Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Just got this trilobite fossil in the mail:

That's awesome! I go fossil hunting every once in a while and am obsessed with finding a decent trilobite specimen but have yet to find more than a tiny fragment of one. I think about just buying one from time to time, and looks like you've got a pretty cool one now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Aramek posted:

So I stopped by the store on the way home today because I received a circular in the mail and some of these sales were pretty darn good (ribeye for 6.99/lb). I decided to pick up a package of those cotton candy grapes that I saw some goons talking about, and, wow. It's exactly what it says on the tin.

Yeah, those are fun to try! Grats on the cheap meat, too.

I bought a bunch of Hot Pockets today because there was a decent sale.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

That's an absolutely awesome tattoo!

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Humerus posted:

Y'all are cowards for not recommending reading Lord of the Rings to a four year old.

Silmarillion or GTFO. :colbert:

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

colas posted:

Is the trader joes chili onion crunch basically the cripsy chili angry lady sauce?

Yes, without the actual flavors from all the good stuff. But seriously, they're similar in their appeal but the trader Joe's one is much brighter and simpler, versus the dank angry lady magic.
I have a bottle of each within reach and enjoy both!

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

OSU_Matthew posted:

These are gorgeous! What are they?

Read your post too quick at first and thought you said your marriage was falling apart, not the steak handles... Leads to a much darker interpretation of the purchase lol

I went to the store where OJ bought his murder weapon, to drop off some knives to be sharpened for my sister-in-law; nice little place!

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Maine Root - Spicy Ginger Brew is legit af, too. It even has gingery sediment in it so you know it's good!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

I was seriously considering buying some Jai Alai for the first time while on a rare shopping trip the other day but didn't end up pulling the trigger... Maybe next time, then!

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

1redflag posted:

Cigar City’s “Maduro” brown ale is also a solid choiceif that’s more your speed.

I'll keep an eye out for both... I live like 1200 miles away so I don't actually see Cigar City stuff all the time, though hell I think the Jai Alai was at Target so it can't be too rare even up here.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Been driving high mileage junkers for the past 12 years. Finally got something better.

Its a 2010 but only has 50k miles.

Congrats - that is a SWEET-rear end ride!

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Aramek posted:

Is the brand specifically bad, or you just don't like polos?

Because polos are nice and comfy and look and feel nicer than a tshirt.

Proud Boys (idiotic subset of Nazis) exclusively wear Fred Perry brand polo shirts (ideally in basically that precise color combo - black with gold trim/embroidery, but with a brighter yellow color rather than the "champagne" that the dude bought) while scurrying around doing Nazi poo poo.

I'm relieved that you're not a PB, purchaser of said shirt.

Teketeketeketeke has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Jun 6, 2020

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

I bought an extra shelf for a billy bookcase to turn a 7-shelf case into an 8-shelf case so I can fit even more blurays :toot:

Adding an extra shelf to a Billy feels so... right

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

The $200 price tag makes it cool. Just like sneakers.

Hideous sneakers have to be at least $600 to be cool

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Butterfly knives and peppermint schnapps!

Oh man, I'm only halfway there this week! Gotta make a liquor run soon..

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

colas posted:

Is this complete and ready to play? Are the miniatures painted?

1. Yes! (Though it doesn't have dice or measuring stuff, so maybe that's a "no")
2. Lol no

Teketeketeketeke has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Jul 29, 2020

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Rolo posted:

Dang you thread. I got the game thing.

I'm trying to stop myself...

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

I bought my wife a couple of shearling coats and perfumes etc. But I need ideas for fun, small gifts.
I’d also like to find some weird and interesting flavour coffee beans for her

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Does she like the taste of civet?

Yeah, you gotta go with the Kopi Luwak! (could be considered cruel)
There's also a similar coffee, but elephants poo poo it out instead of civets, so maybe look into that?

Barring that, if she's into booze, many indie roasters are making awesome barrel aged (rum, bourbon, etc.) coffees that rock. I would recommend you check out a few of the places local to me but they keep selling out of the barrel-aged stuff, so maybe look around your own metro area. :D

Finally, I saw durian flavored coffee at an Asian grocery recently but I was too afraid to try it. Maybe y'all can...

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

Got my sister and her husband This Puzzle, and a 2-person Slanket.

Cool! Might have to pick up one of those puzzles for my sister and her partner...

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

KingColliwog posted:

I bought so many things lately!

Hell yes! Love grabbing mine and going to town on myself

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

McCracAttack posted:

They also have an automatic sensor to turn them up when the air quality is poor. I thought that feature would be bullshit too but any time I fry (and sometimes burn) food they crank up for about ten minutes.

Warning: no matter how quiet and inoffensive your farts are, everybody will know once the air purifier kicks on (if it's anything like the one we have :v:)

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

I recommend anything decent by Fujitsu - I use one of their $1200 professional ones (fi-7160 or something) all day errday at work. If you need something hardcore, I would say about anything in the fi-6000 or fi-7000 series, which can be had for a few hundo used.

More relevantly, I recently purchased one of their compact models for at-home use, the Scansnap S1500, which is basically the older version of that one up there maybe. (currently like $400-500 new but I got mine used for maybe $120-150).
Even in the compact size, being a used model, this thing just tears through stacks of poo poo, and folds up to where I can just stick it on a bookshelf! It's even pretty :3:

There's also the S1500m which is the Mac version, featuring silver trim instead of black trim, but they're literally identical otherwise. I have a Win10 PC and the Mac version scanner and it works 100% - only difference is software, to the best of my knowledge.

Teketeketeketeke has a new favorite as of 20:56 on Feb 11, 2021

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Some new shoes for my daily driver. I’ve had it for over two years and normally I buy new wheels much sooner than that but I’ve had other cars to mod in the meantime so this one was just driven with stock wheels. For shame.

Daaaaang those look sweet on there!

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Phthisis posted:

I recently purchased this frame, and before that the print inside it. It is a gift for a friend. I hope she likes it, and am sure she will.

OMG--that's beautiful! My BFF has an Iggy and would love this...

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Weird question but I figure since I learned about fountain pens in this thread, someone here might be able to answer. Are the any ink cartridges that fit pens that have waterproof ink?

I'm thinking of mailing some letters but I know there's a decent chance they are gonna get damp from the whole "live in the south and it rains like a bastard 5x a week", and I don't want them to end up some sort of Rorschach ink blot instead of my writing.

Goulet Pens lists some more water resistant inks, and you can filter by cartridge:
https://www.gouletpens.com/collecti...%5Border%5D=asc

Personally, I'd grab a converter and some bottled ink, which opens you up to all sorts of much better warerproof options, like Noodler's Bulletproof series, etc etc etc

A lot of the big name japanese inks are pretty water resistant (in basic colors, at least), like Sailor Jentle (black, blue-black, and blue) Namiki/Pilot Standard (black and blue) etc.
Pelikan 4001 classic black is another great one.

Teketeketeketeke has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Apr 18, 2021

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

LowOnCyan posted:

This looks so cool, I've never knew about these until now.
I read up on it, and I learned a new trick where you place glass marbles in the water boiling part, and so if the water risks getting too low, the marbles rattle letting you know to add more water. I will use that trick for when I steam my dumplings.

Other trick: place a coin in the bottom of the water boiling part. When it starts to rattle worryingly loudly, it's time to add more water!
Used successfully to guide a very, very long tamale-steaming session.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Google Fi decided I could be trusted with a pair of Pixel 5as. They arrived last week and my spouse and I are big fans already.

Very nice!
My Pixel 2 XL was amazing until it experienced a series of unfortunate events culminating in its death this summer. Would've replaced it in a heartbeat with a 5a but they weren't out yet.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Those colors are :krad:

Rolo posted:

I don’t own an Xbox.

You can just plug in a USB cable and use on PC, if that helps?

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Anyone have a rec for a cordless vacuum? Hoping to get one in the $150 range, and not the $4-500 range.

No pets, but 4 kids. Only one room with carpet, but it's the living room so it gets a decent amount of traffic (all with no shoes on.)

I really like my Bissell Air Ram, though it's into the $2XX range. Powerful, folds under furniture very well, etc. Haven't used my corded vacuum in years.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Megabound posted:

I needed a better paper cutter so I bought an antique one that needed some restoration and did that.

Dang that's nice! I've been trying to find a decent one for years on my estate sale adventures.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

KingSlime posted:

I got a plane ticket for a weekend in Cleveland, Ohio. Guess all of those stupid billboards all over Texas telling us to go visit are working as intended.

I'm pretty excited because I've never been to that region of the country, earlier this year, I got to check out the Pacific Northwest for the first time in my life which was loving insane and magical! Ohio is probably just as cool, maybe right?

gently caress yeah. Eat at Melt Bar & Grilled. Thank me later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Now you have to go buy a N64 and Zelda ocarina of time, it's the law.

This was me. :3: