Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

So for the last week I have been running without headlights- I ordered LEDs off of Amazon and they didn't work because I needed a special canbus for my car- panicked when I saw Trueland's support was in Shenzhen but their customer service was actually really great and sent me the part for free from Amazon in about 3 days.

I don't really care about how the headlights make my car look, I just found it refreshing to deal with an attentive and pleasant customer service dept for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

A lot of them come with motion smoothing and upscaling stuff turned on by default which makes movement look really weird and flowy.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

OSU_Matthew posted:

Speaking of soul food, got some excellent breakfast and chicory coffee at Heaven on Seven this morning:

The gumbo was even better than a lot of places I had down in NOLA... thanks for the recommendation OniPanda!

Hope they aren't cleaning that pan after serving food in it.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It will destroy the seasoning of the cast iron.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Just chuck it in the dishwasher with the steak knives.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Jokes aside that looks like an awesome breakfast but I would probably need to go back to bed afterward.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Blue On Blue posted:

I did the opposite of purchase

I just cleaned out my closet and donated 4 suit bags packed to the gills with various clothing I never wear anymore

Someone is going to be super happy to get a bunch of great condition sweaters, pants, shirts I hope!

I also have bags of clothes that I'm too fat to fit in anymore.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

My 4yo wants to get into longer books for reading time.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

What I assume is Tove Jennson's Gollum certainly looks different than mine.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The only showerhead necessary is one that you can set to:

1: Normal
2: Uncomfortably cold mist
3: Buttcrack jet

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Got a pair of $50 buds on Amazon and 2 days in I'm pretty impressed with them.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Swap meet haul.

Sweet Necronomicon

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

I bought a toolbox! My tools happen to be a camera and audio equipment, for which it works almost perfectly. It’s quite sturdy and spacious, and only $25 as opposed to whatever a Pelican costs.

There's something extremely satisfying about carrying one of those types of cases around- here's mine:

https://twitter.com/wurp/status/1182804193133940737?s=20

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Drill press

Automatic knife

e: not pictured, dog surgery. For the dog, not like surgery to turn me into some sort of dogman or whatever. Doggo has a bone chip in her elbow and it needs to come out so we can run together again.

Did you... perform the surgery with the drill press and the automatic knife? :ohdear:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Got a new monitor and a stream deck. I actually got the monitor for free though because I wanted one that rotated vertically and this one doesn't, but the one advertised on the website did. I called customer service because the one I got is different than the one pictured on the website and they said I could keep it and gave me a full refund! I used that refund to get the stream deck.

I have no idea what that Weyland-Yutani looking thing is.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

You can get a used Freightliner Cascadia TASC with just under a million miles for about $18k.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

I already have an ultimate sack.

Does it taste good though?

btw don’t use tap water if u want good tasting coffee. Unless you live in Alaska.

Just put cold coffee in the reservoir for that coffeed-in flavor.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

re cheap earbuds:

A few months ago I got these on amazon for 50-ish bucks and the sound/mic/battery life is surprisingly good. Also they're my first bluetooth headphones that don't skip when I'm a room away from the source or have my phone in my pocket and line of sight is blocked by my large gross body.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

colas posted:

Some mornings I try to make a coffee run (2 miles) and get back before my morning movement. It's more sensible to go before since there's one on deck. It's a dangerous game, a mildly extreme sport.

You crazy son of a bitch.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I have a MYSTERY PURCHASE :iiam:

A friend bought this at a thrift store thinking it was a dish rack. It is not and we can't figure out what it is. Anyone know?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Any markings on the bottom?

No branding anywhere on it.

e: Solved, thanks!

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Jul 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

/\ lol at this Playskool looking thing./\

Teach posted:

Fleshlight dishwasher rack.

C'mon, don't leave us in suspenders!

(My guess was test tube dishwasher rack...)

Jerry answered me it the post above- it's a baby bottle drying thing.

My friend doesn't do baby bottles anymore but has a 3 year old who will happily play with the thing.