Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

Gardening:
Spending hundreds of dollars on equipment, dirt, seeds, etc... to save dozens on produce at the store.

Sounds like when I learned the hard way that if I was willing to put in the effort, I could make my own mozzarella that was almost as good and only cost a little bit more than store-bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

Unfortunately she knew it wasn’t junk like the other books I brought up. I paid 75 for it. It’s just been sitting on a shelf, the pages and spine look like it’s never been opened.
bargain! i’d pay 75 easy

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

bowmore posted:

bargain! i’d pay 75 easy

That’s what I was thinking. Now I have original hardcovers of that, Hocus Pocus, Sirens of Titan, Breakfast of Champions, Galapagos and Timequake. SoT and BoC are missing the dust jackets but Hocus is signed (to my dad! They met in Long Island.)

I’d kill to find Mother Night for under a grand. It’s my favorite book of his. By a lot.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I bought a weighted blanket.

It hasn't come in yet, so no pic, but just imagine like... a regular blanket, and then make it weigh 25lbs, and you have the one I bought. Oh yea, was grey too.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I bought a weighted blanket.

It hasn't come in yet, so no pic, but just imagine like... a regular blanket, and then make it weigh 25lbs, and you have the one I bought. Oh yea, was grey too.

I've had basically that same blanket since Xmas and its honestly fantastic. I miss it when I'm away from home. Get the cover for it though as it weighing that much can do some serious damage to a washing machine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Love my weighted blanket. If I want to sleep in I turn my fan on high and toss on the weighted blanket. No waking me up after that!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A weighted blanket? Like, with lead plates in it or something? Don't mean to shop-shame, but what exactly is the point? This is one thing I never even considered that I might want.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

A weighted blanket? Like, with lead plates in it or something? Don't mean to shop-shame, but what exactly is the point? This is one thing I never even considered that I might want.

They're typically filled with metal or glass beads. It's essentially a comfort thing. Laying under a heavy blanket just feels good. Not for warmth reasons, but it satisfies something else in the brain. A return to the womb? I don't know. But it's nice.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Spring sale on the playstation store.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Alhazred posted:

I took a break from cleaning my house to play some games and started playing this until it hit me like a rock that I am playing a robot cleaning a house.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

I liked this game. Very excellent for chilling and enjoying nice visuals and music.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

JEEVES420 posted:

I took a break from cleaning my house to play some games and started playing this until it hit me like a rock that I am playing a robot cleaning a house.

Long ago I remember finding a trade route in Escape Velocity: NOVA where I had a guaranteed profit buying / selling gear between systems. Like two hours in I realized I was doing virtual work for virtual money, and it suddenly hit me that I could be doing the same thing, but for real money.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Alhazred posted:

Solid choices. I loved DBH and Edith Finch.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

The one I got has glass beads. Basically it's like a full body hug and it's supposed to be comforting and whatnot so you sleep really well. You go with 10% of your body weight for the blanket weight. I'm a goon, so it was big. Lighter blankets can cost less.

Didn't think about the cover but yea I'm gonna get one if the blanket works out.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
can confirm, weighted blankets are loving nice

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Weighted blankets are superb if you have anxiety, as well. I suffer from very bad racing thoughts that lead to insomnia but a weighted blanket can turn that down to a dull roar.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Alhazred posted:

Nice! Detroit become human got a lot of hate for some reason, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great story, and fantastic visuals :)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The gate is mostly is a David cage game which means it’s very ambitious and hilariously poorly thought out

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I love David Cage games, and he's a tremendous hack.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

Weighted blankets are basically Temple Grandin's hug machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sSp7Ds95E

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Some patches for a new battle jacket

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

TotalLossBrain posted:

can confirm, weighted blankets are loving nice

Can you or anyone point out a brand of a good one? I'm curious now.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I've been using a weighted blank to get ripped while I sleep.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

cyberia posted:

Some patches for a new battle jacket

Ah, a new ”gun or bikepart” game, blackmetal or warhammer 40k.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Captain Lavender posted:

Can you or anyone point out a brand of a good one? I'm curious now.

I've got this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T1VRSYF/

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Thank you!

I think I got the idea to buy it from this thread, but I picked up some Dr. Pepper & Cream Soda Zero Sugar. Might be the best diet soda I've ever had. The dissatisfying after taste in all diet sodas is almost non existent.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
A bottle of ketchup

This is a big deal, I'm a Heinz Man. Still am, but our youngest son has got this idea that we ought to be a Felix Family.

So to make him happy we bought one of these bottles. He's so excited about it that when we got a visitor the next day he took her to the fridge and showed the bottle in the same way an adult would show of a bottle of fine scotch he just bought.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

A bottle of ketchup

This is a big deal, I'm a Heinz Man. Still am, but our youngest son has got this idea that we ought to be a Felix Family.

So to make him happy we bought one of these bottles. He's so excited about it that when we got a visitor the next day he took her to the fridge and showed the bottle in the same way an adult would show of a bottle of fine scotch he just bought.

Might as well go with Meira, IMHO.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Captain Lavender posted:

Thank you!

I think I got the idea to buy it from this thread, but I picked up some Dr. Pepper & Cream Soda Zero Sugar. Might be the best diet soda I've ever had. The dissatisfying after taste in all diet sodas is almost non existent.

It's really good, we also got the standard Diet Cream Soda DP and it's very good but that Zero one is amazing.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

They're typically filled with metal or glass beads. It's essentially a comfort thing. Laying under a heavy blanket just feels good. Not for warmth reasons, but it satisfies something else in the brain. A return to the womb? I don't know. But it's nice.

Oog not like night. Dark. Cold. Oog wear bear skin. Oog safe. Oog sleep.

CH Science
Sep 11, 2019

Skateboard so the fiance can shred with me this summer:

Kitting the bike out for some upcoming gravel rides:

E: oops thumbnails

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

CH Science posted:

I haven't been on a skateboard in 15 years and sometimes I still get tempted to just hang them on the wall.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m 34 and I’ve been seeing more and more people on longboards and I’m like hey why not me. My grocery/beer store is a mile away, it would be perfect.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rolo posted:

I’m 34 and I’ve been seeing more and more people on longboards and I’m like hey why not me. My grocery/beer store is a mile away, it would be perfect.

It makes me think of a scene in Portlandia with a retirement aged man skateboarding (bc that's what they do in Portland instead of golf). Why not? I cross a tiny bridge to get to work and it would be super fun to skate. Also that deck and those wheels are so nice I wouldn't wanna put wear on them.

colas has a new favorite as of 00:55 on Apr 18, 2021

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

CH Science posted:

Those primitive wheels are dope, happy shredding to you both

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Got this second hand, with tags on, denim jacket for a steal. Been looking for one for long time and finally scored! Now to hunt down some patches. Please give some rad patch recommendations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Rolo posted:

Are you planning to carry around a longboard inside your grocery/beer store?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Megabound posted:

Got this second hand, with tags on, denim jacket for a steal. Been looking for one for long time and finally scored! Now to hunt down some patches. Please give some rad patch recommendations.

I haven't put them on my bad rear end midlife crisis bomber yet, but I'm gonna!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Nice, I've got these two on the way so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Megabound posted:

Trabant posted:

I bought a patch:

I have no idea where to use said patch.

Out of stock at the moment but they do bring them back.