of my Dark Shadows watchathon, so I got this:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ooooo., I like those. You should look into how much it would be to bronze the chrome trim to match. I've never looked into it but I've heard the vinyl overlays aren't that expensive.

I’ll post when they arrive, but I have carbon-look vinyl overlays coming for the chrome. They were like $18. The dash has some carbon-look trim from the factory so it won’t be totally out of place. I’ve just been lazy on upgrading anything cosmetic on this car. I should get the windows tinted as well.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Some new shoes for my daily driver. I’ve had it for over two years and normally I buy new wheels much sooner than that but I’ve had other cars to mod in the meantime so this one was just driven with stock wheels. For shame.

Daaaaang those look sweet on there!

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

calandryll posted:

Wait are you my friend? He bought some bees which he said is sold by the pound.

I don't know about sold 'by the pound', I'm guessing they mean counted by the pound. Those are '3lb' boxes that contain approximately 12000 bees plus 1 queen that has been marked. She's in a smaller box inside the main box that is plugged with candy. The time it takes to eat through the candy gives the queen a chance to get control of the hive.

I plan on setting the bees to work making me honey for fun and profit, but the box is the perfect size to shove through a doggy door.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

OSU_Matthew posted:

Hell yeah! Those two burner propane stoves are :discourse:

You should swing by and post in the camping gear thread!

Any fun destinations planned with the new gear?

I volunteer for a camp, so we get to head up there whenever! It's in central Wisconsin. One day we hope to get a little trailer and do cross country campouts!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

nostrata posted:

I don't know about sold 'by the pound', I'm guessing they mean counted by the pound. Those are '3lb' boxes that contain approximately 12000 bees plus 1 queen that has been marked. She's in a smaller box inside the main box that is plugged with candy. The time it takes to eat through the candy gives the queen a chance to get control of the hive.

I plan on setting the bees to work making me honey for fun and profit, but the box is the perfect size to shove through a doggy door.

Good luck.

I keep bees and some years they all make it through without a hitch, while some others a random freeze/thaw can introduce a ton of moisture into a hive and kill them. It seems like this year both of my hives overwintered well.

We are getting another colony this spring as payment for my goat buck’s “services” to a few pretty little does.

The expensive part isn’t the bees themselves, it’s continually buying boxes, frames, tools, bee suits, then eventually a centrifuge, etc. etc. We got lucky and two of the surgeons I know gave us most of the big equipment and even still we are nowhere near actually profiting from the honey so it’s a good thing it’s an enjoyable hobby on its own, and we use a ton of honey at home.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Managed to get the 2 best releases of the year. Clots and DQMs. And some good wheels for a project.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

The profit was kind of a joke, I don't think I'll be ready for that scale at any time soon. I did get a bunch of stuff second hand so that offset the cost quite a bit. No centrifuge yet but I won't need one for a while. I do hope I can get enough honey to have some to try and ferment though, that would be a fun experiment.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

Managed to get the 2 best releases of the year. Clots and DQMs. And some good wheels for a project.

Ray's makes an excellent wheel. Strong approve.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

My new mask cover got here!

It looks great and should work out a lot better than my plague doctor mask, since I can turn my head without knocking things off shelves in this one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
What an ugly shoe

mystes
May 31, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

What an ugly shoe
It's a colored pencil holder.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bottom Liner posted:

What an ugly shoe

It's like "the shocker" - the shoe

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I do a lot of CNC work, and I've been terminally curious about what these little guys can do. I've got a mess of projects that I want to make, as well as work on a post processor for it.

At $350, it's about the same price as my 3D printer, and it's so interesting to see what can be accomplished in this price point.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's a much lower price than I would expect. I'd be very curious to see how you like it.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Got a link to that thing? I’ve been casually looking and that’s the cheapest I’ve heard of.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

skrapp mettle posted:

Who makes this? I want one.

Ebike thread. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933074

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

We got 1/4 cow. It’s hard to tell with all the ground beef making up the top layer, but there’s about 150lb of beef in here, along with 30lb of chicken breast and 50lb of whole chicken (8 birds).

The beef is grass-fed from a local farm and they have an Aussie butcher which is awesome because she knows the cuts the normal butchers don’t do, in addition to the normal filets, sirloins, roasts etc.

This one specifically is essentially a Picanha, which nobody else around here does.

We also asked for the liver, heart and tongue because they’re delicious. The other people that went in on beef must not have wanted theirs because we ended up with two of each. didn’t think it would all fit...

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Got a link to that thing? I’ve been casually looking and that’s the cheapest I’ve heard of.

https://www.sainsmart.com/collections/cnc-machines/products/sainsmart-genmitsu-cnc-router-3018-prover-kit

Definitely get some dry PTFE lube like the Super Lube spray can version. The instructions call for it, and it's really the only thing I was missing.

They do only come with some engraving bits, so I've gotten a few router bits to let me do some actual work.

I don't know your experience level, but if you're brand new to CNC work, the bits that Inventables sell are competent and explain well what they're good for:

https://www.inventables.com/categories/carving-bits

Lastly, I've seen some folks "cut" into aluminum and brass with these machines, but the results are bad and not the purpose for which one should buy these machines. Wood and plastics are certainly where I would stay for the well being off the machine and tooling.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

We got 1/4 cow. It’s hard to tell with all the ground beef making up the top layer, but there’s about 150lb of beef in here, along with 30lb of chicken breast and 50lb of whole chicken (8 birds).

The beef is grass-fed from a local farm and they have an Aussie butcher which is awesome because she knows the cuts the normal butchers don’t do, in addition to the normal filets, sirloins, roasts etc.

This one specifically is essentially a Picanha, which nobody else around here does.

We also asked for the liver, heart and tongue because they’re delicious. The other people that went in on beef must not have wanted theirs because we ended up with two of each. didn’t think it would all fit...

Legit question, can you eat all that? Doesn’t beef have a freezer life of like a year?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Vacuum sealed is fine for 2-3 years, especially if you’re in a chest freezer that doesn’t self-defrost.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Rolo posted:

Legit question, can you eat all that? Doesn’t beef have a freezer life of like a year?

Yeah it’s all vacuum packed and the freezer doesn’t do thaw cycles to defrost itself. It will last as long as we need it to and prevent us from buying meat at the grocery store. We do something like this every year; last year was our own pigs we had butchered.

It’s a lot of money but ends up being reasonably economical in the long run if you can stomach the initial expenditure.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Yeah it’s all vacuum packed and the freezer doesn’t do thaw cycles to defrost itself. It will last as long as we need it to and prevent us from buying meat at the grocery store. We do something like this every year; last year was our own pigs we had butchered.

It’s a lot of money but ends up being reasonably economical in the long run if you can stomach the initial expenditure.

Man that’s awesome. Sounds like a chest freezer is purchase 1 if I can ever buy a house in the US.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Best bet for your first time is to find a willing partner and go halfsies if you don't have a quiverfull-size family. Then you can see how fast it goes down and if you can eat a full cow next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got a Stardew Valley shirt. I thought I would be slick and order the women's sizes for a more flattering fit and a brighter color. It's too short for me though. Now, if I was able to wear pants with a high waist or leggings, this would actually work fine, but I can't, because gender norms :bahgawd:

lol, I'm gonna exchange it. It took like 2 weeks for them to send out this one though. Oh well, should have measured it and me more thoroughly.