Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Mr. F! posted:

They're a super lovely company. They used to have a 1 year warranty on their entire product, both battery and the equipment. This year, they started running out of batteries because they were so lovely and they kept having to replace the batteries under warranty. Usually within 6 months of purchase the batteries stopped taking a charge.

What do they do? Change it so the batteries are only warrantied for 12 weeks, keeping the equipment at the one year warranty. Guess what's plastered all over their boxes? 1 year warranty!

Are there any cheap inflators out there that are worth the money? I looked around a little bit before and its hard to tell if any of them are actually good or not. Are the corded 12v ones generally going to be more reliable than a battery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Trabant posted:

Taschen books is a dangerous money pit. Got Hiroshige's One Hundred Famous Views of Edo in fancy binding and cover variant:

Technically, I ordered it 3 months ago, but it only became available in stock a week ago. Totally worth it, it's a gorgeous edition.

Wow I want all these books

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Just a FYI, Slickdeals has a link up for those chairs that everyone loves but are crazy expensive. I think it's like 200 bucks off some models.

Might be worth taking a peek at.

I've wanted an Aeron for a while now since I was able to use one at a work site once and that's only a little cheaper than what you'll usually see out there. If you're patient someone will have them sometimes for $400, like this site seems to have them right now for $475 to $550. That's probably worth it actually, even though it's still a lot of money for a chair...

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I love Japanese wood block stuff

Someone earlier in this thread posted the larger Taschen version of One Hundred Famous Views of Edo and I had to get that one even as someone who didn't know anything about wood block stuff. It's a little more than a foot tall with every print given a full page with commentary. It's got these folded pages bound Japanese style with string on the loose side and just generally feels like a very unique, high quality book. Anyone seen any other art books that stand out like that one?